05 November 2011

Gen 3 Chapter 6: Man of the house

Well, the evil butler is still here. She just won't leave.


I talked to Mom and suggested that maybe Dad should be the one to kick her out since he was the one to hire her. Mom said she'd ask him the next time she saw him, though none of us have any idea when that will be!


Bonni says that he stopped by the other day to let us know that he'd mastered the guitar, but then headed right back out to try and make more friends. He's really serious about gaining the Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers reputation around town in his old age.


I guess he witnessed a death recently that made him very aware of his own mortality. I can see his point, though it's kind of annoying that he'd rather be spending his last days with strangers.


Still, it's kind of hard to feel too bad when he looks so happy working on his dream.


Jagger celebrated his birthday with Bonni, Lorali and the evil butler! For some reason, he and the butler get along great.

 

A teenager. He looks like he might be trouble. I wonder if Mom or Dad will step and deal with him now or if it will fall to me?


I have to admit, though, it's kind of nice to have another guy around the house to talk to! Sisters are fine and all, but there are just times when another male point of view is handy. I was particularly surprised when he announced his long term goals, though... he wants to be a Creature/Robot cross breeder too! I guess he does look up to his big brother.


Of course, teenage boys are full of hormones and rebellion. Jagger's already started checking out girls and trying to stay out after curfew!


A couple of days later, Lorali officially became an adult and joined Bonni and me at the science facility.


Jagger stayed out after curfew, again.


At least Mom took care of it this time. Jagger is going to be nothing but trouble, I fear.


And then it happened... Dad came home to hang out with us! He was putting the moves on Mom, as usual, when he started to feel a little strange.


Bonni was the closest to him when he died. She was shocked, to say the least.


Mom was, understandably, distraught.


Bonni was still frozen in shock when the Reaper came.


Then it was over. I guess I really am the man of the house now.


I wonder if Mom will ever recover.


***************
A/N: Kevin didn't make his LTW before he died, which was kind of sad with as much work as he'd been putting into it. He and Neli were actually on their way to Woo-Hoo when it happened. It's sad to see him go. (Though I think this solves the problem I have with the evil butler!)

I can't believe that all four of the kids decided to be Creature-Robot cross breeders! I really wonder what brought that on.

In other news, Jagger's friends above are Patience and Sean! Story progression tells me that Viola has broken up with one boyfriend and started a new relationship. Arvid is still with his older woman. I have a picture of her below, but I haven't managed to catch Viola or Arvid around town yet.

I'm going to be taking a few weeks of hiatus now as I've decided to participate in NaNoWriMo! It will be my second year, though last year's story was terrible I made it to the 500000 word count! I'll still be reading everyone's stories, but I won't have Zeke's next chapter out until December!

Outtakes!

Four kids later and Kevin still panics in the presence of pregnant women.

This is Roki, Arvid's old lady.

Poor Bonni was stuck at the top of the stairs (in Kevin) for the entire death! Can you imagine?

Lorali was there briefly, too, though she managed to stand somewhere else for most of the death. It's just such a weird picture!

Everyone deals with their grief in different ways.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck for the NaNoWriMo! I started myself, but somehow didn't get over 350 words until now :D

    It's sad that Kevin died. :( You really think that is going to help with the butler who will never leave? (That almost sounds like "the one who must not be named"...scary..) Anyway,good luck for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The evil butler left after Kevin died... so I guess they're tied to a person instead of a household? (The more I think about it, the creepier it gets!) I'm going to miss Kevin, though, he was such a nice guy.

    It's day 6 and I've only got 2000 words or so for NaNoWriMo. I really need to get it in gear! Thanks for the luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really IS creepy Oo I'm glad the butler is gone now...never hire one again, you can't know if he ever leaves... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was like, is that Patience and Sean? And it was, haha. Good luck with NanoWriMo, I did it last year, and I don't think I officially 'finished' but it kick started my novel :) I'm not doing it this year, since I only have one chapter of my novel to go! I have got about 2 chapters of book two done as well... so I didn't think it would really work since I'm working on two books at the same time.

    It's really funny how all the kids want to be scientists...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How exciting that you're working on two books (and that you're finishing a novel)! Good luck!

    It is weird to me that they all picked the same LTW. I wonder what it was about being raised by a musician and a spy that caused that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to comment here :).

    Sorry to lose your updates for a month, but good luck with NaNo! I did it one year. I didn't make the word count, but it did become a large fraction of my first novel draft. Since then, I've decided that 50K is just not a target I can make in my current life with job and distractions. Some time I'm just going to cut it in half to 25K and do my own mini-WriMo.

    I'm sorry to see Kevin go. I didn't realize he was so much older than Neli. She's not even an elder yet, is she?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kevin and Neli were about the same age when the got together, but the four pregnancies apparently slowed her down enough that he ended up a lot older than her! She's almost elder at this point, finally.

    NaNo is not going well this year! I overestimated how much the family would leave me alone to write... but there's still hope that I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And here I am tonight! This is where the internet failed me last night, so take two!

    First I have to say that was a creepy and unfortunate place to be for Kevin's death, poor kid. And second, do you write original fic or fanfic for Nano? I'm a huge slash fan myself, and I'm always looking for new stuff to enjoy. Third, I wonder what was up with all 4 LTW's being the same. Weird!

    *Onward*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So creepy to be stuck in a dying sim! Poor Bonni.

      I've done NaNo a couple of times with original fiction (not great fiction, but it's fun to write). I'm considering doing fan fic this year, but I haven't decided on a fandom to write!

      Delete