15 March 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 23: Gardening with Gwyn

I know it's important to fit in at work, but I'm getting kind of tired of the highwaters already!

Screenshot

The good news is that Ariel is now sleeping through the night! I don't miss the baby months at all, though Gwyn has started giving hints that she might want another little one. I suppose that might be an option if we were ever alone long enough, but as it is... not gonna happen!

Screenshot-2

Gwyn's been spending even more time in her garden now that she's taking a few jobs here and there.

Screenshot-4

She was so excited as she went on her first real delivery. I'm not sure how much of that was earning money and how much was just getting herself out of the house for a bit!

Screenshot-5

Then again, it could have been because her first professional harvest had been commissioned by her sister, Averni. She had so much time visiting with her sister that she didn't come home for hours!

Screenshot-7

It's ok, though, I kind of like having the one on one time with the kids. I know that I don't necessarily do things the way their mother would, but they don't seem to mind.

Screenshot-11

Gwyn and I have, unfortunately, been a little lax in our parenting since Ariel's birthday. Neither of us were particularly motivated to go through all of the toddler lessons again, we were having too much fun just cuddling and playing with Ariel!

Screenshot-19

It wasn't long, though, before Gwyn put an end to our laziness. She declared that our daughter would not grow up without knowing a few basic skills and I have no choice but to listen to her. When Gwyn makes up her mind, it's best to just follow along.

Screenshot-21

Check me out, though... it's my last day in highwaters!!! I was officially promoted to Carnivorous Plant Tender today! I'm not sure what the "uniform" for that job will be yet, but it can't be much worse... right?

Screenshot-24

Gwyn and I used my bonus to invest in a buffet table. We've been throwing too many parties without serving food, according to Gwyn.

Screenshot-25


**********
A/N: I was getting a little worried that Zeke and Gwyn were never going to wish to teach Ariel anything! It took a couple if Sim days for Gwyn to finally roll a wish to do something about that. Also, Yay! Another promotion! Apparently. whatever glitch it was that was keeping Zeke from advancing has worked itself out since I haven't changed anything in story progression yet. Interesting. My game has been pretty laggy (is that a word? it should be) lately, though. I hope things aren't going to get crashy.


Outtakes!

It's a family reunion!
Screenshot-6

Sebastian generally likes his sister, but not always.
Screenshot-12

Invisible apple trees!
Screenshot-15

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that first outtakes picture makes my eyes do funny things, like it's an optical illusion! Haha

    And yes, laggy is DEFINITELY a word, unfortunately. One I know all too well!

    I'm glad the career is back on track, Zeke should be climbing that ladder quickly now! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there's a sister or two missing from that picture, too! Gwyn comes from a big family.

      Delete
  2. Good grief! Gwyn has how many sisters? They all look like clones in that picture!

    Glad to see that Zeke is finally moving up the career ladder. I can't wait to see what Ariel looks like when she ages up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwyn has 6 or 7 sisters that I know of... but they don't all live together so I occasionally run into one that I haven't seen before!

      Delete
  3. Gwyn really has a big family. On one picture in the middle of your chapter, when we see Gwyn on the pool, there are two sisters standing next to each other and looking exactly the same (clothes,hair...). I figured that there was a mirror somewhere, but then I noticed that one had raised her arm and the other one didn't :D Fascinating,really.

    Great chapter :) And although it is always a little depressing to have a trait locked in on the child birthday due to not teaching them how to walk and stuff,that never has any consequences later in the game. That would be fun :D I wouldn't want to see adults in diapers,though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad that they finally decided to teach the poor girl something. I don't mind too much if they miss completing a skill before the birthday, but to not teach anything? That would just be too sad!

      Delete