19 June 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 13: And then there were four.

Trixi here!

Now, where was I? Oh yes... surprise labor! Since it was kind of a surprise pregnancy, I suppose that makes sense. So there I was, all alone with Neli while VJ worked overtime sucking up to the boss...


And I hadn't had a shower in days so I was a little ripe. Guess that will have to wait, too!


Luckily, Neli wasn't so hungry for breakfast that she minded amusing herself for a few hours while we waited for her sibling to arrive.


And, after a couple of hours of labor... Fiona entered the world!


I'm so thrilled to have another little girl! It almost makes me forget all of the pain and discomfort. But not quite.


Isn't she beautiful?


VJ, having no idea that the blessed event happened in his absence (again), took his sweet time getting home from work. He even stopped to read a book! I know he thought we were having a regular day at home, but honestly! He had a pregnant wife and a toddler at home!


Of course, the first thing VJ did when he finally did come home was go meet his new daughter.


He really loves having new playmates.


He was so impressed by Fiona, that he went straight into the bathroom to congratulate himself. Like I had nothing to do with it. You'd think I'd get at least a little credit. Or maybe that's just the hormones talking... probably, since VJ told me later that he'd also earned his promotion at work! He's a "Bagman" now and got a bonus (which will help offset what we paid out for the remodel!) and a raise. A few more of those and I'll be able to quit my job and stay home with the kids while I work on my writing! I guess I can forgive him a little self-congratulations, he did have a very good night.

 

After that, I settled into a schedule of going from one kid...


... to the other...


... and back again.


I barely have time to sleep. VJ and I are starting to miss each other.


VJ is pushing toward another promotion at work so he's really been bulking up. I think he's even got another opportunity to be an exercise test subject. It gives him a lot of motivation to get up and work out before work.


I love taking care of the kids, but I have to admit that I was going a little stir crazy after back to back pregnancies!



Neli and I talked it over one evening over breakfast and decided that we should go on an outing. I called for a sitter to stay with Fiona since she was way too little to take out on the town.


The agency sent over Terrance. I chatted with him for awhile to see if I'd feel comfortable leaving Fi with him. He seems like a very nice, responsible young man.


Since it was too dark to go to the park, Neli and I headed to one of my favorite places in town... the Library!


Neli immediately made herself right at home. That's my girl!


I decided to work on my Romance novel while I had the chance, I'm almost 3/4 done now so a couple of more sessions should do it. The publisher still likes it, too.


I love that the Library has a children's room. Neli and I both had a great time on our excursion.


Meanwhile, Fiona and Terrance were getting along famously. I think she really likes him.



In all of the excitement, we completely forgot about VJ's birthday! He became an official adult all alone on a dark sidewalk.


I'm glad that VJ didn't mind, though. He spent an enjoyable time reading quietly before heading home to the chaos.


When he got home that morning, VJ showed off his new muscles and told me that he'd gotten his promotion to Con Artist! He can now officially begin his evil career track.


To celebrate, we danced! We even had a little extra musical accompaniment and an audience.


****************
A/N: Lots of changes going on in VJ's career, I guess I'll have to figure out the evil track now. Trixi is going to age up again pretty soon so I'd better get to work on her LTW! I hadn't realized the age difference between them was so large... she was totally robbing the cradle when she decided to get together with him.

6 comments:

  1. So she's a bit of a cougar, eh?? Well, she certainly picked the right guy, he's looking awfully good from all that working out!!

    Can't wait to see the kiddie growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Trixi and Neli ended up going for younger men as it turned out. Pretty funny!

      Delete
  2. When left to decide their own fate, Sims tend to go for the younger men? Interesting ...

    I agree that VJ is looking pretty fine though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weird part is that the "spare heirs" tend to end up with elders after I move them out. Sims are weird!

      Delete
  3. Two little girls, yay! And OMG, a babysitter that actually took care of the baby? A rare creature indeed. I didn't realize they had a big age gap either, but love is love.

    Enjoying the heck out of this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrance really was the best babysitter I've ever had! He was so attentive!

      Delete