04 December 2012

Game issue update

Today, I decided to try fixing my game. My original problem is described here.

First, I updated my game.

Then, I got updated versions of my mods.

Then, I tried to play the game... and discovered that it won't even load my Hodgins game anymore! It wouldn't load my test Supernatural game or my trial ISBI, either. BUT it would load other games just fine.

I tried starting a new brand new game and that worked fine, as well.

Any ideas?

I think I'll have hubby help me try an uninstall/reinstall, maybe this weekend, but it just seems weird that only some of my games are affected! I'll have to do a google search, too.

I'm not giving up the Hodgins, though! Worst case, I'll reload them from the bin and re-establish as much of their relationships as I can. I'll take a hit on wishes, happiness points, and LTW progression, but at least I'll have them back!

In the meantime, the new game I started was a reboot of my ISBI game! (All the cool kids are doing it, you know!) I hadn't gotten beyond creating a character and buying a house when I first played it months ago, so it seemed ok to just restart it. If you're interested, you can find it here: It's a Wonder-full Life. Not much there yet, but I have a few chapters lined up! It probably won't be updated with any regularity, but I'll post there as I get a chance to play. Assuming that game doesn't go off the rails, too!


8 comments:

  1. Yay, another ISBI *runs over to read*
    And why is it that one of us always HAS to has troubles with the game? *sigh* Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix that, but I wish you the best of luck! *leaves cookies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm... cookies!

      Sounds like Susan's having trouble with her game, too, so I should be off the hook. Alas, my game is trying to kill me instead.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about all your computer issues! I hope it gets worked out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! A new ISBI for me to read and enjoy! As soon as I've caught up with these posts, I'll be sure to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ISBI is so much fun! And that game is working, so I get to update it...

      Delete
  4. I'll have to check it out once I get caught up with the Hodgins! I like reading ISBI's, but if I ever tried one I would fail it as soon as the first plumbob went orange! **is not ashamed of being a Control Freak** :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of crazy running an ISBI, but it's kind of freeing too! It's really hard not to try and fix everyone into green..

      Delete