17 July 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 17: Getting older

Trixi here!

The last time I wrote, I'd just given birth to our third (and most definitely last) baby. Storm is a joy, of course, and I'm loving how complete our family feels now. And VJ told me after all of the excitement of the new baby wore off that he'd gotten a promotion! He's a Henchman now, evil evil man.

We've settled into a new routine now that we have a school kid, a toddler and a baby in the house! Neli is a trooper, though, and has been very independent about getting her schoolwork done and entertaining herself. She's been practicing her writing and painting a lot. Her creativity is amazing to me.



VJ has been working hard to earn his promotions, but he's always available to help out with the kids, too. This will be especially handy once my maternity leave is over and I'm back to work. I think VJ and Fiona might have a special bond, they're like two peas in a pod!


And he's such a big kid that he's their best play mate most of the time!


Of course, he adores his new son. As much as he cherishes our daughters, I think VJ really wanted a boy. Someone to pass off all of his manly knowledge or something. I suppose I have the wrong chromosomal makeup to really understand the father-son bond!


All of VJ's help has given me the time to finish Ithaca to Chicago! Finally! The royalties on it will be a big help and bring me one step closer to being able to make my living as a writer. Considering how long I've been working on this novel and how much life has changed in that time, I have no idea what to write next!


I think I'll just focus on painting for a while so I don't have to think about it too much.


Before I knew it, it was time for my birthday! I can't believe I'm going to be an elder. I have a (much) younger husband and three young children... I don't think I'm ready for this! Of course, VJ wanted to have a party for me and invited all of our friends over to celebrate.


I wasn't sure what to wish for when it was time to blow out the candles, though. I have a great family and an almost-successful career as a novelist. I'm on my way to the top of my culinary career. And I'm surrounded by people who love me.


Maybe I should wish for a few more years to actually accomplish my long-term goal of becoming an Illustrious Author!


 I might be old, but I don't think I look too bad yet!


Oddly enough, one of our guests made their way upstairs just to say mean things to Storm! Who in their right mind jeers at a little baby?


 I considered hitting her over the head with potted plant or something, but in the end I just shooed her away and made sure that Fi and Storm were ok. I don't know why we can't have normal friends. (Ok, I'll admit that it might have something to do with my evil husband...)


After the party was over and the kids were all in bed, VJ and I spent some quality time together. It's so rare that we're in the same place at the same time.


I'm really going to miss the family time when I go back to work. I suppose that I could technically retire now that I'm an elder, but I really want to make it to the top of the culinary field! Still, I'm going to milk my maternity leave for all that it's worth!


That's not to say that I'm not working on my cooking skills while I'm off...


And I finally decided to write another romance novel. This one is called "Cupcakes"! I thought that combining writing and cooking might give me a lot of inspiration.


********************
A/N: This is kind of a boring chapter, but there's just a lot of life stuff going on right now. I'm pretty sure that will pick up once the kids get into school and Trixi goes back to work. And she's still rolling wishes to have more babies! I don't think you're allowed to do that once you're an elder...

2 comments:

  1. Trixi makes an adorable old lady :) Also, lol at the inappropiate party guest booing the poor babies! I think VJ is actually pretty sweet ... I bet he doesn't let his colleagues know that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VJ is not nearly as evil as I thought he'd be when they first got together! Sure he's mean sometimes, but he makes up for it in lots of ways.

      Delete