07 May 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 42: Party of glitch

Yeti is such an independent girl!

She took herself to school the other day. I don't know why she didn't ride the bus, but I guess she figured that she could get there under her own power.

Screenshot-32

And look how studious she is! While all of the other kids were headed in to the building, my girl sat down and did her homework. She must not have wanted to go to class until she had everything just perfect on her papers!

Screenshot-35

Sometimes, I wish all of the kids were that independent.

Screenshot-37

I mean, I know that they will be. They will eventually grow into bigger kids who do their own thing and leave me alone to sculpt. But right now they're just so time consuming!

I mean, there are always so many things to teach them and then they want to be fed and changed...

Of course, they're also super fun and I love them.

I just think that maybe kids should grow up as fast as cats do. And maybe they could be born knowing how to walk and talk. That would be handy!

Screenshot-41

Anyway.

Party time!

It's Snow's first birthday!

I was busy trying to get Bumble to calm down and shut up so BOB brought her to her cake.

Every family should have a BOB.

Screenshot-46

Blu even decided to attend this party. I guess because it's the last first birthday that we'll have around here for a long, long time.

Screenshot-50

Suddenly, I got the giggles! I have no idea why, but I could not stop laughing. BOB was not amused. Neither was Puzzle.

Such party poopers.

Screenshot-53

By the time I'd settled down, Snow was a toddler!

The first thing she did was pick her nose, of course.

What is it with toddlers and their noses?

Screenshot-58

Still, she's pretty cute. I think she has Mom's hair!

Screenshot-60

It was the weirdest birthday party ever, though. Puzzle and Nemo got all emotional about how big Yeti is getting. She announced that she wants to have a bunch of different animals when she grows up and I have no idea where that came from!

I mean, we love cats but why would she suddenly feel the need to collect all of the animals?!

Screenshot-61

I worry about Margo, though. She was surrounded by invisible plates again at this party and she didn't take it well.

Screenshot-63

I hope we're not giving her some kind of phobia! She always seems to run screaming from our house when she comes over!

Screenshot-64

BOB finally got fired for missing work. I felt kind of bad about that.

He was so depressed that I told him that he should find a way to cheer himself up.

I guess that meant hanging out with my brothers.

I hear that Nemo has a new girlfriend again. Shocking.

Screenshot-68

Sebastian looks very dapper in his tux, though.

Screenshot-69

Anyway, BOB decided that the best way to blow off some steam (so to speak) would be to hit on one of our guests!

Screenshot-71

And she totally went for it! No one could believe what was going on. Right out in front of my house! Sebastian was afraid to turn around, I think.

Screenshot-72

I can't imagine what the neighbors will think.

Of course, my friends and family found it pretty weird, too.

I guess we should just be happy for BOB?

Screenshot-73

Nemo was so exhausted and shocked that he passed out right there in the driveway.

Screenshot-74


So, yeah, another body in the yard. At least I wasn't using my chainsaw before this one dropped!

And we're now the home of robot groping and driveway bodies.

There are worse things to be known for!

**********
A/N: BOB was stressed so I clicked on his icon and he decided that "risky woohoo" was the best way to reduce stress. Then I watched in horror as he tried to do just that with my very own simself! And she was all for it! Luckily, she was too tired and decided to go home before they actually followed all the way through with that.

Yeti rolled the Ark Builder LTW for some reason. I have no idea where it came from since her current traits are slob, overemotional, and eccentric. Maybe eccentric? Anyway, she went all the way to school and then skipped out on it to do her homework!

The party was full of glitchiness. I'm not actually sure what's going on with my game (I'm hoping it was just a transient issue but I haven't played again to be sure), but everyone kept getting stuck. Ariel got stuck laughing at the birthday until I resent her. Yeti got stuck in the bushes outside the house and just stood there peeing until I reset her. Snow got frozen when she aged up. None of the guests went home, I think they're actually still there since shortly after this (and, luckily, a save) the whole thing froze up and crashed. After that, I gave up for the day and I haven't had a chance to play since!


Outtakes!

No one is happy about going to school.
Screenshot-33

Bonehilda is admiring her "muscles", which just amuses me.
Screenshot-43

Here's poor Yeti, stuck in the bushes. It took me awhile to find her, she's so well camouflaged!
Screenshot-44

Is it just me, or does Snow actually look like an old man?
Screenshot-59

Creepy neighbor boy spent hours just looking in the window.
Screenshot-65

I have no idea what Blu said to her here, but Ariel was not amused.
Screenshot-66

8 comments:

  1. Good grief! It seems to be the season for glitches! The invisible plate ones are at least funny. Have you tried Twallan's Reset Everything? I've found that can do wonders for bizarro stuff like that.

    I THOUGHT that was your simself making time with BOB! Hilarious! Sadly, it's more interesting than she's been in my game. She joined the acting career of all places and has just been cranking out the promotions without making friends or romance.

    I love Snow's skin/hair combination! It might be my favorite of the kids. I'll have to see what their faces and traits look like as they age up, though.

    Ark Builder is a hard LTW as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW: The Samples are kinda glitchy too. I have a long rant post I'd like to make about Charles finishing up his LTW, but those events are way far out in the blog yet, and I don't know if I'll remember all the drama by then :-p.

      Also, I think they'll have to move houses. Sigh.

      Delete
    2. I probably will try Reset Everything next time I'm in-game... things are getting flaky! I'm sorry that the Samples are acting up, too. Their house is so nice! I'm sure you'll come up with something even better for them, though.

      My simself needs to just say no to robot woohoo. That was disturbing.

      Ark Builder is not a LTW I want to deal with... so I let Yeti have it since I'm 87% sure that she's not going to be heir!

      Delete
  2. Glitches, glitches everywhere! How I love glitches ...

    Well, I'll never look at your simself the same way again. I expected it from Bob but she should know better. Then again, who are we to judge? Simbots should get love too.

    Building a menagerie of animals seems like a very eccentric thing to do, so it probably is that trait.

    Now, I've got a (very) early start tomorrow so I'm off to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitches certainly make for interesting simming!

      Bob is creepy. Every time I click on his stress icon, he tries risky woohoo with someone! So far, this is the closest he's gotten to it... they usually leave the lot before he gets a chance. As long as he stays away from Ariel and Blu, I guess?

      I hope you're all rested up!

      Delete
  3. Snow's hair DOES look like that of an old person. Weird.But cute apart from that ;)

    I'm glad that Ariel still keeps her sense of humour, even though life is pretty busy sometimes^^

    And the Ark Builder LTW was to have two of every kind, right? Including the small ones? Or did I mix something up there? And did you accept it? Didn't sound like Ariel would approve...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariel is living an interesting life, that's for sure! Glitches abound!

      Yeah, that's the Ark Builder. I really don't want to do it, but I did accept it since I'm pretty sure that Bumble or Snow is going to get to be heir. Ariel would not approve. She loves cats but really can't be bothered with any other animals!

      Delete
  4. That was a great chapter! This family is so cute, and I love BOB. He makes me want to add a simBot to my DOARS (if only I could figure out how to add him in...).

    ReplyDelete