26 February 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 32: Grandpa Zeke

Having a baby around is fun! Yeti is a dear, even though she cries.

I finally decided that enough was enough with this whole marriage thing. It's now or never! I told Blu that if he didn't marry me immediately, I was never going to change out of these ugly maternity clothes.

Screenshot-129

Of course, the whole thing had been his idea in the first place so he was all for getting married. Plus, he hates people so he was happy to get out of having anyone else around for the wedding.

Screenshot-130

I'm a married woman! And a mother! How cool is that?

Wait. How did any of that even happen?

Screenshot-131

Blu and I celebrated our marriage in the best way possible... by working out together!

Screenshot-133

Meanwhile, Dad and Yeti were bonding. He spent all day in the nursery with her, snuggling her and seeing to her needs.

Screenshot-136

That night, he rocked her for hours while they both dozed. It was like he didn't want to ever put her down.

Screenshot-137

I think it's because he knew what was coming.

Eventually, he gave Yeti one last kiss and put her to bed.

Screenshot-138

Then, he was gone.

Screenshot-139

Screenshot-140

Screenshot-142

Dad has gone to be with Mom, as it should be. He never really recovered from Mom's death and was more than ready to cross over to her.

Yeti slept through the whole thing, but Blu and I are in mourning. There have been so many changes around here lately. And now it's just the three of us.

Screenshot-145

Well, four if you count Nova. She's been such a comfort. (And I refuse to count BOB... he couldn't even be bothered to grieve for Dad, supposedly his best friend?)

Screenshot-146

********
A/N: RIP Grandpa Zeke! This chapter made me so sad. I'm really going to miss Zeke. I went back and added it up: Zeke's been around for 79 chapters (his birth chapter was posted in September of 2011)! He was 126 when he died. But I'm really glad that he got that day with his granddaughter before it was his time to go... maybe that's what he was waiting for. Also, Blu had two marriage wishes locked in (one to get married in general and one for Ariel specifically) and Ariel had one (FINALLY!), so I made them exchange vows as soon as Ariel got back from the hospital. I then used Blu's points to change his LTW from Perfect Aquarium (which just wasn't going to happen given Ariel's aversion to water) to Superstar Athlete. I think it suits him well and he's already on that career track.

Outtakes!

Ariel likes looking at Blu.
Screenshot-132

IT'S EATING THE BABY!
Screenshot-135

I think Zeke's death interrupted Blu's plans for his wedding night...
Screenshot-143

9 comments:

  1. Nooooooo....! Poor Zeke. I can't believe he is gone now, after hanging around forever. Hopefully Ariel and Blu (and Yeti) can deal with this together.

    Also: bwahahaha, perfect aquarium as (old) LTW :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine Blu trying to collect and keep all of those fish with Ariel's phobia? I just couldn't do that to her.

      Zeke has been around forever! I don't know what to do without him!

      Delete
    2. Actually, that could also be a lot of fun! Ariel repeatedly warning him about water...^^

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow. This really was so sad! I got stuffed up for a moment. I was starting to think that Zeke was glitched and would never die. And now he's gone, and I miss him. Dear old creeper.

    I almost fell over laughing at the first lines. Brilliant comic timing about the maternity wear :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was half convinced that Zeke really was never going to die, and then it got to the point that I kind of didn't ever want him to! He's off to creep the spirit world now.

      Delete
  3. This was so sad. You portrayed his death really well! He must have been hanging on until his little girl got married ... he wanted her to be taken care of. RIP Zeke ... time to perve on young men in the afterlife! Zeke as a ghost? What a scary thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was like he was hanging on to see Ariel get married and spend a day with his granddaughter and then *poof* he was ready to go.

      But I can only imagine how creepy he can be now that he's a ghost! He can go anywhere and watch anyone!

      Delete
  4. :( Bye, Zeke, I'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete