14 May 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 43: Bumble almost learns stuff

Some people just don't know when to leave!

I mean, look at this! Snow's party has been over for days and they're still hanging around!

All passing out in the driveway and complaining that their hungry. Not to mention complaining about the newspapers on the ground.

Really. Like it's any of their business!


Screenshot-2

So I told them to go away and *poof*! Gone!

That's much better.

Screenshot-3

Now I can focus on my family.

Like Bumble. It's his birthday soon and I'm considering teaching him some stuff.

Screenshot-4

Yeti has been asking to learn how to fish lately so I sent her to the local waterfall!

There was no way that I was going with her, of course.

Water, you know. Can't trust it.

But Yeti is an independent girl and wasn't concerned at all!

I'm trying not to be overprotective.

Screenshot-11

Blu has been working hard at working out. He is now an athletic master!

And he looks so good doing it, too!

I love a tight man! (Clicking that link is totally worth it.)

Screenshot-14

Anyway, back to Bumble!

I decided to teach him to walk.

He's a genius, so it should be super easy. And quick!

Screenshot-15

And teaching him to walk went so well that I decided to teach him to talk, too!

Can you imagine? A toddler who can walk and speak? Just like real people?

I'm like a genius, too! And Bumble's totally a prodigy.

Screenshot-16

Except then I had to pee.

And by the time I got back from the bathroom, Bumble wasn't a toddler anymore!

How does that even happen? There wasn't any cake or party or anything?

Screenshot-20

Screenshot-21

Screenshot-22

Screenshot-23

They just grow up so fast. There's no point in teaching them things as a toddler if they're not even going to use it.

I don't think I'll bother teaching Snow anything.

I wonder where Snow is, anyway?

While I'm at it, I wonder where Yeti is?

Screenshot-24

***********
A/N: Ariel is one cat away from reaching her LTW. Blu has mastered athletics, which would count toward his LTW if he would actually change like I want him to. Yeti spent the whole weekend fishing, which I'm guessing is because of her Ark Builder LTW. Bumble learned how to walk and almost learned how to talk. It was a pretty productive couple of Sim days there! Bumble got the Vegetarian trait forced on him, which adds to his genius and athletic traits. That kid has good traits for being so neglected!

In game news, my game was less glitchy once I reset the lot but there's still a pretty bad lag going on. I don't know what that's about. I was going to try playing through Yeti's and Snow's next birthdays so that I could put up an heir poll pretty soon (especially since Ariel can finish her LTW any time now), but my game crashed out the day before Yeti's teen birthday so I didn't make it. Maybe next time.


Outtakes!

Proof that Ariel actually taught Bumble to walk! She wished to teach him all of his skills on his birthday, so they did marathon skilling. But didn't make it.
Screenshot-5

Invisible bike.
Screenshot-6

After Bumble aged up, I found Snow and BOB outside watching the sunset or something. I have no idea what they're doing out there, especially since BOB hates the outdoors!
Screenshot-17

7 comments:

  1. Hahahaha :D Bumble was a "real person" - I nearly fell off my bed laughing! I love Ariel's way of telling her story...

    Having two children in the house is dangerous for people who keep misplacing their kids :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariel and Blu probably shouldn't have had any kids... they're really not very good at it!

      Delete
  2. This post made me laugh out loud, starting with the title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had two sim-parents less interested in teaching their kids! *If* they do wish to teach them any toddler skills, it's always on the day that they age up and there's no time. It's weird!

      Delete
  3. At least the kids have Bob! I'd worry about them being neglected otherwise. Ariel's lax parenting skills suits her personality, but Blu has no excuse!

    So much fun in this chapter, including the link :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Golden Girls and it was so perfect to the story!

      I don't know what they'd do without BOB. Ariel and Blu are the worst parents.

      Delete
  4. Well, it's fortunate that sims don't actually HAVE to learn anything as toddlers, otherwise these kids would be completely doomed.

    ReplyDelete