07 March 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 21: About time!

Gwyn has been looking much more pregnant this time around! I suppose that has something to do with it being the second pregnancy. I don't think she's too happy about how she looks right now!

Screenshot

I think it helps that Sebastian is off to school now, though, since it gives Gwyn a chance to rest during the day. I must admit, it's pretty exciting to see my son venturing out into the world!

Screenshot-2

I finally got the attention of my boss at work! After many, many weeks of hard work I convinced him to give me a promotion! I am now a Fertilizer Analyst. I know it doesn't sound very glamorous, but after been stuck for so long I'm thrilled to finally be moving up the ladder again.

Screenshot-3

Sebastian is such an independent child! He comes right home and does his homework without even being asked! He's a chip off the old block! Plus, it gives Gwyn and me a chance to unwind in the evenings.

Screenshot-6

I've been working so hard and getting pretty stressed so I'm trying to remember to take a little time for myself after getting home.

Screenshot-7

I wish that Gwyn could join me in the hot tub, but the doctors say that she should stay out. Luckily, she has her own ways of unwinding and getting her water fun fix!

Screenshot-8

She's always so busy keeping up with her wife and mom jobs that I worry about her overextending herself in her condition. Gwyn's pretty good at adjusting the way she does things to accommodate her growing belly, though.

Screenshot-11

It wasn't long before it was time for another trip to the hospital! Gwyn woke me in the middle of the night (why is it always at night?!) and told me things were happening. I had planned on being calm for her this time around, but that didn't exactly work out the way I'd hoped.

Screenshot-15

Sebastian slept through the whole thing so I'm glad that he's old enough to stay home on his own rather having to get up and go with us. I'd hate for him to be too tired to go to school in the morning. I have high hopes for my boy being an honor student!

Screenshot-18

Gwyn had a remarkably quick labor and delivery! We were back home before morning with out new little girl, Ariel. She looks very much liker her beautiful mother.

Screenshot-22

It's kind of nice holding a new baby in my arms again.

Screenshot-24

*************
A/N: So Zeke finally got promoted! I have no idea what the glitch was or why it's fixed, but I was so thrilled to see his work bar start going up again! Ariel seems to be a darker blue than Gwyn so it will be interesting to see what she looks like as she ages. She rolled the eccentric and athletic traits.

Outtakes!

Creepy open eye sleep. I hate it when they do that!
Screenshot-12

Trixi takes a turn in the hot tub.
Screenshot-13

Once again, Zeke's panicking annoyed Gwyn. All she wants to do is make the bed! (It was nice to see her actually looking pregnant this time around, though!)
Screenshot-16

Ariel is not as quiet as Sebastian was as a baby. Poor Sebastian.
Screenshot-35

10 comments:

  1. Blue skin! Ariel is a lovely name, too. I love both Ariel and Sebastian. Oh.... is this The Little Mermaid? Ha! I guess it goes with the blue skin :) :).

    Ariel really did turn out very dark blue. I'm going to guess she got Gwyn's color and Zeke's shade, since Zeke's fairly dark. Though she kind of looks darker than Zeke even.

    Good to see Trixi again! Is Gwyn Neat? I don't remember if you told us her traits. I've never had a sim who wanted to make the bed while she was in labor.

    And wow, a promotion! What level is Fertilizer Analyst, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seemed fitting that Gwyn would go with Little Mermaid names for her kids! I liked the names quite a bit even without the theme.

      Ariel is really dark blue. I can't wait to who's hair she gets to go with it!

      I think I listed Gwyn's traits when she married into the household, but one of them is Neat. It cracks me up how annoyed she gets when she can't clean when she wants to.

      Fertilizer Analyst is either level 4... only 5 more promotions to go! Ugh.

      Delete
  2. YES! Finally a blue baby! And I love her name, Ariel is really great.
    And I'm so glad that Zeke finally got promoted...that got a little creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really annoying! I'm thinking that my lack of story progression might be messing up Zeke's promotions, too. There's definitely a glitch in there somewhere!

      Delete
    2. Huh...fingers crossed that you can figure out what it is so that it won't mess up future heirs as well!

      Delete
  3. I love Ariel's skin as well!
    Isn't it weird that some of the cc clothes change the shape of your pregnant sim? Drives me crazy!
    Also, I'm super happy he got a promotion. I hate weird glitches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy that Zeke finally got promoted, he's worked so hard for it!

      Gwyn wore the same clothes during her last pregnancy and didn't look pregnant at all. It's all so weird.

      I'm going to have a hard time deciding who is the heir this time around... I love Sebastian, but Ariel is so unique...

      Delete
  4. Pregnant sims can't use the hot tub? That's weird, since they can jump on the trampoline and use the sculpting station and inventing table's blowtorches. Sim world is awesome in it's weirdness!

    Nice name theme, with the blue skinned little Ariel. If Sebastian turns out Neurotic I'll be ROFL. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea Gwyn couldn't go in the hot tub while pregnant until I kept trying to send her there (Zeke wished to hot tub with someone) and she wouldn't go! The sprinklers weren't quite as social as the hot tub with her husband would have been, but they made her happy all the same.

      Delete
  5. Awwww, baby Ariel!!!

    ReplyDelete