26 April 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 6: Birthday disaster

Trixi here!

It's my birthday! I'm officially moving into real adulthood now so I guess it's time to take stock and get serious. Or so I hear. But first, I'm going to have some cake!


I didn't want a big fuss made over my birthday so I decided to just have cake by myself. I made a wish (or two or three or four) and blew out the candles.


And then it happened... my house caught on fire!


I stood there in shock as the fire grew. Eventually, I was able to get it together enough to call the fire department.


They were on their way so there was nothing for me to do but watch in panic as the fire got bigger.


And bigger!


Eventually Adam the firefighter showed up to battle the fire and save my house. My hero!


The dining set was, unfortunately, a complete loss. And I didn't even get to have any cake!


I chatted with Adam a bit after the fire was out, but he was kind of boring when he wasn't being all fire-fighty so I wandered off to take a shower. I didn't even say goodbye or see him out. I guess I might have still been in shock a little, too.


Hoping to salvage my birthday, I decided to finish "Bite Me" and send it off to the publisher. The reviews aren't quite as good as they were for "Clipped Armor" but what else would you expect from a trashy novel! I think I might try my hand at Romance now that I have a (very) little experience in the matter. I'm going to call it "Ithaca to Chicago".


After I finished writing, I sat down to read a little. I suddenly realized that I had never actually finished my birthday due to the flaming interruption! So now I'm officially an adult.


Growing older gave me some needed confidence so I invited VJ over. I had hoped to see him sooner, but his work schedule kept getting in the way. I think we're close to being good friends.


I was really happy that he made it over. So many people seem to get lost on the way to my house for some reason.


We chatted for awhile, but we were both pretty sleepy. He was exhausted from working and I think the excitement of the fire was starting to catch up with me. Neither of us was ready to say good bye, though, so I did something crazy. I invited him to sleep over! And he agreed!


I can't believe I'm having a slumber party for my birthday.


**************
A/N: I bent the rules just a bit and invited VJ to stay without a wish. She's still wishing to be "good friends" with him, though, so I'm justifying it as working toward that goal. The truth is that I'm afraid to let him go home now that he's actually made it into the house! There seems to be some kind of black hole/Bermuda triangle thing going on here. She actually wanted to have a party so I invited a few of her friends and no one showed up! I even got the pop up that said guests were starting to arrive, but... nothing! It's like when Dustin disappeared all over again. At least this way, I know they'll be able to work on their friendship before they have to go to work.

2 comments:

  1. Weird that people keep disappearing before they get to Trixi's house. Exciting chapter though ... fires and sleepovers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really weird how people just didn't show up. Poor Trixi! Good for VJ though, I guess, since he gets to sleep over.

      Delete