10 July 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 16: And then there were five!

Trixi here!

So. We're having another baby! VJ and I are really hoping for a son this time, so I headed right out to the market to buy apples. It might be an old wives' tale, but I figured I'd need all of the help I could get!


VJ was thrilled, and maybe a little overwhelmed, when I told him about the pregnancy. Then again, he was also disappointed because I wouldn't agree to having a party for Neli's birthday. After all, the last party we threw had included two deaths! (We learned shortly after Fi's party ended that our friend Dustin had died on his way home!)


So we opted for a quiet party with just the 4 of us. Fi was too young to really know what was going on, but Neli was so excited to blow out her candles!



I can't believe my first-born is getting so big and she looks so much like VJ! She'll be starting school soon and then there will be friends and homework and dating... She's so friendly, but can be very moody and emotional so I'm sure it's going to be a roller-coaster.


She seems to be taking after me, too... she already wants to write and paint! I can't tell you how much joy I get watching her artistic traits blossom. Though it makes me think we'd better invest in another computer and easel soon.


With a new baby on the way, VJ and I decided to make teaching Fi her toddler skills a priority. I started by teaching her to walk.


Since he'd only gotten the "potty training" lesson with Neli, VJ wanted to be the one to teach Fi to talk. I'm not sure I want to know what kinds of words he might be teaching her, though, considering his career path.


Neli and I have been spending time together painting and talking. I'm so glad to get the opportunity to just hang out with her before the new baby comes and she goes off to school.



I've been trying so hard to finish "Ithaca to Chicago" before the baby is born. I'm so very close and we could really use the royalties that it will bring in. Unfortunately, I only get the opportunity to write when VJ is at work and the girls are asleep! It makes for a very tired Trixi, but I've just about finished it.


Unfortunately, the baby had another idea.


Once again, I'm in labor in the middle of the night, exhausted and alone. At least I'm not as smelly as I was when Fiona was born!


And, in a remarkable departure from tradition, VJ made it home from work before the baby was actually born! I must admit, I was a little thrilled by his panic. I've been through this three times now, it's about time he participated in more than just the "fun part"!


It wasn't long before our baby arrived... a boy! VJ named him "Storm" as he said it sounded strong. My little force of nature.


**********************
A/N: Whew, I hope that's the end of the wishes for children. Trixi was seriously right at the top of the bar and about to finish her novel when she went into labor. She's going to really have to work on her writing and painting skills fast and furious to reach her LTW. Neli is showing every sign of following in her mother's footsteps and I think Fi is going to take after VJ. Now I'm just trying to decide whether to do an heir vote, do an "always firstborn" wishacy or maybe even an alternating heir genders wishacy. Hmmm...

4 comments:

  1. It's about time VJ made an appearance at one of his childrens births!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! He was always conveniently out of the house. Evil man!

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering the same thing for my challenge, how to choose my heirs, I haven't decided yet.

    Yay for a boy, and sharing the birthing panic is always fun. I love getting to know the new kids and seeing what they are interested in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "first born" heir rule lasted until Generation 4 when the second born was kind of a more interesting character! All bets are off now, so it's going to be whichever kid I like best for the second half of the wishacy!

      Delete