23 March 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 26: Down time

With both kids in school, Gwyn was suddenly free during the day. She's been complaining that she doesn't get out of the house enough, so she took the opportunity to visit the park. She enjoyed the sun, the fresh air, and of course being near the water.

Screenshot-74

While she was out, she decided to do some seed hunting. She's always on the look out for new and unusual seeds to plant in the garden. I wonder what they'll grow!

Screenshot-75

After she got home from the park, she went for a dip in the hot tub. I think she's a little giddy about getting some time to herself after so many years of raising kids.

Screenshot-76

I debated leaving her to enjoy her soak alone.

Screenshot-78

But in the end, I couldn't resist! Relaxing in the hot tub is one of my favorite ways to de-stress from my day at work. And spending the time with my wife?

Screenshot-79

It's a beautiful thing.

Screenshot-80

There are times that I kind of love that the kids are growing up and able to take care of themselves!

Screenshot-81


**************
A/N: I figured that it was about time to let Gwyn have a little adventure. She was getting stir-crazy due to all of the staying home she's been doing lately. Since she gets a break from babies and birthday parties for now, she finally gets a chance to do something for herself! Of course, she and Zeke are still both wishing for another baby. Unfortunately, I can't get them to spend enough time together for that to happen these days (and someone usually needs a shower before the other will even consider being romantic). I'd planned to work on that during Zeke's days off, but the recent birthdays took those up.


Outtakes!

Trixi has decided to take up fitness in her afterlife. Weird ghost exercise!
Screenshot-72

Zeke wants Gwyn to know that he is starving! Too bad there's nothing for him to eat, sitting right in front of him, that he's actively eating while he's complaining.
Screenshot-82

7 comments:

  1. Short chapter, but it's still nice :) Gwyn really should have the opportunity to do something for herself, so I like this idea of her having some alone time.

    And I absolutely loved your last outtake picture, even more the description you gave us ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I have several short chapters coming up just because the pictures don't fit together enough to make longer ones! I really liked the idea of Gwyn having her own little chapter.

      That last pic cracked me up. Sims are so weird.

      Delete
  2. Cute chapter! Nice and sweet. =)

    And yes, Sims can be so odd sometimes! (re: last outtakes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm kind of having fun posting these short, little, nothing-much-happens chapters!

      Delete
  3. Nothing wrong with short chapters. I think that short chapters often give you a chance to pay attention to your characters. Long chapters can sometimes just become summaries of events.

    Yay that Zeke and Gwyn are getting some time together. And another kid?? Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm almost hoping that they never manage to make a new baby, but I have to keep trying since they're both wishing for one and this is a wishacy. My next challenge is definitely going to have a cap on the number of kids that they're allowed to have!

      Delete
  4. BTW: Trixi on the treadmill was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete