13 March 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 22: Ariel

Life with 2 kids is a lot more hectic than I'd anticipated! Ariel seems to be a much more demanding child than Sebastian ever was, but she's got us all wrapped around her little finger.

Screenshot-28

Interestingly, Sebastian was so fascinated by Gwyn's pregnancy and Ariel's birth that he's decided to pursue a medical career! He's such a smart and independent boy that I can already see him as a world renowned surgeon! My boy!

Screenshot-25

I'm pleased that he's continuing his interest in the arts, too. It will be good for him to have a hobby so completely different from his career aspirations. (I know my hobbies are all related to my job and I sometimes wish I could get away from it all!)

Screenshot-29

My old friend, Maggie, had a party soon after Ariel was born. Gwyn suggested that I go on my own since I've been working so hard on my promotions and our family. She was right, of course, getting out on  my own recharged me and I was even able to catch up with my sister! I really wish that one would find someone who would be good to her.

Screenshot-32

Gwyn decided to register with City Hall as an independent gardener. She loves growing things and it will bring in a little extra money now that we have two kids to raise and educate! I'm glad she still lets me help her, though.

Screenshot-38

I'm also working on fixing things up around the house. I guess I really am a middle-aged family man!

Screenshot-40

Still, when your family is like this, who could blame me for cherishing this time in my life?

Screenshot-44

So Gwyn and I sleep when we get a chance.

Screenshot-34

We relax when we get a chance.

Screenshot-37

And we eat when we get a chance.

Screenshot-45

Of course, we're still exhausted and hungry most of the time. (Don't even get me started on how rare a shower is!) My inability to focus might be affecting my work.

Screenshot-52

Of course, the newborn phase is only temporary and before we knew it, it was time for Ariel's first birthday!

Screenshot-51

I really was at the party, but Gwyn wouldn't let me be in any of the pictures since I was still a little singed from the accident at the lab. Apparently, that wasn't the look she wanted for Ariel's baby book.

Screenshot-55

My girl grew into an adorable toddler with her mothers skin tone, my complexion and eyes, and my mother's hair!

Screenshot-60

This one might be trouble, though.

Screenshot-68

After the party, Bonni stayed late to read Sebastian a bedtime story. I love that they are developing such a great relationship!

Screenshot-65


**************
A/N: So Ariel is quite the mix of family looks! Sebastian has already decided on his LTW, which means I can start working on his skills... what are the skills for the medical track? I'll have to look that up. Things are very domestic around the Hodgins house these days. I haven't had a chance to mess with reinstalling story progression yet, but I'm hoping to get to that this weekend. Wish me luck!

Outtakes!

Maggie threw a party and then went to bed as soon as it started!
Screenshot-31

This would be a cute picture if Zeke had showered recently.
Screenshot-39

Kevin is mad that the furniture is in his way. Because it's not like ghosts can pass right through things or anything.
Screenshot-50

Jagger things Lorali is boring. He's such a jerk to his sisters!
Screenshot-53

Patience was randomly playing the bass in the garden during the party. Several guests decided to watch her instead of coming to see Ariel blowing out her candles.
Screenshot-56

Hard to tell, but this is Bonni relaxing in the hot tub. After Ariel's party, she just stayed and stayed. Even after the party ended, even after everyone went to bed! She didn't go home until after breakfast!
Screenshot-67

9 comments:

  1. All caught up! That was such a fun read! What a great family!

    Did you mention ariel's traits? Because she does look a little demonic in that picture! Haha

    I can see why you're having a hard time with the heir choice! They're both such good candidates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was kind of a creepy picture, too. But, no, Ariel's traits so far are athletic and eccentric. Then again, evil does run in the family!

      Delete
  2. Ariel is sooooo cute ♥ I definitely want to see how she grows up. And what other traits she'll have :D

    For the medical career you need logic. Once he has that job, he will start reading those thin medical books. And that's all I can remember :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured the logic would be important when he started wishing to play chess. I really love both of these kids. It's going to be hard deciding on an heir.

      Delete
  3. Woo. With Eccentric as a trait, Ariel could be a Ghost Hunter!

    She really did get the exotic looks in the family. And Eccentric is a fun trait that'll deal out wishes to invent, even if you don't get a wish to be a Ghost Hunter. Though Medical is an interesting career too.

    Now that I see Ariel the toddler, I'm totally torn on which I'd choose! Care to share Sebastian's traits? I don't think I know them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dur, DragonWife, did you comment on Chapter 4.9 on my blog? I got an email notification, but the blog swears the comment doesn't exist! So weird!

      Delete
    2. I totally commented on your blog this morning. I have no idea where my comment went. The internet is trying to kill me off!

      Sebastian's traits are genius and friendly. He rolled animal lover at his last birthday, but that seems to have disappeared so I'm going to add it back in on his next birthday. I want pets!

      I really don't know what to do about heir. I like them both so much! It's going to be a hard decision.

      Delete
  4. Might just have to come down to a coin-toss! Haha

    For the science career you'll also need gardening and fishing, I believe. Faith had the same LTW as Zeke, though she's been at the top for awhile so I forget. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep- handiness, gardening, and fishing... as far as I know. I had a major delay in getting from level 3 to level 4 of Zeke's science career. Still don't know what that was about!

      Seems like it might take awhile for Zeke to get to his LTW so I might put it up to an informal poll once the kids reach teens. Then again, I might not listen to y'all if I have a favorite by then!

      Delete