16 October 2011

Gen 3 Chapter 3: Birthday Daze

How sad is this? Mom went off and had a baby right before Lorali's birthday party. Poor kid.


We waited as long as we could, but eventually we just had to start the party without Mom and Dad. Bonni and I tried to make it up to Lorali, but I'm not sure that it worked.


Dad actually made it back from the hospital just in time!


Mom and Uncle Storm showed up for the cake.


Is just me, or does Lorali look a little smug now that she's a teenager?


After the party, I went to check out Jagger. I kind of like the new little man.


In fact, helping out with him might be good practice for if I ever have kids. Plus, I hear that babies are a chick magnet.


Enough already!


I started using the telescope that Dad bought a while ago, between that and the gardening I'm hoping to score a good job in the science field once I graduate.


Apparently, cooking is not my strong suit.


So this is it. My birthday. Today, I get to leave all of the teen stuff behind and finally take charge of my own life.


I hope Jagger doesn't have as lame a childhood as I had. But it doesn't look good.


I spent the day gardening, avoiding my family. Not that they'd throw me a party or anything. (A/N: Because having birthdays in the dark isn't annoying at all.)


Meanwhile, Jagger was having his first birthday!


And Dad was getting OLD!


I'm going for a more mature, intellectual look now that I'm an adult. But still cool, you know?


Dad has apparently decided to embrace the old fogey look.


***********
A/N: I know that there's not a whole lot of story progression here, but the birthdays were crazy! Three of them going on at the same time was not easy to document... if it happens again, I'll do birthday cakes whether they want to or not, just so that I can have a little more control of the timing. 

Outtakes!

Three kids (and counting) and no one used the sand box until now.


VJ came to visit, making the bedroom all glowy.


The weird part was that it stayed that way for days!


Even during the day, whenever anyone was in the room, it turned all glowy.


Apparently, Trixi is still an author.

6 comments:

  1. Although not much is happening, a lot is happening! Four birthdays in one chapter, wow. Lorali sure turned out beautiful, although she kind of looks unhappy. Zeke's new look is..well,very manly,yet cool. Just like he wanted. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I had so much happen, but when I went to write it out it was just all birthdays! Three at once, all over town, was just too much.

    Lorali is "absent-minded" so I think she's mostly just confused and not really unhappy.

    I'm guessing that Zeke would love that you called him "manly, yet cool"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, weird glowy room is weird! And I don't think I've said this before, but I think their hair is really cool, with the purple AND the blue from Trixi and VJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm pretty fascinated by their hair, too.

    The glowy room was so weird. It lasted for at least 3 sim days, not matter how many times I tried turning on and off different lights. It made everyone look so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love Kevin's elder look! It's great to see that Zeke now has a lifetime wish. And I love all the pics of ghostly VJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy when Zeke came up with his LTW. I was so worried that he would age up without having any ambition!

    ReplyDelete