07 August 2011

Gen 1 Chapter 20: Changes

Trixi here!

Looking back, I should have known something wasn't right. Shouldn't I? Things seemed so normal, so routine. Maybe that was the problem.


VJ sure didn't lead me to believe that anything was missing from our relationship. On the contrary, he could barely keep his hands off of me most days.


But then I retired. I'd reached as high in my culinary career as I felt like going and I'd mastered my cooking skills. It was more than time to concentrate on my writing. The kids were so excited for me.


We had a little celebration and Fi told me that I should take some time at the spa... freshen up for my new life as a lady of leisure. It was her treat (using her employee discount) and it was fabulous! I've never been so pampered!


While I was there, though, I happened to overhear some women talking about VJ. My VJ... but apparently not mine alone.


I headed home to confront him. I told him that I knew he'd been cheating on me. That I was humiliated. That I couldn't stand that he'd been lying to me.


And he didn't deny it. He just stood there with that stupid, evil glow.


I couldn't help myself. I reached out and smacked him upside the head! I can't believe I hit him! I can't believe he let me!


We argued most of the night. He eventually apologized, though he never did explain himself. Not that it matters, really.


He said that he felt guilty, that he never meant to hurt me. I'm pretty sure that he actually just never meant for me to find out. I can't believe I've been so stupid. I wanted to ask him just how long it had been going on... if this was why he never made it to the kids births (except for Storm, and he almost missed that one too) or some of their birthdays, but I'm not sure I really want to know. How many other women have there been? Is this what it is like to be married to evil?


As if that wasn't bad enough, our kitchen caught fire! Right in the middle of our "discussion"!


I'm not sure which kid was cooking before heading off to school... but they obviously forgot to finish what they started!




Eventually, the fire department showed up and put out the fire. We only lost the one corner of the kitchen, luckily.


Of course, I wasn't going to let myself be distracted by a little thing like the house almost burning down... I started right back up yelling at VJ for betraying me.


He tried to suck up a little, but I was having none of it. I'm just not sure what to do now.


Even Raynoldo, our former babysitter, came over and yelled at VJ! I guess the news traveled around town pretty quickly. I was secretly quite pleased that people seem to be on my side. VJ has so much influence around here, being the major crime lord.



VJ just decided to go out partying. He and Christopher hit the town, staying out all night and getting into all kinds of trouble. Not that I care anymore.




I just wish I knew what to tell the kids. Neli and VJ had a strained relationship as it was... now she totally hates him. Storm and Fi are still trying to process what is going on, but they've heard more than enough from their friends around town.


I've toyed with the idea of kicking VJ out, but we honestly need his income... at least until the kids move out and I can manage with a smaller place. What am I going to do?

*****************
A/N: I have no idea where this came from! Trixi came back from the spa insistent that she had to confront VJ about cheating. And then she slapped him! Then there were many wishes to be mean to each other so their relationship is totally at an all time low which neither of them want to fix. After the fire, VJ even wished to see "the fiery ghost of Beatrix"! They've both been wishing on and off to break up, but the wish boxes have been full at those points and I haven't had to go through with it. Crazy days. 

8 comments:

  1. Hey DragonWife, I don't want to clog up your old posts with comments, but I just gotta say, what a cad!! I can't believe VJ did that to Trixi! >:-( Also, all the kids are cute, but Fi is really striking...I love her hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! Thanks for reading!

      I was really surprised by the whole cheating thing. I know now that it's because of some previous relationship that wasn't completely broken off before Trixi and VJ got married, but it was totally out of the blue! It was horrible!

      Delete
  2. Some sims really like to shake things up and do their own thing! Poor Trixi :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so unexpected and sad! I'm biting my nails now. I hope they manage to work things out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so out of the blue that I didn't even know how to handle it. It made for great drama, but Trixi and VJ had been so happy together up to that point!

      Delete
  4. Oh no, that evilness rears it ugly head. Since it's a wishacy you can't fix it unless they roll wishes for it, right? I'd be going insane about it! Was he really stepping out on her or was it EA fail worrying about past romances?*runs to next chapter*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those past romances glitches, but I didn't know that at the time. I had no idea where the whole thing had come from!

      No fixing things unless there's a wish. It made for a tragic end to what was a very sweet romance!

      Delete