02 April 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 37: I bought a Gym!

I'm a bad mom.

I mean, look at me! I passed out on the floor! Right in front of my child! Who is obviously exhausted!

What kind of mother takes a nap on the floor instead of putting her kid to bed?

A bad one, that's who.

Screenshot-23

It was all getting to BOB, too. He shorted out right in the middle of the kitchen.

Weskers had no sympathy. He just hates cake.

Screenshot-24

One morning, I told Blu that enough was enough.

We were no good for each other anymore. We were no good for our children. We were no good for our pets.

We had to recharge ourselves before we lost our family entirely.

Screenshot-26

BOB agreed to watch the kids (again... should I feel guilty about abusing Dad's robot?).

Blu and I went to the gym to work out together, away from all of the stress and memories of our house.

Screenshot-30

Screenshot-32

Screenshot-35

It was very... stimulating.

Screenshot-36

Screenshot-37

Screenshot-43

I decided right then and there that we should totally buy the gym! Blu went to to the actual paperwork and it's all official! I'm going to name it something super fun and it will be the best place in town.

Eventually. When I get around to it.

********************
A/N: Blu and Ariel are finally over both the grieving process and their "ignoring each other" phase. At least, I hope they are. They're spending more time in the same place again, anyway. Ariel has been wishing to buy a business and a gym made the most sense for them. Now, if only one of them would want to interact with the children!



Outtakes!

Stinky, exhausted, screaming. This is getting a little too realistic.
Screenshot-25

While Ariel and Blu were at the gym, I noticed the other Hodgins next door! Margo is a child now and everyone seems good! I'm not sure that I care for the look that Puzzle is giving Nemo, though.
Screenshot-28

Blu swoons.
Screenshot-38

Later, Blu alternates between boo-ing Ariel and hitting on her. Is this a mid-life crisis thing? Because it's getting old! Not that Ariel seems to mind.
Screenshot-44



23 comments:

  1. Hoooray! Of course they would bond over exercise equipment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it took me so long to remember that they get a long a lot better when they work out together!

      If only Blu would stop "booing" at her after Woohoo.

      Delete
    2. I think that's the infamous autonomous Heckle. It would be awfully nice if the choice to heckle had ANYTHING to do with what was going on.

      Delete
    3. Now, why would he heckle the woman who just gave him a happy shower? Blu and Ariel are weird, even for sims!

      Delete
    4. Charles is particularly prone to random heckling while he's on vacation.

      I read a post about a babysitter that wouldn't leave (I think) that had me falling on the floor laughing. The guy just hung around and heckled the babies.

      Delete
    5. That's too funny! The Hodgins had a very bad babysitter back when Nemo was a toddler, the one who ignored poor Nemo in favor of dancing, but I've never had one just hang around heckling the kids!

      Delete
  2. Phew!! I'm so glad that they finally got back together, or at least made some effort! I was starting to get really worried about their situation.

    And yay for buying a gym - that's the first thing on my to-do list, as well :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was getting worrisome! I had no idea what to do with them.

      You know, all of their working out makes me feel a little guilty... since I'm just sitting there watching them instead of actually working out myself!

      Delete
    2. BWAHAHA! And here I am telecommuting in bed listening to hard labor going on downstairs!

      Delete
    3. Watching them work out counts as your own work out, didn't you know that? That's how I talk my way out of all things like those. (And making my sims study really hard at university makes my grades go up, too.. (if not, I will have to make them work even harder!))

      Delete
    4. amhranai, I like the way you think!

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm glad their getting along better! Marriages in trouble make me nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nerve-wracking! I kept worrying that one or the other would suddenly wish to divorce!

      Delete
    2. Perhaps more likely, start having romantic wishes for someone else, which would be a sure call for cheating, and that would probably be the end :-p.

      But it didn't happen! Yay!

      Delete
    3. Oooh, romantic wishes for someone else would have sucked! I don't see Ariel doing that (she's not romantic with anyone!), but Blu could have totally gone that way! I'm glad I didn't think of that at the time, I would have been very worried.

      Delete
  4. The couple that works out together stays together ... and heckle each other apparently. Seeing them getting on, sort of, makes me happy. All is right with the Sim universe. Thank goodness for Bob. You've got a custom built babysitting service.

    Why am I not surprised that Puzzle is eyeing up Nemo? That's a very inappropriate thought bubble he has there ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puzzle is creepy! He's way more pervy than I ever thought!

      I'm very surprised at how well BOB is working out. He's so good with the kids! I still hold out hope that someone, sometime might actually wish to teach a kid a skill...

      Delete
  5. Oh my god. I've finally done it. I've finally caught up.

    I love Blu and Ariel. Ariel has an amazing voice and you do a great job of writing her. I've really enjoyed watching her change and grow over the course of this generation.

    I've also enjoyed watching Blu work out. He's a very well pixelated sim, although those tattoos...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a lot of catching up!

      Ariel is a lot of fun to write, even when she's grumpy. She really has a lot of personality!

      Blu is a fine looking Sim, but his tattoos do pain me. I can't believe he's ok with what Ariel did to him!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I kept getting about halfway through Trixie's chapters and then RL would interrupt and I'd have to start all over again. It's taken ages, but it's easier to keep on top of things than catch up, so I'm hopeful.

      That little pink and green ... person? on his stomach amuses me greatly. Ariel probably thinks that they're the most amazing tattoos ever, and so Blu probably keeps them so he doesn't offend her.

      Delete
    3. You know, I think you're right... Ariel probably loves those tattoos! And Blu is just too sweet to complain about them. I love how much crazier they are against Blu's very seriously toned, well maintained body image.

      Delete