31 July 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 19: Teenagers!

Trixi here!

Life has been so busy around here with 3 kids that I don't know whether I'm coming or going half of the time. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to lose a ton of pictures... including Neli's birthday! I can't believe they're gone.

So I'll just have to summarize what's been going on since the last time I wrote. Everyone has been working hard on their extracurricular opportunities. I did some bonus catering, VJ won over a new informant, Neli earned extra credit at school and Fi spent a lot of time at the stadium. She attended a game and also participated in the amateur olympics! VJ is so proud that she's following in his athletic footsteps.

Neli turned into a rebellious teen. She completely changed her appearance, got a job at the bookstore and, in the most rebellious of ways, announced her intention of going into law enforcement when she graduates! I thought VJ was going to have a heart attack right there... Of course, Fi immediately announced that she was going to become a criminal just like her dad. So my daughters have basically decided to be sworn enemies... should make family gatherings interesting!

In other news, VJ mastered his athletic skills and was promoted to Super Villain and then to Emperor of Evil in quick succession! He was so excited to reach his long term goal so young, but the red glow does take some getting used to. He's been fascinated by astronomy lately and started naming all of the stars that he discovers after me and the kids.

Which brings us to now! Fi likes to be pretty much anywhere but home these days, spending most of her time at the pool. At least she does her homework before playing.


I wonder about some of the adults there, though... doesn't this seem a little creepy?


I've been so busy since my birthday that I sometimes forget that I'm an elder now... but my energy level certainly reminds me of it! It's going to be time to retire soon, just as soon as I master my cooking skills.


Before we knew it, it was time for Fi's and Storm's birthdays! I'm the one who wanted to have a party this time... my last baby growing up and all. Of course, Storm couldn't figure out what all of the fuss was about.



Isn't he a handsome boy?


Shortly thereafter, it was Fi's turn!


She really does look lot like me, but I can see VJ in there too. As soon as her birthday was over, she went out and got a part-time job at the local day spa... I'm going to have to take advantage of her employee discount one of these days!


Storm asked for a guitar for his birthday and, of course, we got him an easel too. He and Neli seem to have inherited my creative streak while Fi is more athletic and logical, like VJ!


Here are my girls, heading off to school. I'm lucky that they seem to be good friends so far!


For all of her rebelliousness, Neli really is a good girl. We're lucky that she hasn't been too much trouble.


Now that he's fulfilled his career objective, VJ has been taking a little leisure time. He went back to one of his forgotten hobbies... fishing! If I don't keep an eye on it, he'll spend all night fishing after work and exhaust himself.



Me, I'm content to spend my off time with my kids. They're such interesting people.



 

But I knew it was too good to last... pretty soon, Fi started staying out after curfew and skipping classes. I told VJ that he needed to handle it as I'm sure it was his evil influence. I can't believe the cops had to bring her home in the middle of the night! What must the neighbors think.



I'm going to jump ahead just a bit here, to save the drama for my next post (and there was drama, lots and lots of drama). Storm's latest birthday has been a bright spot in a very rough patch and I think it fits in better here.



A house full of teenagers. Why didn't this occur to me when I was having all of those babies!?

*****************
A/N: When I went to upload my pictures for this chapter, I discovered that all of my pictures were gone!!! All of the pics from my previous chapters, all but the most recent pictures. I can't believe that I lost Neli's birthday and VJ's LTW. I have no idea where they went. Hubby can't find them, either. I blame the baby... she's been known to pound on the keyboard.

Things are about to get pretty bumpy. Trixi had an extraordinarily bad day.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds ominous ... Storm turned out well though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. VJ and Trixi made some good looking kids!

      Delete
  2. Such a pity about the pix, but this chapter was interesting. I can't wait to see how the dynamic between the siblings develops. (This is king of fun... being so far behind means I always have something to read)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much good vs evil in that first generation.

      Delete
  3. Aw, lost pics, hmm, was that playful innocence or evil plotting to drive Mommy crazy... :P Just kidding!

    All three of your kids have grown up nicely, on to the drama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids did turn out nice! I hadn't realized that I used that hair for Storm... it's on Sebastian in Generation 4 and Charles over in the Samples legacy, too!

      Delete