03 July 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 15: Death and Life

Trixi here!

Last time I wrote, VJ had just been arrested! He had gone to work exhausted and hungry, so I suppose it was inevitable that he'd make some kind of mistake. It's just so hard for either of us to get enough sleep with two little ones in the house.


To make matters worse, he didn't get anything to eat or any sleep while he was in jail. By the time he got out, all he could manage to do was stumble out of the police station before passing out right there on the sidewalk.



I can't imagine what the cops thought of that, but at least they didn't harass him any more.


I got the kids into bed before VJ got home and we were both able to settle in for a good night's sleep. Finally.


I'm pretty sure that the stress of everything would do me in if I didn't have my painting as an outlet!


Before we knew it, it was Fiona's first birthday! VJ wanted to have a party, of course, so we invited all of our friends over for the big event. It's so hard to hard to find the time to keep in touch with everyone so I'm actually kind of glad that VJ insists on having these parties.


Though I must say, VJ's best friend (Christopher) has really let himself go!


Right in the middle of the party, a crazy thing happened! One of our dear friends, Dorothy, died! Right there in my kitchen! During my baby's first birthday party! I couldn't believe it.


VJ was gleeful, of course, while everyone else watched in shock.


Oddly enough, no one seemed overly upset about it, though. Once she had departed, the party went on as if everything was normal.


I brought Fi in to blow out her candles. It's a little bittersweet, though... no more babies in the house. VJ and I have talked about trying for another (maybe a son?) but we haven't made any big efforts yet.


So now I have two toddlers! Fi seems to have my coloring, though I suspect she has her father's temperament.


Christopher was able to hang around after the party, as usual. It's so much fun to see VJ enjoying himself with his friend. Christopher is one of the few people who isn't constantly annoyed or offended by VJ!



VJ and I were also able to catch a few moments to ourselves while Christopher looked after the girls... if you know what I mean! VJ was so happy about it, he broke out into his patented "evil groove" afterwards.


I just love watching him work out. He's trying to get his athletic skills up for his next promotion, which means he's been hitting the home gym whenever he gets a few free moments.


VJ has also taken up star-gazing. I guess his goal of world domination, or whatever, involves more than just beating people up!


As things have started to settle down around here, I've even started cooking for fun again! As much as my job at the diner stresses me out, I do want to do well and earn more promotions. I also want to quit my job. It seems like one wish should cancel out the other, but it doesn't!


My little Fi is much more demanding than her sister ever was... VJ's influence again, I'm sure.


Still, I can't help but love her dearly. My girls are so amazing, I can't wait to see them grow up!


And now there's going to be another baby!


**********************
A/N: Both VJ and Trixi wished for a baby boy, so I guess we'll work on that! I was hoping that they'd stop at two, particularly since we're not too far from Trixi's elder birthday and I really need her to focus on her LTW!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, Christopher!! Hahaha. And I always thought he was so handsome. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly have no idea what happened to Christopher! It was quite a shock to see him.

      Delete
  2. Christopher!! What have you done to yourself?!?!

    Little Fi seems quite a handful? Cute though :)

    Yay for more babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fi as a handful is kind of an understatement!

      And I was very surprised when Christopher showed up, looking like that. I really wondered what he'd been up to!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I've never seen Chris like that! I wonder what the next baby will be like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've never seen Christopher looking like that in any other game!

      Delete
  4. Ah-hahahahaha, Christopher, cut down on the snacks, man! Isn't he Good? Funny that he and VJ get along so well, but at least he's got a friend. And ticking along like clockwork, the classic 'death at the birthday party'. At least VJ was entertained by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christopher and VJ's friendship always entertained me. Chris really was the only one (other than Trixi) who could stand to be near VJ for any length of time. I was very surprised by Chris' appearance, though!

      Delete