26 June 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 14: Taking the evil thing a little too seriously

Trixi here!

Things have been pretty interesting around here now that VJ is preparing for his big move into the "evil" track of his career. He decided to practice first on Neli! 


It's been awhile since he's had that urge to steal candy from the kids, but I guess he couldn't hold it in any longer. Poor Neli didn't know what to think.


And, of course, it was time for VJ to go to work right after that so it was left to me to comfort our girl and reassure her that Daddy didn't really mean to make her cry.


Even evil-doers have a conscious though (sometimes, anyway) and VJ went right up to apologize to Neli as soon as he got home. I'm not sure he was actually sorry or anything, but at least he could see that she needed him to comfort her.


He really does love Neli and wants to see her grow up well, though, so he got right to work on teaching her last toddler skill. Neli is a fast learner and she was potty trained in no time!


Apparently, VJ hadn't gotten all of the evil out of his system since he decided that it would be a good idea to make fun of me! I was so humiliated and angry with him. I'm trying to be supportive, but it's had to accept the evil side of him sometimes!


To his credit, VJ usually realizes when he's gone too far and does try to apologize right away. I'm just not sure I'm in the mood to forgive him.


Unfortunately, I'm just as much of a sucker for his charm as our daughter and I soon let him weasel his way back into my good graces.


I just can't believe that I fall for it every time!


All too soon, my maternity leave was over and it was time to head back to the diner. I wish I could afford to quit my job, but it will probably take a few more promotions on VJ's part to get to that point. Fortunately, Renaldo is a fabulous babysitter and the kids adore him. It's nice to know that they're in good hands while I'm at work.


I also found out that he's read my book "Bite Me" and that he loved it!


Since the kids were sound asleep when I got home from my first day back at work, I decided to relax and work on my painting while I waited for VJ to get home.


What I didn't know at the time was that VJ wouldn't be home... he'd been arrested and sent to jail!


********************
A/N: Poor VJ! He was exhausted and starving when he got arrested... I wonder if he gets to sleep in jail. And little Fiona wasn't even in this chapter. Hmmm... I wonder if that means my story isn't moving fast enough...

2 comments:

  1. I hope VJ uses the time whilst he's in jail to think about what he's done. He is so like a child it makes me giggle XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is. He always tries to make it up to his girls right after he fulfills his evil desires.

      Delete