16 April 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 39: Another birthday

Wasn't Bumble's party fun? I planned the party for when Blu was at work and he didn't even mind! He hates crowds. It's like the best for everyone!

After the party, the guests finally came inside. Some even stayed all night!

But it was people that Blu likes, so it was ok.

Nemo gave Nova some nice attention. He always did love cats! Not as much as Puzzle does, but still a lot.

Screenshot-42

Poor Margo, though. I guess that invisible plate was just too scary. I don't blame her, invisible dishes can be sneaky.

Screenshot-43

After everyone had gone home, the kids and BOB went to sleep (well, BOB napped in the nursery... he's so responsible)! Blu and I decided to work on our skills.

I sculpted. I'm getting very good at it!

Screenshot-45

And Blu worked out. He's very good at that. I think that he's close to a promotion at work, too!

Screenshot-48

Sculpting cats. Does it get any better?

Screenshot-49

Suddenly, it was Yeti's birthday! I decided that the party went so well last time, I should do it again!

I think it's so cool that Blu and I have figured out a way that both of us can enjoy parties (his way is being somewhere else!). And I don't even mind when that "friend" of his crashes the party anymore!

Since the water slide was popular last time, I decided to have a pool party.

We don't have a pool because those are dangerous, but it I love swim wear!

Screenshot-53

One of our guests made it into the house this time! And she brought an actual visible plate of food this time!

I think my parties just keep getting better and better.

Screenshot-56

Time for candles!

Screenshot-59

I can't believe that my little girl is going to be such a big kid now!

Screenshot-67

Oh, I see! The guests decided to hang out just inside the door this time instead of just outside! And someone else brought the invisible food. Traditions are important.

I'd also like to point out that my brother Nemo is quite the ladies man! He's dated through half of the town, I think, plus many surrounding communities!

The women just flock to him!

I think he might have a problem with commitment.

Screenshot-68

Anyway, here's my Yeti. Isn't she beautiful?

Screenshot-69

You know what's bittersweet? Ever since I found out that I was pregnant with Yeti, I wanted to share it with my mom but she died before I even got a chance to tell her... but Yeti is a brave girl and it looks like she'll get a chance to share secrets with her grandma after all!

Screenshot-73

***************
A/N: Yeti got the overemotional trait for her birthday since neither parent was particularly interested in skilling her (her other traits are slob and eccentric). Ariel did finally roll a wish to teach Yeti to walk, but she rolled it after she'd planned the party and there wasn't enough time. I wonder if either of them will want to teach Bumble or the new baby anything! It was nice that Gwyn came to see Yeti on her birthday, though. Yeti immediately made wishes to interact with ghost-Gwyn... maybe she'll be a ghost buster when she grows up!


Outtake!

Toddler Yeti looks a little mean here.
Screenshot-40

Blu can't possible get into the house, the lamp is in his way!
Screenshot-50

Bonehilda has been having impure thoughts about Blu lately. She's called him at least 3 times to ask him out and I keep getting those "I'd like to get to know you better" pop-ups. Hands off, Boney! (Though it would be kind of interesting to explore that kind of relationship sometime, just not with Blu!)
Screenshot-51

Poor BOB shorted out on his way to work. He got fired for missing work after this. I guess Ariel is relying on him a bit too much! Then again, when I tell him to go to bed, he usually chooses to nap in the rocking chair in the nursery so it's kind of his own fault!
Screenshot-52

Party people gather outside.
Screenshot-60

Ariel is doing the dishes (probably in an attempt to impress Gwyn because Ariel never does the dishes), but she seems to be doing it wrong!
Screenshot-76

12 comments:

  1. Yeti has turned out really sweet! Although she's not literally "beautiful", her looks are very unique and already quite grown up. It should be fun to watch her life as a child (bonding with her grandmother was such a nice start, I loved that!) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look older than her years, doesn't she? I can't wait to see what she looks like as she grows up!

      I adore that she wanted to get to know her grandmother.

      Delete
  2. Yeti would totally be an entry in my Weirdacy. She has such a fascinating face! Not traditionally beautiful and not ugly, but with a lot of character. Blu has great genes. And I really like that child hairstyle. I hate most child hairstyles :-p.

    You didn't mention getting Bonehilda! I think you said something about her before, and I was confused. I didn't know Bonehilda had traits and could be attracted to people! Can she reproduce?? (I mean, this is The Sims. Why be attracted if you can't make babies??) It's absolutely hilarious that she's on the make for Blu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... Puzzle wished for a Bonehilda so I got them one before the boys moved out, but I guess I never really did mention it at the time! At a later party, she hits on both Blu and Nemo... I'd really love to play that out sometime but, as I said, not with Blu! I've worked too hard to get/keep him and Ariel together.

      I kind of keep hoping that she and BOB will get together. It would be fascinating to find out if a skeleton and a robot can make little creature-robot crosses of their own!

      Yeti is very interesting looking. I'm curious to see how the other kids turn out, too!

      Delete
  3. Poor Bob. He really is the primary care giver in your household isn't he? I immediately thought that he should date Bonehilda as well ... it would take her mind off Blu. The thought of her and Blu *shudders*

    Little Yeti has MASSIVE eyes hasn't she? Cute little thing.

    Nemo sure is popular with the female population. Even the felines adore him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nemo's lady-killing ways are cracking me up. He constantly has new girlfriends and there are always females around him... of all species!

      I'm fascinated by Yeti's eyes. They may come from Gwyn's side of the family, I'll have to go back and look sometime.

      As interesting as the Bonehilda obsession is, I'm trying not to think too much about the mechanics of... well, anything!

      Delete
    2. Heh. Sim woohoo is a lot of fun, clearly (from the laughter and the heart petals), but I don't assume that it follows our rules.

      Delete
  4. I think Yeti is very cute, I think she's one of those sims who just grow prettier each time they age up.

    Ack! I just realized there's no 'new post' button! I've caught up. Um..yay? I'm happy to be caught up...but now there's no more to read now, wait, don't you have another story?... *stalks* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh. I shall now self-servingly point out that I also have another story. I also have a new ISBI called We're All Mad Here: http://wonderlandidiots.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. You are obviously the fastest reader ever!

      Delete
  5. Susan! I totally forgot that, I was busy reading the Samples and setting up my site, and I totally forgot! Yay for me, something to read tonight/tomorrow!

    *adds to stalking list...* ;)

    ReplyDelete