26 February 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 20: Why can't I get promoted?

Gwyn has been acting sick again.

Screenshot-82

And again.

Screenshot-84

But at least this time, I know what's going on! I'm thrilled that there's a new little one on the way as I've been secretly wishing for a little girl. (a/n: nice maternity wear Gwyn)

Screenshot-86

The impending new arrival wasn't our only exciting news, though... it was time for another birthday party! Yes, my son was ready to leave his toddler years behind him. Gwyn and I both got some extra snuggle time with him before he grew too big for such nonsense.

Screenshot-88

We invited our friends and family over, of course. I was extremely surprised when I walked into my bedroom to see Jagger and my dear friend Maggie hanging out together! They spent the whole party deep in conversation, about what I can't imagine. I wonder if I should warn her that he's crazy and evil.

Screenshot-91

We also had a party crasher! I have no idea why this strange woman would want to come to a toddler's birthday party, but Gwyn made sure that she felt welcome. My wife is pretty amazing.

Screenshot-92

The birthday boy was very excited to blow out his candles, but once again the rest of the guests were too busy chatting amongst themselves to be bothered to watch. (I can't say much, though, I didn't actually make it in time, either.)

Screenshot-94

Make a wish, big guy!

Screenshot-96

He's a handsome boy, isn't he?

Screenshot-98

Gwyn and I bought him an easel for his birthday and Sebastian took right to it, before the party was even over! Maybe he'll be an artist like Mom and Grandma. It'd be kind of nice to have an artist around again, considering how practical Gwyn and I tend to be.

Screenshot-99

Gwyn was exhausted after all of the festivities and I had to get up early for work, so I'm afraid we left Sebastian to his own devices for dinner. I don't think he minded too much, though, and he was responsible enough to get to bed at a reasonable time.

Screenshot-100

*************
A/N: Sebastian seems to have Kevin's hair color since I don't see any blue in it at all. He's pretty cute, even without the blue though! Still no promotion for Zeke. At this rate, Generation 3 will go on forever! I hope things start happening soon, since I'd hate for the wishacy to end because I can't get Zeke promoted fast enough to make his LTW before he dies!

Outtakes!

What am I supposed to do with this?
Screenshot-61

Shoot for the stars, kid!
Screenshot-63

One night, Gwyn and Zeke went to bed and left Sebastian playing on the floor behind the furniture. He was actually happy enough to hang out there until Zeke got up for work and put him to bed. This kid is so easy!
Screenshot-64

Enjoying the hot tub, Kev?
Screenshot-83

It took me awhile to figure out why the party crasher was so familiar... it's Neli's old partner Letitia, from way back when she first started on the police force!
Screenshot-89

Bonni hates Jagger. Most everyone agrees with her.
Screenshot-90

8 comments:

  1. I totally forgot which career he is in at the moment, sorry... but if he has a boss, you could always try to let him talk to him and ask for a promotion. If a promotion is a wish of his, that should be allowed.

    And Sebastian is reaaaally gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's in science and his LTW is to be a creature/robot crossbreeder. I'll have to try and track down his boss because this is getting annoying! He hasn't been promoted since way back before he met Gwyn, I think!

      Delete
    2. You're kidding! I left Jared Frio to be controlled by the game back in my Gen 1, and he was promoted faster than that. It's hard to believe it's not a glitch, especially if he has smileys on all his job requirements. He ought to progress even with a blah mood, just not as fast.

      I know that Science has a "Do Independent Experiment" tone. If you do that for a certain number of work days, then the experiment produces results, and something happens. Every time Zahra has tried this, she got a promotion when the experiment completed. I would guess, however, that there might be a chance of having a bad result.

      Delete
  2. Sebastian is pretty adorable, even if he missed the blue skin. Gwyn's eyes in the dark complexion are striking. And another baby on the way! Woot!

    That's, um, an impressive amount of pee for one toddler! If I were Zeke, I would be pretty floored too!

    Sympathy about the promotion! I've never tried going and asking my boss for a promotion directly. That's a good idea.

    Fabian has two more promotions to reach his LTW, and his advancement has slowed to a crawl because he never has enough reports. He never has enough reports because the game keeps forgetting that he's interviewed people in between the questioning session and writing the report. He's questioned about twice as many people as he's reported on at this point. But of course that's Law Enforcement and has nothing to do with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of love Sebastian. He's such a good kid and cute, too!

      Poor Fabian! The game is out to get him and he can't keep his flirting to himself...

      Delete
    2. Well, we'll see how the girl-to-be turns out, but Sebastian's got the blue skin in his gene pool. He could produce blue-skinned kids in the next generation!

      Fabian does have a hard life when you put it that way :). Nothing is his fault!

      Delete
  3. Haha I can't believe the size of the "accident."

    I hate it when the guests won't gather around to watch the candles blown out. I even hate it more when they all decide it's time to leave immediately after they are blown out.

    I hope Zeke gets promotes asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really amazing "accident" since neither of them thought to empty the potty while training Sebastian. And then the kid wouldn't move so Zeke could clean it!

      I really wish there was a "call to party" option like there is when you cook a meal and can call everyone to dinner.

      Delete