17 April 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 4: Write Cook Read

Trixi here!

I've got big news this time... I finished my second novel!!! It's a Sci-Fi story called "Clipped Armor" and one of the reviewers called it a "tour de force"! The publisher is going to send me even more in royalties now, which is great. I could totally get used to this. Maybe some day I'll be able to support myself as an author. I've decided that I should write a bestseller so I started another book... this time, it's a trashy novel called "Bite Me" .


In the morning, I invited Dustin over. He said he'd come but then called a few minutes later to say that something had come up and he couldn't make it. I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it to try and become good friends with him! He certainly doesn't seem overly interested. In my spare time, I read a new book (that makes 10!). This one is all about Handiness.


I was so inspired that I decided to run out to the bookstore and buy another book on Handiness. Of course, I couldn't wait to start reading so I sat down on a bench right outside of the book store again.


I was so engrossed in my book that I didn't even notice the cute police officer who sat down next to me.


The cop got up to argue with some woman, but I don't know why they were so upset. Dustin showed up at the bookstore, too, but we had to head off to work before I got a chance to chat with him.


I'm doing well at the diner and even got promoted to Vegetable Slicer. Unfortunately, I also hate my job. I get so stressed while I'm there. Jared-the-Jerk gave me an extra assignment the other night when the dishwasher broke. I had to lug a bunch of dishes home with me and wash them there! I wonder if working at the Bistro would be any better?


As soon as I got home, I decided to get the dish washing out of the way. I'm not going to fail another assignment from the boss!


Once I was done, I sat down to read.


This morning, I realized that it's been ages since I've talked to my friend, Simis. I called and invited him over so that we wouldn't be too distant of friends. While I waited for him, I read of course!


I was surprised when Simis arrived to see that he's now an elder! I hadn't realized that I'd missed his birthday. We had a great time talking and catching up.


Simis was my first friend in town and he always manages to crack me up and lift my mood.


He even talked me into dancing with him for awhile! I really should make sure we keep in touch more often.


With as much fun as we were having, I was sad when I had to leave to go to work. I can't wait until I can quit my job and make a living as a writer! My boss was very pleased with the job I did on the dishes, though, and even more impressed when I improved upon one of our recipes. He even gave me a raise! After work, I decided to make another attempt at becoming good friends with Dustin so I headed over to his house. Our chat was going well, but he quickly decided to head off to bed.


The night wasn't a complete waste, though. I ran into Kaylynn and she raved about"Clipped Armor"! It was so exciting to talk to someone who had read my book and loved it!


************
A/N: Seriously, Trixi keeps inviting Dustin over and he keeps calling back to say that something came up... between that and his disappearing act from the last time, I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't a glitch going on here. It's taking FOREVER to try and get them to the "good friends" stage since I can hardly get them into the same place at the same time for more than a quick chat. And she's still pretty much only wanting to read whenever she gets the chance.

2 comments:

  1. Trixie Trixie Trixie ... this is what happens when you get mixed up with a married father of two grown up kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to go back and read these chapters when you comment on them! I'd kind of forgotten all of the trouble Trixi had getting a romance going.

      Delete