29 October 2011

Gen 3 Chapter 5: You're Fired!

I just don't know what to do about Dad. He's been spending a lot of time working on his guitar skills, which is good and all, but he's started to ignore his family! I've never known him to be so uninvolved in our lives.


I've tried to talk to Mom about it, without actually letting her know that I'm worried... you know, just casual conversation... but she just tells me that Dad is fine. Then again, she's his other big interest these days so she might not notice much of a difference.


Meanwhile, Bonni was practically alone for her birthday!

I don't think it bothered her too much, though. She mostly just wanted to graduate and get on with her life! She rushed right out and got a job at the same science facility where I work. I would have put in a good word for her, but it was totally unnecessary. She's pretty smart. (Not as smart as me, of course, and still dorky but she'll make a good lab rat!)


Dad felt a little guilty about being out of the house so much, I guess. He usually takes care of a lot of the cleaning up around the house, being kind of a neat freak, and the rest of us are not used to picking up after ourselves. Anyway, he decided to hire a butler to pick up some of the slack! It's kind of nice to have someone cooking good food several times a day, but the collateral damage was a bit much.



Luckily, Lorali jumped in to save the day. She's a resourceful kid, that one.


Later, Lorali talked to me about the need to improve our fire safety systems. Replacing the stove wasn't cheap, so I think she might have a good point!


I really do get on well with my baby sister. I kind of can't wait for her to grow up and join Bonni and me in the science field. She's going to be an amazing researcher.



The butler, on the other hand, I could kind of do without. I mean, the food is great and all, but I'm starting to wonder if she's trying to leave us homeless...


Lorali to the rescue! Again!


Really? Three fires in two days? This woman takes incompetence to a new low.


Though I guess I should be grateful that she at least tried to take care of her own mess this time.


We ended up with a visit from the fire department anyway, though. I guess she's not very good at putting out the fires she sets!


I told Mom that it was time to get rid of this butler, no matter what Dad says. Mom tried to fire her, but she got all offended.


Like it's our fault she's incompetent.


Even Grandpa tried to get rid of the evil butler. And he knows from evil.


After all that, she didn't even leave! It's like she didn't even listen! I wonder if Dad will even come home to take care of this. I'm definitely taking over the management of this household. It's time for Mom and Dad to move into their "cottage" in the back yard.


*************
A/N: Kevin has been spending a lot of time out of the house, but the butler is a total menace! Does Kevin have to fire her for it to take? She's showing no interest in actually giving up the job even after Neli fired her. 

Also, I put the kids up on the exchange if anyone is interested.

Outtakes!

Bonni is thrilled about her birthday, Jagger is uninterested. (Don't the other sims in the room usually at least react? Must be the evil.)

Another unfortunate picture of Bonni.

She tries to burn down the house and then complains that she's not getting enough rest?

Really Zeke? You're the heir! Stay away from the fire!

7 comments:

  1. I don't know about butlers cause I don't have Ambitions (I'm assuming that's what they come with haha) but yeah maybe try and get someone else to fire her.

    Cool, I'll put your sims in town when Dain and Hermione (and any siblings haha - it is a wishacy after all) get a bit older :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, poor Zeke - he really is the man in the house, taking care of everything. Although he is still pretty young and should have the chance to live his life!

    The butler is hilarious :D The poor family really got it bad there. But apparently they made her feel at home so that she doesn't want to leave now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Courtney: I don't have Ambitions either... maybe it comes from Late Night? Kevin's the first sim I've had who wished for one. She's terrible!

    @amhranai: I couldn't believe it when that butler started so many fires in such a short time! I would have been seriously ticked if someone (especially Zeke!) had died in a fire. Zeke has so much to worry about now, and his parents seem to be on permanent vacation all of a sudden! Neli didn't even roll any wishes at all for days, just pretty much did her own thing. It was so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Ambitions, but not Late Night, and I don't have butlers. So I'm going to guess it's Late Night.

    The butler really was a riot! I'm glad nobody got killed. I hope you find a way to fire her.

    That dress Bonni is wearing is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Susan, Thanks! I was particularly pleased with how Bonni's dress came out, but I have no idea where I got the pattern!

    The butler is crazy. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That being the responsible adult thing isn't so easy when it's you, huh Zeke? I hope he can get rid of that menace of a butler before someone dies. I don't have LN, but I've read about them being glitched to hell and back.

    Really enjoying this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That butler really was terrible! How can one service sim cause so much damage?

      Delete