24 February 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 19: Toddler time

I can't believe it's already time for Sebastian to have his first birthday! I have to admit, I'm a little bit worried about trying to teach him everything he needs to know as he grows up... can't he just stay a sweet, little baby?

Gwyn wanted to have a big party with all of our friends and family, but we had to pick and choose our guests considering Sebastian has 10 aunts and uncles! We made a point to fit Patience in, even though she's not technically a family member. Jagger is still pretty hung up on her and I think she'd be a good influence on him. Not that I would try to push them into anything...

Screenshot-34

Gwyn brought Sebastian to his cake while our guests enjoyed visiting. It was so nice to see everyone that I think the birthday boy might have been upstaged a little!

Screenshot-38

Our little guy grew into a very handsome, very bald toddler. He definitely has his mother's eyes and my complexion, though!

Screenshot-47

After the excitement of the party, I spent the rest of the weekend sprucing up the garden. I figured Gwyn might not have as much time for it now that she will spend her days keeping up with a toddler. With any luck, this will help me with my elusive promotion too.

Screenshot-48

Meanwhile, Gwyn decided to get right to work teaching Sebastian to walk. She told me that she thought it would be good for him to be able to keep up with us! I think I'm still going to miss the days when he would stay wherever we put him.

Screenshot-51

Luckily, he seems to be just as happy and content as he was as a baby! I might be spoiled for any future children by just how undemanding my son is.

Screenshot-54

I'm grateful, it gives me the opportunity to work in the garden or go fishing without worrying that I'm neglecting him.

Screenshot-58

His extremely predictable sleeping schedule also means that I get to reconnect with Gwyn.

Screenshot-72

Even if I still don't understand why she does some of the things she does.

Screenshot-73

And I really enjoy my quality time with my boy.

Screenshot-81

**********
A/N: Not much going on in this chapter, other than the birthday party. Zeke is still not getting his promotion and I can't figure out why. I just can't seem to get his work meter high enough even though everything is green! I had a serious lag problem with the birthday party and it took almost 10 Sim hours to get through it, but that seems to have resolved itself. Sebastian rolled "animal lover" as his new trait so I'm hopeful that we might finally get a pet into the house!

Outtakes!

Patience and Jagger got really close during the party.
Screenshot-31

An interesting traffic jam- Jagger and Lorali, with Patience's arm through a plate that's stuck to Lorali's hand. Jagger is not impressed.
Screenshot-33

The party started at 1pm and it was way after dark before Sebastian actually made it to toddler!
Screenshot-44

Interesting parenting, leaving the toddler outside in the middle of the night with a bottle and a ghostly grandfather.
Screenshot-45

Maybe it's time to potty train Sebastian?
Screenshot-56

11 comments:

  1. So we still don't know whose hair he got? Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't believe he's bald! Judging by his eyebrows, though, it looks like it's going to be dark hair... and he's totally not blue.

      Delete
  2. BTW: The lag sounds dreadful! I'm glad to hear that you think it has cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Sebastian is really cute! But it's killing me that there still is no definite hair colour. Although it kind of looks dark. Who had black hair in the past?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both VJ and Kevin had black hair so it must be from one of them...

      Delete
  4. But didn't have VJ more blue hair ?And weren't his eyebrows blue also? I have to re-read your chapters :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I went back and check. VJ's (and Neli's) hair was definitely blue at the roots and the ends with blue highlights, but there was black in the middle there. And their eyebrows look pretty dark. So we'll have to wait and see what Sebastian grows at his next birthday to see which side of the family he gets his hair from.

      I need to do one of those family tree things, it'd be much easier to check on traits!

      Delete
  5. Hmm... Gorging on watermelon?? =)

    Sebastian is freaking adorable!! Even with dark hair, those eyes are enough to keep him unique looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love Sebastian. Even without the blue skin.

      Delete
  6. You shameless tease! Bald? Argh! :)

    Wonder why he's not getting his promo's? Is he friends with his boss? Maybe Zeke needs to do some brown-nosing. Although I can say from experience that sometimes it doesn't work... :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bald is beautiful! Also, it's fun to be surprised... right?

      Ahh, I have no idea about the promotions. No good reason, from what I remember!

      Delete