15 February 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 17: Oh. Baby.

I didn't know it yet, but my life was about to change.

Screenshot-70

When I got home from work that day, Gwyn was out in the garden. It didn't look like she'd made it to work, so I assumed she still wasn't feeling well. I jumped right in to help without even changing my clothes. When we were finished, Gwyn said that we "needed to talk".

Screenshot-71

Before I could get too worried about what was going on ("we need to talk" is generally a very bad thing!), Gwyn let me in on her big secret. She knew why she'd been so sick... she was pregnant! We'd talked about having kids, of course, and I knew it was in our future. But the reality of it threw me for a little loop. Still, I'm thrilled and excited! (And scared and worried and terrified and unprepared.)

Screenshot-73

I'm also very happy that Gwyn seems to be over the sick part of her pregnancy. She's hungry all the time and is usually in the kitchen long after I've gone to bed.

Screenshot-74

And then she sleeps half of the day! (She's cute pregnant, though, isn't she?)

Screenshot-78

It wasn't long before she woke me up in the middle of the night to let me know that it was "time"! I've never been through this before! What do I do?! Where do I go?! What's going on?! (I officially take back every remark I made about my Dad when he panicked during Mom's labor... it's terrifying!)

Screenshot-79

Luckily, Gwyn took matters into her own hands and got us into the car and off to the hospital.

Screenshot-82

And just a few hours later, we were headed home with a new baby. Meet Sebastian, my son!

Screenshot-84

He's perfect. And Gwyn is a natural taking care of him. She's a fantastic mother and makes it look so easy. I guess she had a lot of practice with her nephew, which is going to come in handy now!

Screenshot-85

Me? I might still be in shock a little. Everything has been happening so fast! All good things, but still big things! It wasn't long ago that I was living in a house with my siblings and my Mom, dateless and nerdy. And yet here I am, a married man with a new son! A family man! It's crazy.

Screenshot-86

I wouldn't change a thing, though... look at these two!

Screenshot-88

My life is just about as perfect as it could get.

Screenshot-90

**************
A/N: An heir! Yay! Sebastian is pretty cute, though he doesn't look very blue... I may have to rethink my "first born" heir policy if I want to keep the blue going!

Outtakes!

"I'm pregnant!" "Does this mean I don't get a new computer?"
Screenshot-72

A cute stray dog sleeping on the porch. I wish someone would wish for a Pet already!
Screenshot-75

Gwyn has unusual maternity wear. It cracked me up watching her do the pregnant waddle in a bikini with a flat stomach!
Screenshot-76

Where do you keep a cell phone in that thing, Gwyn?
Screenshot-77

Zeke panicked for a long time about the baby coming. Gwyn spent the time ticked off that he wouldn't move so she could make the bed before she had the baby.
Screenshot-80

Zeke was apparently so tired from being up all night at the hospital and then working all day that he couldn't even make it up the stairs to the bed!
Screenshot-89

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, it's a boy! That is so cute. What are his traits? I am sooo curious to see what he looks like when he is a little older - despite him really not looking blue. Too bad! Maybe their second child will be more...well, blue. :)

    And I LOVED your outtakes, they are always so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee! Generation five! Sebastian is a lovely name.

    He might still have blue hair :). And I think Gwyn has unusual eyes too, right?

    But I agree. My heir policy has always been, "Whichever you want." Which so far for me has always been the first born, but could change at any time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Sebastian's pretty adorable! I'm pretty sure he has Gwyn's eyes. So far, he's the easiest baby ever too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW: Where'd you get that bikini that Gwyn was wearing as maternity wear? It looks like it was miscategorized, which is why she didn't get a belly when she was wearing it. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that bikini must have come with Gwyn from the exchange because it's not something that I would have picked up on my own! It was pretty funny maternity wear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have/had that bikini as well! Actually can't remember where I got it, but it probably was from the store. My sims were able to wear it all the time, for swimming, when working out, when going to the fancy restaurant et cetera.
    It is pretty though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very pretty, but I was very surprised when it showed up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, baby! I like the name Sebastian, and I hope he has the blue hair. So funny when sims do the waddle for an invisible belly.

    I've liked being able to hear Zeke go from teenager to responsible adult. Don't we all feel a little silly when we realize just how 'childish' we sounded as teens.

    Loving this, <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zeke's voice aged really well. It was kind of fun starting him as a slightly-emo teenager and turning him into a family man and responsible adult.

      Delete