08 December 2012

Gen 4 Chapter 20: And we're back!

You know, I know that I'm not always the most "with it" person, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been that confused lately. It does seem like I've been losing time lately, like my world was just stalled out or something.

So imagine my surprise when Dad was suddenly having a party! And Sebastian and Puzzle were less together.

And I have no idea what's going on with me and Blu.

Sebastian was trying to get Puzzle's attention, but Puzzle thought he was creepy all of a sudden. I hope they can get it back together.

Screenshot

Nemo was making friends with Kara. She seemed to like him. I just wish I knew where she came from...

Screenshot-5

But Puzzle seems to be a little more receptive now. It's like we're all in some weird time warp.

Screenshot-7

I discovered that Blu came to Dad's party, so I headed down stairs to talk to him, maybe even kiss him. But he left just as I approached him. I wonder why it took so long to get down the stairs.

Still, I think I love him.

Screenshot-9

After the party, Dad did the dishes! I'll bet he's trying to get on Mom's good side.

Speaking of Mom, I wonder what she's up to...

Screenshot-11

Since it's been hours, maybe even weeks, since I ate, I thought I should have some food. Mom makes the best veggie rolls.

Screenshot-15

I guess Nemo's friend left.

Screenshot-18

Oops! Guess he should have taken a nap, like Mittens! Cats are so much smarter than people.

Screenshot-19

Then everyone got sad about the cats. I don't know why, the cats were fine.

Screenshot-24

Hey! There's mom. She's hanging out in Sebastian's room. I wonder what she's so smug about.

Screenshot-31

Oh. So she's been flirting with the maid? What is wrong with my parents!?

Screenshot-60

***********
A/N: I fired up my game this morning to try and figure out how to fix my problem, and it... loaded just fine. I don't quite get it, but maybe restarting the computer after messing with my mods fixed the problem. That still doesn't explain why some of the games loaded and some didn't, but I'm going to go with it. We started up in the middle of a party that I remember Zeke planning, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't to the party part yet. And some of the characters aren't acting exactly like they should (like Puzzle and Sebastian are "old friends" instead of romantic right now) so I'm going to turn off aging until I get that sorted. Plus, I had a super bad lag that resulted in people passing out and peeing all over the place... and this isn't even an ISBI! Then, everyone started getting upset about the cats even though the cats were all in the green. And then all of the cats' icons disappeared! But the cats were still fine and on the lot! I have no idea. I figured that on restart was good so two might be even better... and that seems to have cleared up the lag. I have hope that things will be back to normal soon.


Outtakes!

Random party creeper watching Gwyn. He lurked in the corner for a long time before running off.
Screenshot-12


Random horses hanging around the neighbors house. I thought the two waiting at the door was kind of funny.
Screenshot-13

Puzzle is trying to shoo Sebastian out of the bathroom, but he is blocking the door. Sebastian isn't taking kindly to that!
Screenshot-14

Nice domestic scene... until you notice the reflection of creeper Zeke.
Screenshot-16


Oh no! I'm so tired and there's nowhere to sleep!
Screenshot-21


Really Nemo, this is not a ISBI. Pee and sleep when I tell you to!
Screenshot-23

10 comments:

  1. What is that thought bubble with the sad teddy bear all about? (Zeke's having it)
    Your sims are just sooo weird. :D I love watching them and I love Ariel telling what is going on. Hopefully Sebastian and Puzzle can figure out what is going wrong between them - they are such a great couple! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the sad teddy bear has something to do with neglect. But the cats weren't neglected so I have no idea why everyone was throwing up the sad bear thought bubble. It was all very weird.

      I'm hoping I can get Sebastian and Puzzle sorted back out. They were having such a good time there for awhile!

      Delete
    2. I usually get the sad teddy when the social worker comes go get my pets (I'm terrible with pets, so this has happened to me at least twice now.) Your game clearly has a mind of its own. :-p

      Delete
    3. My game has clearly lost what little mind it had!!!

      Delete
  2. Ariel was the perfect sim to narrate this post. I think it's funny that you wrote a post about lag. Hahaha!

    Is the crying teddy bear about pets running away or dying?

    I'm afraid to update about my game issues because I actually got the Samples to load and even played for a tiny bit and was able to save. I'm still experimenting right now. I don't want to say we're out of the woods.

    I think the problem may be ultimately that my computer doesn't have the chops to handle the three expansions I installed, plus my Cyber Monday custom content spending spree (did you see all the stuff at 90% off??) So we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very handy that Ariel wondering where the time went fit into her story!

      The crying teddy bear just said "neglected" so it probably covers running away or being repo'd by a social worker. Since nothing actually happened to the cats, I couldn't tell you for sure.

      I hope the Samples are working, but I won't say that too loudly just in case. Wouldn't want to jinx anything.

      I missed out on the Cyber Monday custom content sale (no internet on the Sims box until later that week). That sucks! Maybe they'll do it again...

      Delete
  3. Yay! You're back! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Things are still a little flaky, but at least I can play!

      Delete
  4. Your game really is not playing fair lately isn't it? :(

    I really love your elders, but someone should tell Gwyn that two wrongs don't make a right, and she shouldn't flirt with a much younger man because her husband did!! Funny though! I really hope Puzzle and Sebastian get their act back together as I love their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love Sebastian and Puzzle. I'm going to have to force the situation.

      Also, Gwyn doesn't even seem to know about Zeke and Puzzle. And now Zeke doesn't know about Gwyn and the maid. The elders of this generation are crazy!

      Delete