30 April 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 41: Invisible cats

Things are so crazy around here with three kids! I don't know how Dad and Mom kept track of all of us. I am constantly losing kids!

Yeti, poor dear, fell asleep in the dining room of all places! I have no idea how long she was there before Bonehilda found her, but I guess it's better inside than outside?

Screenshot-5

After that, I figured I'd better do a head count.

And I couldn't find Bumble!!! He can't even walk! Where could he possibly have gone?

Luckily, he popped out of the toy box before too long. He's pretty cute.

Screenshot-6

Blu headed over to grab Bumble while I went looking for Snow.

Being responsible parents is hard!

Screenshot-8

BOB was taking good care of Snow, at least.

Whew! I found all of the kids!

Screenshot-9

I needed a little stress relief after all of that worry, so I headed to our gym to work out. I love working out and don't do it nearly enough.

I figured I'd better take the one that could walk with me, you know, so I could keep an eye on her.

She did her homework!

I think I've got the hang of parenting now.

Screenshot-12

I finished my lion sculpture... isn't it fantastic? I had to sell it. Not because we needed the money or anything, but because I have a goal of making money with my sculpting.

Also, check out my fantastic new gnome! It came in the mail from some random people named Wonderland. Isn't that a great name? I have no idea why they sent me a gnome, but I figured they must know something that I don't know. Like that I needed a new gnome.

It's guarding my sculpting stations now.

Screenshot-13

The gnome must have done the trick because I got promoted to ice carving!

The best part about ice carving? The chainsaws.

So. Much. Fun.

Screenshot-17

It's less fun when the kids interrupt my sculpting.

Where is Blu, anyway? He was supposed to be taking care of them when he got home from work!

And isn't BOB around here somewhere? Why do I have to do all of the work?

Screenshot-19

I found Blu passed out in the front yard. I guess he was tired from working so hard.

I can't imagine what the neighbors must have thought, though... listening to my chainsaw all evening and then seeing a body in the driveway!

Screenshot-22

BOB was shorted out in the house. I guess that explains why he wasn't helping, either!

Screenshot-25

He perked up briefly. Then he leaked some kind of weird oil all over the floor.

Screenshot-29

Then he shorted out again!

Sigh. I guess I need to stop counting on him so much.

I feel like I say that a lot. But, I suppose he really is part of the family and I should probably take better care of him.

Being head of the household is hard.

Screenshot-31

It's a lot easier to deal with everything when I get to look at Blu, though.

Sigh.

Screenshot-26

Ooops! Hi, Dad! Ignore that last part, ok?

Actually, ignore this whole entry.

I'm totally doing a great job being in charge of the family legacy! My kids are great! Everything is great!

You totally made the right choice making me responsible for everything!

Screenshot-27

At least we all like each other, right?

Screenshot-28

**********
A/N: Around now, I was really glad that this was not an ISBI! Poor BOB... all he does these days is care for the kids and short out. I have no idea when the last time he made it to work was.


Outtakes!

Yeti sleeps with her eyes open.
Screenshot

I'm pretty sure that Yeti thinks her mom is a big joke sometimes.
Screenshot-10

Zeke and BOB, together again! They only got a little bit creepy before Zeke poofed away.
Screenshot-23

11 comments:

  1. The great baby hunt of '13! :D (I'm still loving on these kid's names.)

    Lion sculpture is very nice, I've never gotten one before. It's so random what they will make. *is jealous of gnome*

    The picture of Blu when she's admiring him? The way he's standing makes it kinda look like those clouds are attached to his hat, like those hats with the beer cups on them? /random weirdness/

    And... the pic with Yeti walking around with the zz's is funny. I have a 'no zz's' mod, so my sims could potentially be walking around like that all the time and I would never know. HAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture of Yeti sleep walking cracked me up! I've never seen a Sim actually still walking around with the zzzs floating around them.

      I had not noticed that about Blu's hat, but you're right! It totally looks like the clouds are attached to him! It was weird that he was wearing the hat, anyway, since that's part of his work uniform and he refused to take it off for awhile, regardless of what he was wearing.

      Delete
  2. I just realized that I never explained the title of this chapter! Which is really random without an explanation... I spent much of the time covered in this chapter adopting cats into and out of the house to get Ariel's LTW count back where it should have been. So the invisible cats are the poor critters who made brief stops in the house, undocumented in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, by now Ariel really knows what keeping a family together is about, doesn't she? Poor her. Sometimes it seems like it's a little too much for her, especially when there's nobody around to help her.

    Zeke stopping by for a short visit was nice! I wonder whether she could have been honest with him, either. Pretending that everything was fine in front of him sure sounded better, but after all, he was her father. Maybe he would have been there for her a little more then.

    Anyway, I'm excited to see how the kids grow up now! Hopefully Ariel won't lose them all the time then... ;) although it must be harder to keep track when they are actually able to decide where they're going..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariel is a little scattered, isn't she? She tries so hard, but the kids are much harder to herd than the cats!

      I think Zeke would have helped her out, but she probably doesn't want him to think that he made the wrong decisions when he made her heir. He's more laid back than she gives him credit for, though.

      Delete
  4. So much to love in this chapter! The gnome from the Wonderlands! Chainsaws!

    And so many fails! I knew it wasn't an ISBI, but I had to keep reminding myself. Hahaha.

    Gwyn really introduced some great genetics into the Hodgins. I didn't realize what a strange face she had until I opened her up in my game to give her Avalon skin/ears. I can see a lot of Gwyn and Zeke in Bumble, since you did a close up of his face :).

    It warmed my heart to read Ariel chattering about being head of the household. She's really over her depression and back to her old self.

    Oh, and in that outtake, Yeti wasn't just sleeping with her eyes open, she was sleeping while walking! That's creepy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gnome from the Wonderlands was perfect for Ariel!

      It really is a good thing that this isn't an ISBI. My wishacy fails way more than my ISBI!

      Gwyn had a really interesting face. It was kind of deceptive since you wouldn't notice it until you looked closely (and it took me awhile to notice). All of the kids this generation look to be very interesting looking.

      Delete
  5. I love Ariel and her one track mind. I think she makes a great head of household!! It was also heartening to see Blu doing his part in baby duty ... looks like their marriage is back on track. Though the chainsaw/body scene disturbed me a smidge ... That part really cracked me up!!!

    Yeti is one creepy little sleepwalking kid. Still cute as heck though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blu and Ariel are doing very well now. Whew. That was a crazy little interlude they went through there! Now that Ariel is good with a chainsaw, though, I imagine that Blu will stay in line.

      I was amazed by Yeti sleepwalking. I've never seen a sim walking around with the Zzzzs! Much less with their eyes open!

      Delete
  6. I did have to remind myself (or re-look up) if this was an ISBI! Craziness abounds in this chapter! I love Bob, though I'm not terribly fond of simbots in general; he seems like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been surprised at just how sweet and helpful Bob is... I've never had a simbot before and I didn't really like him much when Zeke wished for him, but he really has turned out to be good for the household!

      Delete