17 January 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 10: Be mine

Gwyn has a boyfriend. I didn't know what to say to that, so I just let her go home. As much as I was starting to fall for her, I didn't know how to stop her from leaving after a bombshell like that. So what I did something that has always helped me figure things out in the past. I went to talk to my good friend Maggie.

Screenshot-21

She told me that I have to decide for myself how much Gwyn means to me. She told me that I should definitely pursue the relationship, no matter what, if I was truly falling in love with Gwyn. She told me that I'd regret it if I didn't. And she told me not to mess up someone's life if I wasn't serious about it.

As an added bonus, I got to meet Maggie's son, Zane! He's adorable and I think he liked me.

Screenshot-22

I thought a lot about what Maggie told me. Did it matter to me that Gwyn was involved with Sal? Did I really want to break up their relationship? Could I really see myself settling down with Gwyn? Was I falling in love with her? How had I become the "other man"?

But I think I love her. I mean, my experience is limited but all I want to do is be with her all the time. When I'm not with her, I think about the next time I see her. When I am with her, I think about ways to make our time together as great as possible. So, yeah. I think I'm in love. I want her to pick me. I want her to break up with Sal. I wanted her to be MY girlfriend.

So I invited her to the beach to talk. She explained that she'd been with Sal far longer than she should have been. They'd been living separate lives for months (as evidenced by all the time she'd spent with me!) and she just hadn't had incentive to break up with him before.

Screenshot-5

I asked her what she wanted. Me or him? Would she break up with Sal for me? And she did! She picked me! I fear that I've made an enemy of Sal, but she is more than worth it.

Screenshot-7


And that's how Gwyn became my girlfriend. 

Screenshot-11

I even invited her over to meet the family. Mom was thrilled, of course, as she has wanted me to settle down for a while now. She and Gwyn seemed to hit it off pretty well, though, and spent a lot of time chatting. I'm hoping that Mom's SuperSpy status and Gwyn's military service will give them enough in common so that I'm not a constant topic of conversation.

Screenshot-18

I've seen Gwyn pretty much every day this week. I decided to take her back to the place we met one evening. She loves the water and I love to see her happy. I also love it when she shows her appreciation.

Screenshot-55

The pool at night is a great way to get to know each other... and things get very interesting at night.

Let's just say that I didn't regret forgetting my swim suit one bit!

Screenshot-100

It was such a great time that we decided to visit the pool again a couple of days later. This time, we watched the stars instead of taking a dip. Though that might have had something to do with all of the people around!

Screenshot-94

Honestly, as long as we're together I don't really care what we do.

Screenshot-91

*************

A/N: Zeke kept wishing to see Gwyn and date her. I finally had him ask her to break up with Sal so that they could move on. Once that was done, he immediately wished to ask her to be his girlfriend so that's where they are. No marriage or baby wishes yet, though. Not even a woo-hoo. But I keep hoping.


Outtakes!

When I started the game up after Hubby installed the new expansion packs, I found everyone skipping work and hanging around the loading dock. Random!
Screenshot


This new maid doesn't seem to be evil, but she is very odd. Here she is making the bed while Zeke is still sleeping in it!
Screenshot-12


And here she is passed out on the floor. I don't know why she didn't go to bed!
Screenshot-19


Zeke carries on the family tradition of playing guitar in the bathroom. Must be the acoustics.
Screenshot-23

5 comments:

  1. I've never played guitar in the bathroom, but apparently I should really try that! ;)

    Wow, hard chapter with a happy ending. I love how you have described Zeke's thoughts and feelings until he finally made that decision. And it's great that they are together now! Can't wait for the blue-haired babies! :) (Hopefully he will wish for those soon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't get the bathroom playing either, but they've all done it! Maggie got really mad that he wouldn't leave the bathroom and she peed on the floor, but I didn't get a picture of that (too busy laughing!).

    I'm really happy that things seem to be moving on with them now that she's broken up with Sal. If she ever moves in, I'll have to remember to check that status to make sure I don't have any freaky cheating scandals in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure shouldn't have any freaky cheating scandals if she broke up with Sal. Hooray for a SO!

    Sigh. Charles met one of the sims I was kind of hoping he'd end up with, but she has a boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW: Did you find out that their trait incompatibility is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did find look into the trait incompatibility! (And then totally forgot to include that in this chapter.)

    Zeke is unflirty and Gwyn is flirty so they don't have negative interactions or anything, but there are many things that Zeke doesn't want to do. I still force him to, because he wants to have a "great date" and Gwyn likes it when he massages her or acts flirty.

    Not sure what it means long term, though. Is he never going to wish to marry her?

    Poor Charles! He just can't catch a break!

    ReplyDelete