21 August 2011

Gen Chapter 22: Death becomes us

Trixi here!

I had another computer malfunction and lost a bunch of pictures, which is really sad because some really big stuff happened around here lately!

First off, VJ managed to improve his relationship with both Fiona and Storm... though Neli remains elusive. I can understand how betrayed she feels, though I can only imagine how difficult it must be for her to face her co-workers when her Dad is the Emperor of Evil.

I started writing again and finished my romance novel. After that, I decided to go in a different direction and wrote some Sci-Fi ("Die! Evil Warlord!") and mystery ("Who killed the Emperor?"). I guess you could say that I was able to work out a lot of my inner turmoil through my writing... I've been pretty much ignoring the whole family to master that skill and achieve my goal of being an Illustrious Author! I can't believe I finally did it! As an added bonus, I can officially make a living as an author now... not that it matters to an old retiree in her last years.

Fiona and Neli are moving quickly up the ranks of their chosen professions. Storm graduated from high school and has decided to get by on his guitar skills and charisma instead of getting an actual job. I'm not sure how I feel about him essentially being a talented drifter, but I have hope that he will turn out ok.

VJ randomly decided to take a side job fixing Christopher's stereo. I'm not sure what possessed him to try it, he's handy with plumbing but has never done much with electronics. The kids and I were all asleep when we heard a horrible sound and rushed into the study to find VJ shot through with electricity! He died right then and there, before we could consider reconciliation and without ever reaching old age. It seems kind of sad that the Emperor of Evil was taken out by an old stereo and not one of his numerous enemies. The kids and I were distraught... well, except for Neli, who mostly just seemed bored. VJ and I may have been estranged, but I discovered that I did still love him and grieved intensely.

After his death, I spent most of my time reading and sleeping. Neli continued on with life as usual, working hard to earn her promotions.



Storm continued to be a suffering musician... thought the suffering was mostly on my part, wondering when he was going to get a job and contribute to the household.


And Fiona went and got herself arrested! I hope her jail time will convince her to at least be a little less careless about her criminal activity!


And then, late one night after a nice nap, it was my turn.


I wonder if VJ and I will get along better now.


I watched as Fiona and Storm grieved my passing. I feel so guilty for leaving them, even though they are adults with lives of their own to live. I will miss seeing my grandchildren born (assuming any of my kids ever gets around to having children). I will miss seeing what Neli's, Fi's and Storm's lives will become.


I watched as Neli did the only thing she could think of to make life with her shiftless brother and criminal sister bearable...


She moved out.


***************
A/N: I can't believe I lost more pictures! Not even my computer geek hubby can figure out where they went. It would be weird for things to just delete themselves, but who knows. I'm sad that I lost the pics of Trixi making her LTW and, especially, the ones of VJ's death. Neli looking bored while everyone else carried on about it was just too funny. On the other hand, it certainly wrapped up Trixi's story quickly! Next up, Neli takes over.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you lost the pics of VJ's death! I'm sorry that they didn't wish to patch things up, but Fabian and Zahra didn't either. I don't know if there are any wishes to fix things with a cheating spouse. That doesn't seem fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad to lose those pictures, they were the best! Neli was just so unfazed by the whole thing.

    The cheating thing sucks! There really should be a reconcile option, but I never could get them to have positive interactions (aside from playing tag, oddly) and then VJ up and got himself killed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was certainly a sudden end! But a great generation full of lots of drama!! What's next???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! A lot happened in this chapter ... computers are brilliant when they work, but it sucks when they break and lose stuff :(

    The founders are gone ... and VJ was so young too. Neli hasn't exactly had the greatest of starts so far so lets hope she finds some happiness now she's moved out on her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sad to lose those pictures, particularly the ones of VJ's death. I still miss him and Trixi!

      Delete
  5. VJ died! And then she did! So sad. :( Some love stories just don't have a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did have a tragic ending. I wish that they'd had a chance to reconcile, but it just wasn't in the cards for them.

      Delete