24 July 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 18: No more babies in the house!

Trixi here!

I'm hard at work on my new novel "Cupcakes". It's going pretty well... I think it might be my best work yet, even if it is just a romance novel!


Neli is turning into a good student. She does her homework without any nagging, even when she has friends over after school! I'm sure this won't last (at least one of the kids is bound to be rebellious!), but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.


It's a good thing that Neli is so independent. Fi and Storm have been taking up a lot of my time!


Luckily, VJ and I still get some alone time. I admit, I've been a little worried that he wouldn't be attracted to an old lady, but that doesn't seem to be a problem!



VJ had some excitement at work a couple of days ago! Apparently, he faced off against a secret agent in some kind of extreme cage fight thing. He won, of course, and got a raise and everything. It really inspired him to work on his next promotion... and it worked, too! He's a Sidekick now!


My maternity leave has come to an end. I'm hoping to retire soon, but for now I'm back to the daily grind. I got my promotion to sous chef as soon as I returned to work. I guess all of that cooking practice during leave really paid off!


VJ and I have back-to-back schedules so we only need babysitting for half an hour a day. I think VJ really likes having the alone time with the kids in the afternoon. He and Fi are still practically inseparable.


I worry a little about the unsupervised time that Neli gets now that I'm back at work. I hope she doesn't head down the wrong path as she hurtles toward her teen years.




VJ has been burning the candle at both ends working toward his promotions and taking care of the kids.


Fi and Storm shared a birthday recently! Fi moved up to being a child and Storm is now a toddler. There won't be any more babies in the house (at least until there are grandchildren), which is very sad to me. But watching the kids grow is fascinating.


Unfortunately, my initial apprehension about Fiona's nature proved true. Her first act as a child was to steal candy from her little brother! Storm reached out for a hug from his big sister and was rewarded with tears.



I'm not sure how I feel about having two evil people in the house. (Honestly, I'm still trying to get used to the idea that I married one!) I decided to put it out of my mind and work on teaching Storm how to talk... at least that way he can tell me when Fi is mean to him!



We did a little more finishing of our second floor to give the girls a room of their own. They picked out their own wallpaper and flooring, based on their favorite colors. I think they had a good time working together to decorate their new room! We also finally finished putting in an upstairs bathroom. It will be so nice to have a second toilet and shower in the house.


I can't believe two of the kids are heading off to school now!


*******************
A/N: Things are really picking up now, what with 4 people in the house wishing away. It's kind of hard to keep up with them! Trixi keeps wishing to have another baby, but, luckily, her wish queue is full so I can kind of ignore that. I'm cutting her off considering she's an elder and really needs to get to work on her LTW. 

Also, I think I'm just going to go with first-born being automatic heirs. Less confusing that way. So look for Neli to take over eventually. Assuming Trixi finishes her LTW before she dies, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Fi is really the apple of her daddys eye isn't she ;) Naughty little evil girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two peas in a pod! Apparently, it runs in the family.

      Delete
  2. I like seeing VJ be so close to one of his kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For an evil guy, VJ was really great with the kids and Trixi. He really got into the family man thing.

      Delete