12 June 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 12: Remodel fever

Trixi here!

With all of the changes around here, VJ and I decided it was time to buy a car. We've saved up enough from raises and bonuses (not to mention my royalties), to afford a cute little wagon. It's perfect for our growing family.


We also thought that we should remodel the house a bit, considering our growing family. We converted the big office into a master bedroom and took space from that and the kitchen to create a smaller office. I really need somewhere to do my writing, so I'm glad we were able to keep that in the plans.


Here is a picture of the remodel in progress... you can see how we also made the living area smaller and are adding a second floor. VJ wanted a large party space, so we increased the deck space off of the living room. I wanted a smaller, quieter outside space so we kept a smaller private deck off of the master bedroom.


I also wanted Neli to have a place to play so we took some of the original deck out to give her an actual yard. I even splurged on a jungle gym, even though she's too young to actually use it yet! We ran out of money before finishing the second floor, but it's still a fine place to put the kids cribs and toys so I'm not too worried about it. I think this house will meet our needs for a long time now.


Living in a construction zone was stressful, though, especially with a toddler and a new baby on the way. VJ was lucky that he got to get out of the house and go to work!


Still, I wouldn't trade this time home with Neli for anything. She's changing so much so fast... seems like just yesterday she was a tiny baby!


I'm a little worried that Neli will get lost in the chaos of  the remodel and a new baby coming, so I'm trying to spend as much time as possible focusing on her. We spent a whole night just learning words! She's so smart.



Learning to talk has turned Neli into quite a little chatterbox. I love when she tells me stories.


Meanwhile, VJ has discovered that he loves having kids' toys around! He takes "childish" very seriously.


Once Neli learned to talk, I quickly decided to get her walking. I figured it'd be much harder to put in the time once the baby arrived. Lucky for me, Neli is a fast learner!





I just can't help but love the little family we're creating. Neli and I have gotten into the habit of following VJ's schedule, which means that we're up all night and sleep all day! I suppose that will have to change once I go back to work and the kids start school, but I'm not going to worry about that now. Especially since it gives us more time together as a family.



VJ has been getting some great opportunities at work, too! He think he's close to getting a promotion so he's been showing the boss how flexible he can be, For instance, on this night, he got the opportunity to stay late and help count the day's take! I'm so happy that they trust him with something so important. Of course, it means that I get to deal with the cranky, just-woke-up toddler all on my own.


 

Lucky for me, Neli calms down quickly once her diaper gets changed! She really is pretty easy going. I really enjoy those early "morning" moments were we just snuggle and play until we're both ready to face the day.


Now, we'll just head on down for some breakfast and I'll finally take that shower I've been putting off...


Uh-oh.


********************
A/N: Why do the babies always come while VJ is at work?

2 comments:

  1. Look at the hardened criminal playing with his daughters dolls! So cute XD

    I also like the improvements to the house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This house is one big, open box for the most part... fantastic for getting pictures easily!

      I can't help but love VJ.

      Delete