31 December 2012

Gen 4 Chapter 24: What just happened here?

You remember how I was losing time, just a little? Well it happened again.

Only in a much bigger way!

I guess Dad's job in Lunar Lakes ended or something. Or maybe they thought he was too senile to continue working on his super secret projects. I don't really blame them.

But, as suddenly as we moved there, we were moved out. We didn't even get a chance to pack!

And now we live someplace called Appaloosa Plains. It's not nearly as interesting or exotic as Lunar Lakes, so I'm not sure how well I'll fit in. But sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

You know?

Screenshot

This is our house. It has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The bedrooms come in handy since, for some reason, Blu lives with us now too. Not that I'm complaining, I just thought that it would have been my idea for him to move in!

Screenshot-2

I think the second floor bedroom should be mine. It has its own sitting area and its own bathroom. I've claimed it. It's pretty boring, though, so I might redecorate it someday.

Screenshot-3

As soon as we moved in, the rest of us went to check out the new place. But Puzzle and Sebastian decided to get back their spark.

Screenshot-9

I've been saying that Blu needed to work out with me, since I look good while working out, so we went to check out the new exercise equipment that came with the house.

I do look good while I'm working out, but I think Blu might look even better!

Screenshot-13

Meanwhile, Puzzle tried to move his relationship to a whole new level!

Screenshot-19

But I guess Sebastian wasn't quite ready for that level of commitment. Poor Puzzle.

(A/N- It was here that I realized that the relationship levels were messed up in my romantic couples, too. I'm guessing it was left over from the glitch where they were unable to interact at all, but all three couples had reset to 0! I fixed that.)

Screenshot-20

You know, I love looking at Blu. Even when we're both all stinky.

Screenshot-22

I guess he doesn't mind the cloud of stink, either! It's like we were meant to be.

Screenshot-24

Happy New Year!

******
A/N: So I tried all of the resets in Lunar Lakes that I could manage, but the game still crashed as soon as I tried to do anything. So I added Blu to the family and moved them all to the bin. I left behind everything, which was kind of sad... I'm going to miss the ghosts! But once I started a new game in Appaloosa Plains, everything seems to be going pretty smoothly. Well, after I realized that all of my romantic relationships had been nuked. Friendships and family relationships are intact, so I don't know why the romances took a hit. All is well, though. I reestablished everyone's relationships and boosted the levels to where they'd been. I also changed Blu and Elphie from romantic to best friends. Because that was just wrong. Blu's traits are Brave, Loner, Loves Outdoors, Athletic, and Angler. I forgot to write down what his LTW is, but he's employed as a Minor Leager.

Outtakes

Gwyn loves Yetis.
Screenshot-5

The cats had a little trouble with the move, but they settled down nicely.
Screenshot-6

Blu decides that being stinky might not be as much fun as Ariel tried to make it.
Screenshot-25

So he took a shower. And both Gwyn and Ariel watched. I guess the appreciation of Blu runs in the family!
Screenshot-26

Gwyn really likes Yetis.
Screenshot-27

There are enough beds for everyone, yet Sebastian, Puzzle, and Nemo all decided to sleep in the kitchen.
Screenshot-28



12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to do something that extreme, but I'm so glad the Hodginses seem to be all right. Maybe they can return to Lunar Lakes someday. None of the locals have actually shown up in your story very much.

    It's good to see Sebastian and Puzzle going strong again. Did Puzzle wish to propose? Sorry THAT happened while their relationships were so screwed up.

    It will be nice to see more of Blu.

    The pic of the ladies watching Blu shower was hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puzzle wished to propose just before everything glitched, so I kept that wish in mind even after the move when all of the wishes reset. Apparently, I just used it too soon. I suspect that it won't be long before they want to try that again. Puzzle definitely is the marrying kind.

      I'd like to return to Lunar Lakes in the future. I thought about starting them just in a new game there, but it seemed like that would be a little too weird. The same but different rather than different all around! Ariel would have been even more confused.

      It cracked me up that Gwyn was in there watching Blu shower! Ariel was waiting for her turn to shower, but Gwyn was just visiting!

      Delete
    2. Also, I'm sure that there might have been a way to fix the game in Lunar Lakes, but I just wanted to get them playable again! With Ariel's LTW being cat rescuer (or whatever) it's pretty easy to start over. If it had been an employment-based LTW, I probably would have worked a little harder... seems like moving could mess those up a bit more.

      Delete
  2. Yay, Appaloosa Plains! :D Of course, I'm sorry that there was no other way, but I love this town and I think Ariel will fit in there - especially with all the animals around.

    Her description of the situation made me laugh really hard - I'm glad I didn't drink anything while reading. It totally fits her that everything just happened without her really noticing. You really make us feel her character!

    Poor Puzzle, by the way. That rejection sucks. But I'm glad you got those troubles figured out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to play in Appaloosa Plains, so it works out. I hope Ariel likes it! She really was the only sim who could make this abrupt change in scenery work.

      Puzzle didn't seem to upset about it, but I think he'll have more luck the next time he asks!

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see her interact more with the people (and animals) around her! :) Talking about neighborhoods, when surfing around the internet, I saw an offer for Supernatural...and couldn't resist. I think I'm in love with at least five families in Moonlight Falls already. And with fairies. :)

      Delete
    3. I love Moonlight Falls. I seriously considered moving the Hodgins there, but figured having Diana there was probably enough. I probably wouldn't be able to keep them straight if they were both in the same town!

      Delete
    4. Although it would be interesting to see how they interact with the same families in their individual ways... :D

      Delete
  3. Bad Puzzle, no cookie! Hope Sebastian has better luck next time.

    To be honest, I really don't blame Gwyn and Ariel for spying on Blu in the shower ... He is one finely pixelated sim ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really hope the guys can get it together!

      There is a lot to appreciate with Blu... but Gwyn should not be checking out her potential son-in-law!

      Delete
  4. Moving to a new town, even when under less than ideal circumstances, is always a little fun. I hope appaloosa works out for you. I bet Ariel will have more success with Blu now that he lives there! (hopefully...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, everyone likes Appaloosa. You can't really tell, but in that first picture all of the heterosexual men are appreciating the neighbors.

      I hope Ariel and Blu figure things out, but I'm prepared to step in and use my "free 24 sim hours" to make it happen if they don't!

      Delete