03 January 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 7: OblaDi

I still can't believe that Dad's gone! It feels as if months have gone by and, yet, it's only been a couple of days. I think about him all the time. I've tried to keep up with the activities that usually give me serenity, but he's always on my mind.

Screenshot-4

I worry about Mom even more, though. She was practically destroyed by his death! She has this far away stare thing that she does now and I know she's thinking about Dad. She cries all of the time.

Screenshot-7

The only one who seems mostly unaffected is Jagger. I swear, sometimes I don't get that kid at all.

Screenshot-13

I was thrilled when Mom went back to painting the other day. I had hoped that it would bring her peace.

Screenshot-20

But then she started acting completely out of her mind. We'd finally gotten rid of the evil butler and Mom went and hired a new one! So far, Wendy doesn't seem to be out to destroy us, but I'm still not sure what Mom was thinking taking the risk again!

Screenshot-21

Then I found her running around in the garden. Playing in the sprinklers. In the middle of the night. In her nightgown.

Screenshot-37

Eventually, she passed out on the floor of the cottage, but I don't really know what to do with her. What if her sanity never returns?

Screenshot-41

Then again, we all handle grief differently, right? The girls have been throwing themselves into their work at the lab, keeping themselves busy and mostly trying not to think too hard. I couldn't even really celebrate my latest promotion...

Screenshot-24

And Jagger has taken up vandalism and skipping school. I'm kind of glad that Dad didn't live to see the man that I think Jagger is becoming! I wish that I could count on Mom to take care of it, but I suppose he's my responsibility.

Screenshot-44

Not that he listens to me, anyway. I spent over an hour trying to talk to him yesterday and he refused to even open the door! There is no way that I was this bad when I was a teenager.

Screenshot-33

I decided that it was time for the rest of us to get out of the house. We all needed a break from the memories and teen drama. We took a nice trip to the park. Mom and I played some music, Bonni danced, Lorali played chess... it was so completely normal!

Screenshot-29

I ran into one of my good friends from work, Maggie. She was nice enough to stay out late listening to my problems and giving me advice about how to handle things. She's happily married so there's no pressure to impress her or be a certain way, I can be myself and tell her anything.

Screenshot-45

Maggie always makes my feel better.

Screenshot-47

In fact, I felt so much better after our talk that I decided to skip going home altogether! Surely they can handle an evening by themselves and I've been exhausted trying to take care of everyone and everything!

Screenshot-48

The next morning, I felt totally refreshed! I really didn't want to go home and lose the feeling, so I headed off to the pool to take a quick shower before grabbing some breakfast at the diner. There, I met a girl! Her name is Gwynesy and she and her sisters just moved into town. I've seen them around (they kind of stand out), but never really talked to them before.

Screenshot-55

I was having so much fun, that I completely missed Mom's birthday! I think she'll forgive me, though. She's the one who keeps worrying that I'm not getting out enough!

Screenshot-61

*****************
A/N: So that was a much longer break than I was anticipating taking... but I think I'm back to it now. I should have everything figured out, more or less.

I really did forget half of what happened the last time I played, it's been so long! Zeke rolled a couple of social wishes, though, so there's hope for the next generation! I think he also got 2 promotions, but I can't remember the order of things.


Outtakes!


Neli's "ugly cry":
Screenshot-9


Jagger isn't all bad, is he?
Screenshot-26


Bonni passed out at work. Grief is annoying.
Screenshot-42


Lorali passed out just as she got home. It's been rough around here!
Screenshot-43


Nice to see Kevin up and about! He always did like the bathroom.
Screenshot-49

4 comments:

  1. Yay, the next chapter! I'm glad if everything is working again.

    Poor Zeke. Really. It must be hard to be around a family who acts as strangely as his...especially Jagger seems to be a big challenge! Hopefully he will soon find someone to take away part of his burdens and give him some love...

    I really loved this chapter. And the pictures were amazing! The one where Jagger "wouldn't open the door" was hilarious.

    And yay for a new butler! Just kidding. Hopefully the house stays "safe" with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zeke really does seem to be the only really responsible one in the house right now! I hope his social wishes work out and give him some fun in his life.

    Jagger not opening the door was hilarious. Zeke stood there wanting to scold him for the longest time and Jagger wouldn't move so that he could get in the room. Eventually, "scold" went away and they both moved on with their days. Sims are so weird!

    I don't trust butlers, but this one isn't trying to kill them. Yet, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back and reading too! I also ended up taking a longer break than expected.

    I thought it was funny that Zeke decided to sleep in the park. And who are Gwenesy and her sister? Are they from somebody else's game? I don't think I've seen the Sims randomly generate someone with blue skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan! So glad that you're getting back into it, too! I miss my "stories"!

    I can't remember where I picked up Gwynesy and her sister... somewhere on the exchange. It was way back before I had any idea of how to add people to my story, though. I'm kind of hoping for Sims with blue skin and orange hair, but so far they're not interested in making babies.

    ReplyDelete