18 April 2012

Gen 3 Chapter 31: My boy, the doctor

Ok, he's not really a doctor yet. But he's on his way!

Gwyn had a birthday just after Nemo's birth and became the most beautiful elder in town. It's weird to both of us that she's a new mom at her age, and I won't be far behind her in earning my grey hair. We still worry about what will become of the kids when we're gone, but I think they'll be ok. Mostly, anyway.

Things have actually been a little tense around our house lately. Ariel has taken to skipping school, which Gwyn was not pleased to discover.

Screenshot

From what I understand, Ariel didn't even pretend to leave the house after I went to work. She relied on the fact that Gwyn would be exhausted from being up with Nemo in the night. She would just make sure to be quiet and stay on the first floor of the house while Gwyn and Nemo slept upstairs.

Screenshot-4

It wasn't long before Gwyn heard her moving around down there and went to investigate. Gwyn really let Ariel have it! She and I both remember how much trouble Jagger was in his teen years and beyond and we don't want to take any chances with Ariel turning out that way.

Screenshot-5

Unfortunately, when Gwyn told me that one of the kids had skipped school...

Screenshot-8

I picked the wrong one to yell at! Poor Sebastian had no idea what I was talking about.

Screenshot-9

He tried to explain, but it was awhile before I calmed down enough to actually listen to him. I guess I got so caught up in my constant fears of one of them turning out like my brother that I couldn't think straight!

Screenshot-11

He was graduating, not skipping school! Two totally different things. I really am proud of what a good kid he is, I don't know why I flew off the handle like that. And what kind of example am I setting for my boys?

Screenshot-13

It was with all of this drama and grumpiness that we headed into Sebastian's birthday party. We invited our friends and family over, of course, so we all had to be on our best behavior.

Screenshot-17

Sebastian wasn't upset about what had happened, though. He really was in a good mood for his party and made sure that everyone had a great time and a slice of cake. I don't know what I did to deserve such a great kid.

Screenshot-20

My boy is all grown up. Gwyn and I decided to finally give in to his long-held desire to adopt a furry little friend. "Dink" is still a kitten, but he seems quiet and happy... the perfect companion for Sebastian.

Screenshot-41

Sebastian decided to forgo the graduation ceremony and headed off to get a job at the hospital straightaway. Being on the first rung of a medical career isn't the most glamorous place in the world, but I have faith in my boy. Someday, he'll be a world famous doctor!

Screenshot-46
*************

A/N: I know this is a pretty short chapter and not much happens, but I liked the fighting pics too much to not use them. Also, so many weird things were going on that I wanted to get it out of the way! I lost all of my pictures of Gwyn's birthday, which is really annoying. Just *poof* gone! I haven't had that problem in a while. I hope it goes away again! And I don't know why Sebastian got yelled at when Ariel was the one who actually skipped school. It was really weird to see Zeke yelling at him several hours after Gwyn yelled at Ariel for the same thing. Sebastian rolled the clumsy trait for his birthday... I'm not sure that's the best trait for a physician! He wished to go to graduation so I was going to send him through the ceremony, but the game glitched or something and I just kept getting the notice for graduation day after day without there ever being the option for the ceremony. I eventually gave up and just sent him to get a job.


Outtakes!

I might have taken them both a little more seriously if either of them had showered recently.
Screenshot-6

"Ahhh! Don't hit me!"
Screenshot-10

Random party guest thinks Sebastian should stop blocking the way to the cake.
Screenshot-22

Why is he changing clothes in the middle of the party? Sims are weird.
Screenshot-24

"Hey, Sebastian, shouldn't you be heading to bed soon?" "Mom! I'm not a kid anymore!"
Screenshot-36

Should have listened to your mom, Sebastian.
Screenshot-37

7 comments:

  1. Wow. You really got all the glitches in this one! Did Ariel intend to skip school, or was it lag? Ada got the standard "delayed by lag, then lectured by father, making them both very late" scenario.

    I love Sebastian as an adult! There's something about the change from teen to adult faces that is just subtle but cool.

    Your last pics with Sebastian passing out were really funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariel rolled a wish to skip school. She's a very moody teen. There were just so many crazy things that cascaded from that one decisions!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry, but when I read the part about Sebastian being yelled at by mistake, I had to laugh SO hard! Of course it's not funny for him, and it's weird, too.
    Anyway, he DOES make a cute adult. Susan is completely right, that change between teenager and adult is something...well,cool. And he is very handsome,too.
    The cat is so cute! I didn't see it at first,because it's so small, but it's great. In case Sebastian doesn't get heir,he will probably take it with him, won't he? Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Technically, it is his cat and it was his wish, but Ariel has a "cat person" trait. So a case can be made for either of them keeping the cat. Then again, I'd worry that Sebastian didn't have any friends at all if he left the cat behind!

      Delete
    2. ...and could you really do that to him? :( As Ariel is a cat person, she might wish for another one which you could keep.

      Delete
    3. You're right, I could never do that to Sebastian!

      Delete