10 April 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 30: Finding Nemo

You know the best part about having parties around here? The food. I swear, we can eat for weeks on just party food. That buffet table we bought a few years ago has more than paid for itself, as far as I'm concerned!

Screenshot-44

I tried to convince Gwyn to eat something nutritious, but she insisted on having cake for all of her meals during this pregnancy. I guess that's a craving? Then again, birthday cake is kind of a staple around here. (A/N: note her relatively normal maternity clothes! I wonder what made her decide to wear them this time around.)

Screenshot-46

Ariel and Sebastian have been getting on as well as ever, even though they're both teens now. Ariel is showing every indication of being a very moody teen, but none of that matters when it comes to her big brother. They're the best of friends. It warms my heart.

Screenshot-52

Having two teens in the house has taken a toll on our shower, though! I find myself fixing it over and over again several times a week. I'd like to work on actually upgrading the shower, but I spend too much time repairing it!

Screenshot-54

I'd actually just finished fixing the shower and sent Gwyn in to inspect it when she went into labor! I feel kind of bad about the fact that Ariel, Sebastian, and I just went about our business downstairs while Gwyn suffered alone in the bathroom, but we honestly didn't even hear her!


Screenshot-71

I have no idea what was going through her mind... she never even let me know what was going on! Both Ariel and Sebastian were born at the hospital. But she decided to have this one at home without any help? Without even telling the rest of us that it was time? Considering how worried Gwyn has been about this pregnancy, I just don't know what she was thinking.

Screenshot-74

I suppose it could have been because this was our last baby and she wanted to just do everything on her own terms, in her own time. I'm kind of afraid to ask, what with all of the post-partum hormones floating around. Either way, she did it! Meet Nemo, our new son.

Screenshot-81

***************
A/N: It's a boy! I'm not sure why Gwyn decided to have Nemo at home when she'd gone to the hospital with the other two, but she could have picked a more convenient room to give birth in! It's very hard to get good pictures in a bathroom. The labor was pretty short, though, and the rest of the family had no idea what was going on for some reason. Also, Zeke reached level 8 of his science career, though I didn't get a picture of that. One more level and he'll fulfill his LTW! Then on to the next generation. I wonder who it will be! I'll put up an informal heir poll later this week, though that still might not make up my mind! I'm so torn.


Outtakes!

Invisible car!
Screenshot-47

Lorali (and Bonni, too) have aged into elders already... how does that work? Zeke hasn't aged up and he's their big brother!
Screenshot-58

The only cool thing about laggy games is the strange transitions! Here is mostly-invisible Gwyn in an invisible shower.
Screenshot-67

Bet you wish you'd gone to the hospital now, eh?
Screenshot-75

I didn't know that newborns got to have expressions, but little Nemo looks very worried about being born.
Screenshot-80

6 comments:

  1. Hee! I'm dying to know his traits!

    Your outtakes were fabulous. I loved the weird invisible Gwyn transition and her fabulous crosseyed childbirth expression!

    Sorry to hear your game's so laggy. Are you thinking about using Porter to put the family in a fresh town? I hear that helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I weeded out some of my custom content and it seems to be running a little better now. I'll probably have to move the family sooner or later, though.

      I really love invisible Gwyn and the fact that the water is only visible within her outline.

      Delete
  2. Yep,me too. Traits please! ;)

    Nemo is a wonderful name for a baby. I'm sad he is not blue like his siblings, because a) that might make him an outsider in the family and b) this would have been even more exotic and fitting for the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for blue, too, but I think he'll be ok just because he's the baby of the family. Both Sebastian and Ariel can't get enough of him so far.

      Delete
  3. That is the most awesome baby face I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the ladies love Nemo and it probably started from birth!

      Delete