08 May 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 8: Married life (Who is this person in my house?)

Trixi here!

Wow, so much has happened lately that I hardly know where to start... I'm a married woman! I decided against having a big wedding. I didn't need it and neither did VJ. We had a private wedding on my (our!) back deck, overlooking the ocean.


It was simple and quick and perfect. Kind of like our courtship and engagement!


I'm so excited to have VJ here with me now. He's so sweet, I can't wait to learn everything about him.


Right after the wedding, I wanted to take VJ inside and have my way with him. Unfortunately, I had to go to work instead. Again. Of course.


Inspired by my "art", VJ decided to try his hand at painting while I was at work. He even took a class at the art institute!


I may be a bit biased, but I think he shows real promise!


He also started working out. I can't help but be impressed by his athleticism since I spend most of my free time cooking or reading.


He was still at it when I got home from work so I sat down to read while I waited for him to finish. He was really in a zone, but I started to wonder if there wasn't something on his mind.


As it turns out, he was contemplating a career change and was a little worried about how to approach me about it. He life's dream, apparently, is to become Emperor of Evil! I have to admit, I was a little thrown to learn that the love of my life was evil! Snobby, childish and inappropriate I can deal with, but evil?


VJ is going to quit his job at the book store and become a criminal. It sounds scary and dangerous to me, but I'm doing my best to be supportive. Being the wife of an Emperor can't be all bad, right?


Besides, it's my wedding night and we were ready to make the most of it!




The next morning, I told VJ that I would support him, whatever he wanted to do. It's kind of exciting actually, now that I think about it. I guess there's just something about a "bad boy". And it should give me a lot of ideas to write about!


Speaking of writing, I really should get to work on that romance novel I started! I've hardly made any progress at all with all of the excitement going on.


We had a run of bad luck in the house... I wonder if it has anything to do with the new "evil influence" around here! First, the shower broke.


Then, the toilet broke.


Then, the both the dishwasher and the kitchen sink broke!


 It was then that we gave up... we didn't feel like having them repaired and it was getting a little soggy (and ridiculous) around here so I used my bonus from my promotion (as well as the raise I earned tweaking one of the recipes and learning to make cookies) to replace everything.


Otherwise, VJ and I were really enjoying married life! We couldn't get enough of each other, of course, being in the newlywed phase of our relationship. But we had a lot of fun outside of the bedroom, too! We especially enjoyed playing tag in the middle of the night.


My favorite moments, though, are the simple, quiet ones. The times when we just chat about books or life or our jobs. VJ is working as a criminal decoy now, which doesn't sound very glamorous but is actually quite interesting.


Criminal mastermind or no, VJ still loves to dance. Here he is demonstrating his "evil moves"!


I still love to read, though. And I love a little alone time. I'm just not as gregarious as VJ is!


Speaking of my party animal husband, he decided that we just had to throw a party to celebrate our marriage. I guess the wedding part wasn't important to him, but he missed having a reception. We invited all of our friends over on our day off.


I was so happy to see VJ and Simis getting along! Simis is my oldest friend and I loved seeing him.


Of course, not everyone gets along well with VJ (not even his friends!). I guess that's the price you pay for being evil.


Still, the party was a lot of fun! I spent some time getting to know VJ's best friend, Christopher.


VJ and I got our groove on.


And VJ and Christopher got to do a lot of catching up.


I excused myself to work on my latest painting and give them some "guy time". I get so much peace from writing and painting. I really hope I can make enough in royalties to make a living at it soon.


Being married is a lot busier than I thought it would be, but I think having my life shaken up a little is a good thing!


**********
A/N: I had suspected that VJ was evil, so it was nice to know for sure once he joined the household. They roll wishes to Woo-hoo all the time, but no baby wishes yet. VJ does want to steal candy from a baby though... does that count? :-)

Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

  1. Haha, the wife of an emperor! That's funny!! Can't wait to see how this is going to turn out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trixie *shakes head* You really know how to pick them!! Although that pic of them playing tag was adorable :) How did she not break her neck running in those boots though?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VJ and Trixi really were adorable together. But, yeah, she really did have a thing for the bad boys.

      Delete
  3. Ah, the infamous 'everything in the house will now break at the same time' time, almost as fun as the 'I've got just enough time to (insert action) before going to bed lined up in my que so of course the (insert appliance) will now break and make me stay up to fix it' time. Good times, good times. ;D

    Trixi and VJ are so cute together! *Being the wife of an Emperor can't be all bad, right?* So sweet and supportive! Glad that VJ and Simis got along, does Trixi have any girl friends? She seems surrounded by the menfolk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evil VJ was great, his childish streak certainly helped temper most of his evil anyway. I still think that his presence caused the appliance mutiny, though!

      Trixi never really did have girl friends, come to think of it. Interesting.

      Delete