29 May 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 11: Getting busy

Trixi here!

I must say, I'm amazed that such a cute, sweet little creature can cause so much chaos in our household.


Having Neli around is a lot of fun, but exhausting... though being on a different work schedule than VJ is finally paying off. We're able to "tag team" baby care so that each of us can get some rest and food. It doesn't always go smoothly, but we're learning it work it out.





VJ has been great! He got over his stealing candy impulses (at least for now) and really seems to be a natural at the fathering thing.



When he isn't taking care of Neli or helping me around the house, VJ works on his career. He's been working out like a maniac ever since he was offered an opportunity to be part of a study at the stadium.



It worked out in other ways, too, so to speak! Besides getting a nice bonus for being part of the study, VJ got promoted to Getaway Driver! He's so dedicated to becoming evil.



We decided to use the extra money on a new refrigerator! Since I love spending time in the kitchen, it's nice to upgrade to appliances that I don't have to worry about.


Though, apparently, we should start upgrading the bathroom fixtures, too!


Luckily, VJ is getting pretty handy with a plunger. I suppose it was bound to happen, what with all of the plumbing problems we have around here.


When I get a few free minutes, I try to work on my writing... I was able to submit a few more chapters of "Ithaca to Chicago" to my publisher.


Sometimes I read or cook, too. It's nice to get a little relaxation in while little Neli's asleep. And, occasionally, VJ and I get the chance to reconnect!




Most of the time, we're too exhausted to do more than fall into bed, but sometimes we're more energetic. When VJ is in a particularly playful mood, he tries to talk me into playing tag with him. Can you imagine? I'm supposed to be a responsible adult now! I'm someone's mother, after all.



We manage to get a few quiet moments here and there. It's been so busy around here that I almost didn't realize how fast Neli's birthday was approaching! VJ brought up the idea of throwing her a party and, while I would have preferred a smaller celebration, I just couldn't say no to him. He loves to party.


We got a surprised just before Neli's party... I'm expecting again! I didn't have any of the usual symptoms this time so we were quite shocked. Happy, but shocked.


Neli's party was a fun time! We invited all of our friends, of course, and had some grown-up fun while the birthday girl finished her nap.



All too soon, it was time for my baby to blow out her candles. I can't believe she's already getting so big!



I think she looks like VJ. I'm so excited to watch her grow up.




************
A/N: VJ and Trixi had simultaneous wishes to have another child. That was so weird! Also weird, they "tried" once and the next morning Trixi changed into maternity wear... no symptoms and hardly enough time. I was kind of hoping they'd just want one kid since that would make the heir choice so much easier!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Neli is adorable! And she has THAT hair!!! Yay XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'd forgotten just how optimistic Trixi was about absolutely everything!

      Neli did look just like her father... Sim genes are so interesting!

      Delete