15 May 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 9: A little work, a little play

Trixi here!

VJ and I are settling into married life. We have opposite work schedules right now, so our time together happens mostly on our days off. Even then, VJ tends to get up several hours before I do.


I really love sleeping in, but I'm sad to miss this kind of show...


VJ tends to check himself out in the mirror a lot. I'm not sure if he's looking for the results of all of his working out or if he just likes to admire himself. I think it's pretty funny, though.


VJ decided to take up fishing to keep himself busy on early mornings. I think he finds it relaxing after all of the evil he does at work. He was even able to make some extra money by selling a few fish at the market.


He still has trouble with his social interactions, though! His evil, snobby, inappropriate side causes all kinds of problems. The only people I've seen him have consistently positive interactions with are Christopher and myself!




We've even started to talk about having a baby. I thought I might have to talk VJ into it but, surprisingly, he was all for it! I suppose he's probably most interested in the "trying" part, but that's ok with me.


 

We decided to start "trying" right then and there... newlywed hormones strike again!




Later, I watched some cooking shows to improve my skills before starting my work week while VJ showed off his evil dance moves. He does love to dance.


He even tried to join me for awhile. I appreciate his interest in my career, but I couldn't help but be a little annoyed that he wouldn't just let me watch my show!


Eventually, though, he shut up and even started to get into the show. It really is nice to spend our days off together.



I guess my dedication to my career inspired VJ to work toward his own promotions. His job is mostly physical at this point so he works out as much as possible.



When I get tired of improving on my cooking skills, I write. I haven't had much time lately to work on my romance novel so it's pretty slow going... but I was able to submit a few chapters to my publisher and they told me it shows promise! Well, enough promise for them to send me some money, anyway. I hope that this will finally be my bestseller.


At night, I dream of babies.


Unfortunately, our "trying" hadn't taken yet. I was a little sad when nothing happened over the next couple of days, but we were having a lot of fun working on it. I kept myself busy practicing my cooking.

 

 It totally paid off, too... I was promoted to Pastry Chef!!!


VJ had his evenings to himself while I was at work. He practiced painting for awhile...


But eventually decided to head to the cemetery to try to see a ghost. He'd been trying to talk me into going with him but I think it's a little creepy. He had a great time, though. He argued with people and read a book. Eventually, he did manage to see a ghost so he came home pretty happy.


 

Since VJ works in the mornings, I've been spending time working on my own painting. I really want to improve my artistic skills so I can illustrate my novels.


Having our own "alone" time is nice, but I still love it when VJ and I get some time together to chat. He surprised me by waiting up for me one night. He had exciting news... he's been promoted! All of his cardio and strength training are paying off and he's now a Cutpurse!



He was so excited about his promotions and how it meant that there would be more money for starting a family. I love that he's planning for our future! I know that I'm the "family oriented" one in the relationship, but I think he's coming around to the idea.



And so, we decided to "try" again. And again.



Who knows, there may be a little criminal or artist on the way soon.

*************
A/N: They wish to whoo-hoo all the time! I thought I was going to have to use the substitute "try for baby" rule, but Trixi rolled a wish to have her first baby before I went through with it. VJ rolled that wish after they "tried" for the first time. Unfortunately, it didn't take... but I'm pretty sure it won't be long now! Yay for the next generation!

2 comments:

  1. VJ is surprisingly sweet in this chapter. He seems to care for Trixi, but I worry that he won't be able to curb his evil tendencies for long ...

    ReplyDelete