24 January 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 11: Grow up already!

I have been completely distracted by Gwyn and, as much as I love the distraction, it was causing a few problems at home.

Ok, one problem. And that problem's name is Jagger.

Not only was he still skipping school and ignoring his homework, he was starting to be a bad influence on his friends! Patience, in particular. I actually thought she was more level-headed than that, but Jagger has apparently been convincing her to skip school with him!

Screenshot-3

Yelling at him has done nothing to change his behavior. Time outs don't work. I'm not sure why he hasn't been grounded yet, maybe I'm waiting for Mom to step up and discipline him. Not that I think it will do any good, I'm pretty sure Jagger is a lost cause.

Screenshot-43

Then again, he did actually sit down and do his homework after I yelled at him this time.

Screenshot-25

And he went to school!

Screenshot-35

Or at least he got on the bus long enough for me to think that he was going to school. Then he came back home and bought ice cream while the rest of us were at work.

Screenshot-32

And so the cycle continues.

Screenshot-47

The next morning, the four of us "kids" sat down to breakfast together. I'd recruited the girls to try and reason with Jagger since I'd been doing so much yelling that I was pretty sure he wasn't listening to me anymore. Lorali lasted longer than Bonni, trying to appeal to Jagger's conscience (I'm not sure he has one, but whatever!).

Screenshot-34

Mom tried a different approach... she invited her new friend, Sean, over to talk about Jagger's problem. Maybe she thought Sean would have some insight that we didn't, considering he tended more toward the dark side, too. If she got any good advice, she didn't share it with me.

Screenshot-36

Either way, I worried that we were ganging up on Jagger a little bit so I let him off of the hook (yes, again, I'm not sure why I keep doing it either). I told him that we had a clean slate. No one was going to hold his past behavior against him and he could start fresh.

Screenshot-52

And then he passed out on the floor.

Screenshot-102

And then he dyed his hair. So much for a new start.

Screenshot-67

*****************

A/N: Jagger's teenage years seem to be going on forever! It finally occurred to me to check my settings and I discovered that aging had been turned off! I think Hubby did it when he was installing and testing Ambitions and Pets, but I'm not sure. Either way, Jagger is finally aging again and we should eventually get out of the teen years.


Outtakes!

Another traffic jam at the top of the stairs.
Screenshot-82

Bonni has started letting her coworkers experiment on her!
Screenshot-45


Weird butler managed to get herself stuck on a 2nd story ledge. There are no doors to that ledge and I have no idea how she managed to get out there! I also have no idea how long she was out there before I figured out that she was stuck! I had to install a door in the wall and move some furniture to get her back inside. Butlers are so weird.
Screenshot-117

13 comments:

  1. I love all of this drama with Jagger! But good grief, I would be really annoyed to find out I'd been playing with aging off! Legacies take enough time as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Jagger's been great for story and drama. Still, I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed that he was a teenager for way too long! I guess it gave me time to work on Zeke's relationship, though.

    But several chapters of no aging? Bad for legacy/wishacy progression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jagger really is a difficult person. Poor Zeke, trying to deal with him and repeatedly failing.... still, this is great legacy material :D
    And I love to see characters like Patience or Sean appear in your legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see other people's sims wandering about, but even more fun when my sims actually want to interact with them! Neli has taken quite a liking to Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh. I have all your sims loaded in my game, and I don't think any of them have ever interacted with any of mine. Ah, well. They're generating funny stories, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, I did that once, I switched towns and forgot to turn aging on for a week or so. Real time week, not sim time. ;) I liked the 'intervention' they tried to do, but I don't have high hopes for it helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, having the aging off without realizing it... that's a special kind of purgatory!

      Delete
  7. Is that Sean Flynn?? Ha! So strange -- but neat -- to see him here after seeing him with Forest in Susan's Legacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! Since Sean's a vampire in my game, he's been around for a good three generations. I often wonder what CourtneyHelen, Sean's creator, would have thought of how he turned out in my game.

      Delete
  8. Slow me didn't even realize he came from another legacy...and I'm guessing CourtneyHelen is another MIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a household from her legacy in the middle of Zahra's generation, and I think she was gone shortly after that.

      In her household were the twins Viola and Velvet Sharpe, Sean Flynn, and a male-male married couple whose names I've forgotten. Viola was the heir, and she eventually married Sean. He's Evil and Friendly, and interesting combination.

      Delete
    2. To be clear, in the Sharpe Wishacy, heir Viola Sharpe married her roommate Sean Flynn. They had three kids who were taken by the social worker. Then creator CourtneyHelen disappeared from simblogging.

      In the Samples, Viola married Israel Bauer, son of Layla's boss and flirtmate Antonio Bauer. Sean Flynn became a vampire and is still around. Obviously :).

      Delete
  9. Wow. I feel like I need to read this blog....like I need more good legacies to read. -_-

    Funny you should mention that Sean's Evil and Friendly; I'd been meaning to see if that was possible and how it would turn out...

    ReplyDelete