03 April 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 2: Cooking up a job

Trixi here!

Have I mentioned how much I like reading? Seriously, I could do it all day, every day, and be perfectly happy. As soon as I finish one book, I'm itching to start another one. I just can't get enough reading.


Unfortunately, reading doesn't pay the bills. And writing hasn't really started paying them, either. After a few unexpected expenses, like appliance repairs, I decided that it was time to get a paying job!


I love cooking and becoming a chef sounded pretty interesting so I checked the online job listings. I was lucky enough to find an opening as a kitchen scullion! I'm working swing shift at Hogan's Diner... it's a bit of a dive, but the people I work with seem nice.


I figured that I should work on my cooking skills at home, too. I have some natural ability in the kitchen, which helped me learn the ropes fairly quickly. Between working hard at the diner and practicing at home, I was able to convince my boss to promote me to Spice Hunter. I'm hoping to learn a few new recipes now!


And I finished my novel! I even sold "Fifty Ways" to a publisher and will get royalties for it! It's not much, but bonus money coming in for a few weeks is all good. I'm thinking about writing something Sci-Fi next... even if it does make me bang my head against the keyboard in frustration occasionally.


Since I'm a published author now, I figured I'd better spend some time concentrating on my painting skills. I decided to take a class at the school on my day off to help get me with the more technical aspects of painting.


After class, I didn't have anywhere to be so I took a trip to the bookstore to look for a new cook book. I was so excited about it that I sat down right outside of the shop and started to read. Have I mentioned how much I like to read?


I even ran into my boss, Jared, just outside of the bookstore. Unfortunately, I think I said the wrong thing because the conversation did not go well. I was so humiliated!


Luckily, I was able to make a new friend after the horrible encounter with Jared. Simis is super nice and we've chatted a few times since then. I think we might eventually become good friends! He's a blogger, too!


I think that the art class really helped me with my painting. I can see improvement every time I pick up a brush and was even able to sell one of my paintings for $6!


I like to read. All. The. Time.


My boss (Jared the Jerk!) decided that I should socialize more with my co-workers so he told me to become friends with some of them. I'm not sure what business it is of his, but I can't afford to lose my job and I certainly don't want the boss to dislike me any more than he already does. So I went over to Dustin's house to visit him one day before work.


There were a lot of people at his house and I'm still not sure whether they are family, roommates or friends, but everyone seemed very nice. I had a lot of fun chatting with them until it was time for Dustin and I to head to work.


I hope Dustin and I can become friends... not just because it will apparently help with my job, but because I need more friends!

**************
A/N: Seriously, she reads all the time and has no wishes to ever met or socialize with people! How is the next generation going to happen if she just stays home reading, writing and painting?!?!

8 comments:

  1. It always seems like the beginnings of new generations are kind of slow! Enjoy it while she's not wishing for 7 kids back-to-back! If all else fails, you do get the "free day" when she reaches 50,000 LTR points :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to that... trying to get her knocked up within a Sim day? That could work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... sounds exactly like my simself, reading all the time! I think once they hit adulthood, they start to have more romantic wishes if they haven't already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually really funny watching her read anywhere she happens to be. She ignores everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Followed your comment on my blog to your blog! Anyway, I just started reading. I think it's interesting you decided to write in first person since the majority of legacies are written in third. Oh yes, and I also love her kitchen floor tile. Random, I know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks for reading!

      I'm not sure why I started with first person, but I kind of like changing "voice" with every new generation.

      Also, that's one of my favorite floor tiles. I'm going to use it again one of these generations.

      Delete
  6. Bookworm sims are so self-contained and narrow minded it's hard to get them to do anything that isn't book related! At least with my sims I can tell them to talk to someone even if they don't want to!! I don't envy you in this regard and I hope that Trixie meets and rolls wants for Mr. Right soon :D

    ReplyDelete