24 April 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 32: Longest birthday ever

Almost as soon as Sebastian's birthday was over, it was time for Nemo's first birthday! We combined the two parties, thinking that it would be efficient that way, but Nemo is apparently a child who insists on doing things in his own time.

Screenshot-26

Gwyn brought him to his cake and blew out the candles, making a wish for his future happiness.

Screenshot-28

He really seemed to enjoy his birthday party, but decided that he was going to stay our little baby for just a bit longer.

Screenshot-42

We had thought that we'd be moving on from the newborn stage by now, but Nemo was in no hurry to grow up.

Screenshot-45

I guess you could say that I was a little distracted by all of the birthday, graduation, and new dr job getting that was going on around the house, not to mention the school skipping. I was repairing the dishwasher just like I'd done a dozen times before but I jigged when I should have jogged or something and scorched myself! I'm glad that was all that happened, it wouldn't do to leave Gwyn alone with 3 kids!

Screenshot-49

Luckily, it was just Nemo and me at home when that happened. I'm sure Gwyn would have had several choice words for me about being reckless or something.

Screenshot-51

Then again, my accident apparently inspired Nemo to finally grow up a little so it's not all bad, right? He looks like me, don't you think?

Screenshot-55

I quickly showered and changed before the rest of the family got home. Gwyn was thrilled to find that Nemo was fully a toddler now and I'm pretty sure that he'll keep my secret about almost electrocuting myself while everyone else was gone.

Screenshot-64


*****************
A/N: So that was really weird. Nemo and Sebastian both had "0" days until they aged up and got the "birthday today" pop-up, but Nemo refused to age up after blowing out his candles! He even had the "had birthday" moodlet. He actually spent 2 more days at "0" days before he finally sparkled and became a toddler. So weird. My game is getting some crazy glitches lately. I might have to port the lot of them to a new town soon if this keeps up! In other news, I'm having a terrible time finding everything in the new blogger layout!

Outtakes!

Hey, Mom! I can't breathe!
Screenshot-30


During the birthday parties, I got a notice that Jagger was acting inappropriately. I went to see what he was doing and found him cleaning the toilet! I need more of that kind of "inappropriateness" around my own house!
Screenshot-32


I think Gwyn was as annoyed as I was when Nemo didn't age up.
Screenshot-33


Traffic jam in the foyer. Sims are so weird. (You can also see the dead paparazzi's urn on the floor! I didn't even know it was there until I took this picture.)
Screenshot-34

7 comments:

  1. Whoa, I do really think you should port them to a fresh town. That is just too weird, and it seems like a herald of even more disturbing glitches to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I was trying to hold out for another generation, just to see what happened with all of the cross-pollination sims, but I'm starting to think it should be done.

      So. Where do I get the Porter again?

      Delete
    2. When I move to Elfland, I intend to take my cross-pollination sims with me. That's what's cool about the Porter. You should be able to take a good dozen households in a single Porter file.

      The main page for Twallan's Porter mod is here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter

      Delete
  2. BTW: If you move back to a fresh copy of the same place, you can use MasterController to annihilate all the existing repeat sims and generate a fresh population. When I first moved, I didn't know you could do this, so I moved the 3rd gen Samples into a completely fresh copy Sunset Valley with all the familiar stock characters. That's been fun, since I appreciate those characters more now than I did then :).

    The second time I moved, I wiped out the whole town and ported over the ENTIRE population from my old town. That takes some doing and requires a bunch of Porter files with overlapping households in them. Only for the geeky perfectionist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of the tips! I'll have to see how geeky I want to be... though I could probably get Hubby to do it for me. He's a total computer guy and would probably love the challenge!

      Delete
  3. Nemo is such a cute toddler! It's too bad he is not blue at all, but he is really sweeet nevertheless. Your game really acts weird, probably the move would be a good idea. Although I like having everybody around in your game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at how much Nemo looks like Zeke... the other kids are much more of a combination.

      I'm going to have to look into porting soon. I hope I can figure out how to take everyone with me like Susan suggested!

      Delete