27 March 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 27: Rolling along

Gwyn's been having a great time working as an independent gardener. She's started selling her produce at the local market and is even getting a small stipend from city hall! I love how peaceful she seems when she's in the garden.

Screenshot-4

I'm moving right up the ladder at my job, too. I was promoted to Aquatic Ecosystem Tweaker! I'm still pretty surprised that I'm finally getting the credit that I deserve at work, but I have no complaints! Gwyn tells me that she never doubted my abilities, of course, but I was really starting to wonder if I'd ever reach my potential.

Screenshot-5

Ariel seems to be more outdoorsy than her brother. We often find her doing her homework out in the yard and she seems to do well in school, but I worry that she's not very serious about it. She doesn't seem to care whether she finishes her work or not!

Screenshot-6

Sebastian participated in the high school ritual called prom recently. He didn't have a date and I worry that he might be as insecure around girls as I was at that age, but he cut a fine figure in his tux.


Screenshot-10

Gwyn read Ariel a bedtime story while I was up worrying about how things were going at prom. Gwyn tells me that I worry too much. She's probably right, she usually is.

Screenshot-11

In the end, though, I fells asleep before Sebastian even made it home! Gwyn was the one who fed him and got all of the details. I guess he had a great time and only made a fool of himself a few times!

Screenshot-16

The reason I couldn't stay awake long enough to hear about prom probably had something to do with how hard I've been working. I know that's been a constant topic around here for quite some time, but I went without a promotion for so long... I didn't want to be a test subject until the day I died! Anyway, it paid off again when I was promoted to Genetic Resequencer. I'm one step closer to running the classified lab that I've been dreaming of most of my life. I'm sure Sebastian understands that I might miss out on a few of his activities.

Screenshot-18

Though maybe I should be keeping a slightly closer eye on what's going on at home. Apparently, I'm not the only one who's been pushing themselves too hard!

Screenshot-27

The next day, I declared it a family holiday. No one was allowed to do anything that they didn't want to do. This lead to Gwyn and me teaching Ariel how to fish. (She's been asking for a few weeks, but things have been busy!)

Screenshot-30

Meanwhile, Sebastian headed inside to read. He's a smart kid and needs more intellectual than physical stimulation, apparently.

Screenshot-31

************
A/N: I'm running into a period of time where not much is going on and, yet, lots of things are happening. Zeke is moving up the ladder pretty regularly and quickly these days and Gwyn's business is going well, but there are only so many gardening and lab pictures that I can keep interesting. The kids aren't doing anything unusual and are both pretty well behaved... so you get short, fairly boring chapters! I'm still a bit ahead in game play, but I'll put up an informal heir poll once Ariel is a teen. I might do another cross-pollination update, too, but I don't have any good pictures of those updates. Things are getting interesting around town, though!


Outtakes!

I love Kevin and Neli!
Screenshot-2

Not the most flattering look, Zeke.
Screenshot-19

Awww, dorky Gwyn!
Screenshot-21

So a paparazzi (paparazzo?) was hanging out on the porch when he went and died! Right in front of Ariel! Like that won't scar her for life.
Screenshot-26

If it wasn't for birthday cake, these people might never eat. They hardly ever cook, they just live on cake between parties.
Screenshot-28

6 comments:

  1. Sebastian and Gwyn posing were so funny! Also, was Sebastian making music when he passed out? It looks like he has a music note lying on his jeans!

    I totally get the less exciting time. I've played quite a bit ahead and I have one thing to say: Guh, toddler skilling, guh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice the music note! That's from the radio that sits on the floor next to the fireplace. They're always turning that thing on.

      Toddler skilling, I hear you! (On the other hand, Charles has a toddler! Can't wait!)

      Delete
  2. I don't think the pictures were boring - in every family life there needs to be some regularity and security as to the daily routine. It's nice to see that the family works out - even if Zeke is working a lot.

    The outtakes are awesome, as usual! Thank God you have parties now and then, otherwise your boys could have been starved by now:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! Someone occasionally makes mac and cheese or salad, but mostly it's all cake all the time!

      Delete
  3. Exactly! Life isn't always full of drama, even the craziest families have down time as well, and it's nice to see what they do on a day to day basis. I like these chapters. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually kind of like it when there are quiet times, too. It's fun to just let them go do what they want sometimes!

      Delete