06 April 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 29: Change of life

While Gwyn was very worried about being pregnant at her age, life does march on. Shortly after we found out about the new baby, it was time for Ariel's birthday. I think Gwyn was still a little shell shocked, though, and I found her in the garden, just staring into space, when the guests arrived.

Screenshot-20

I managed to talk her into changing out of her nightgown and got her to tell me what had her so worried. Turns out, it was many of the things that I was worried about. This baby was coming so late in our lives that she's worried about all of the things that could go wrong. She's also wondering how much of this child's life we will live to see. I hate the idea of leaving a young child orphaned, but I know that Sebastian and Ariel will do right by their baby sibling even if the worst should happen.

Screenshot-21

Did talking it out and sharing our fears make Gwyn feel any better? I hope so. I think we both feel a little more prepared to handle this change now, anyway.

Screenshot-22

Either way, it was Ariel's birthday party and we needed to focus on making her day a great one! To our surprise, Ariel invited a friend to the party! His name is Terrell and he's a boy. A boy. I don't know if I'm ready for that.

Screenshot-23

Surprisingly, everyone gathered around to watch Ariel blow out her candles! I wonder what my little girl wished for... I might have wished that she could stay my little girl.

Screenshot-32

I think Gwyn is happy Ariel's finally old enough for real "girl" talk, though. I hadn't really thought about the fact that Gwyn went from living with 6 of her sisters to living with just me. She's been missing that kind of girl stuff I think.

Screenshot-37

I have to say, Ariel is a lovely girl. Is it wrong of me to hope that the boys won't notice her? Gwyn says that I'm being unreasonable. She tells me that I want Ariel to find a nice boy who will treat her well. For once, Gwyn is wrong! I don't want any boy even looking at my daughter! I know what they're thinking.

Screenshot-39

************
A/N: Now that Ariel and Sebastian are both teens, I'm going to have to figure out who's going to be the heir. Now that a third baby is on the way, I suppose I should consider that kid in the running too. Hmmm.

Outtakes!

An awkward situation... Lorali with her new flame, who's Gwyn's nephew, and her (literally) old flame at Ariel's party. I can't remember the old flame's name, but he totally crashed the party!
Screenshot-24

More random maternity wear for Gwyn. At least this time it's not a bikini, I guess?
Screenshot-40

Ariel spends a little quality time with Trixi. Ariel really loves ghosts!
Screenshot-41

Ariel and Sebastian got stuck in the garden one morning on their way to breakfast. I have no idea why they went into the garden in the first place, but it took me forever to convince them to come out. I thought it was so weird that they both did it at the same time.
Screenshot-45

8 comments:

  1. Aww, Ariel really is lovely! I can totally understand how Zeke does not want her to be noticed by boys. But I guess there will be no way to avoid that, as she is a pretty girl.
    Can't wait to see who will be heir! But you're right, the third child should be taken into cosideration, which means some more days of waiting. Sigh. But if you decided now and the new kid turned out to be of incredibly interesting character, you would possibly regret your decision. So waiting is fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough. Zeke is getting close to fulfilling his LTW and the new heir should take over after that, but who should it be? The new baby won't even have all of their traits! Then again, if it's the new baby, I'll be able to focus on them very early in their life. It's a quandry.

      Ariel is getting very interesting. I forgot to mention her new trait: cat person. So she's eccentric, athletic, inappropriate and a cat person. Doesn't that just sound like one of those fabulously weird old "cat ladies"?

      Delete
    2. Oooh,that sounds absolutely like a great character :D Right now I think she would even be more interesting than Sebastian. But then again - it could help to at least know the first two traits of the baby. And its hair/skin colour. ;) Maybe you could put up some kind of "inofficial heir vote" after the baby is born, which could work like a simple poll and does not have to influence you at all.

      Delete
  2. Ariel is gorgeous! I am very curious to see the new baby. I agree that it's a quandary whether or not to include the new baby. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post an informal poll when the new baby is born to see what y'all think. I keep changing my mind about who I like best for heir!

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty torn too. They're both great, and they're both terribly cute. Ariel does look like she's collected some really interesting traits, though. I didn't even know Cat Person was a trait! Ha!

      Delete
  3. Oh God, no, the hair, I do not like the hair. But her face is so pretty, and I like the hair color! And her traits are totally weird cat lady.

    Sebastion is awesome, I like him alot. Cooking, painting, playing with his sister, stargazing, he does a lot of interesting stuff. All that and good-looking too!

    It will be wild if this baby turns out to be another wild child. ;)

    You are doing an awesome job with these sims!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, the teenage years are the time to have bad hair!

      Sebastian is such a good sim. He's totally responsible and stable, even as a teen!

      Delete