12 February 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 30: Goodbye Mom

Just after Blu popped the question, we heard a commotion coming from inside the house.

Screenshot-82

Screenshot-83

Dad was devastated. Considering he was so much older than Mom, we all assumed that he would go first!

Screenshot-85

Screenshot-86

Mom was pretty chill about the whole thing, though. She almost looked... happy?

Screenshot-89

I guess she was ready. She'd lived to see her first grandchild born and everything.

Screenshot-90

I didn't get a chance to tell her about my baby or that Blu and I got engaged, but I like to think that she knew. Nemo and Kari got engaged, too, so all of her kids had found love and settled down. I guess Mom was just done.

Screenshot-91

Nova took it really hard. We couldn't get her to leave Mom's urn for the longest time.

Screenshot-92

Between Nova and Blu, I'm not sure who was having the hardest time.

Screenshot-93

But I kind of think it was Blu! I had no idea that he'd bonded with my Mom so much, but I guess he must have.

Screenshot-94

Dad's heart was the brokenest, though. Like Nova, he could hardly bear to leave the room where Mom died.

Screenshot-100

I tried to console him.

Screenshot-103

After that didn't work, I tried to cheer him up by sharing the news that he was going to be a grandpa again.

Screenshot-105

He looked like this.

Screenshot-106

And then he looked like this.

Screenshot-107

I think I helped him feel better! Go me!

********
A/N: The camera autozoomed to Gwyn's death seconds after Blu and Ariel finished getting engaged! I was totally expecting it to be Zeke so it was very surprising to see Gwyn floating in the kitchen. Poor Gwyn never did get to hold a grandchild like she wanted. We'll miss you Gwyn!

Outtakes!

Zeke would like Ariel to get out of the way so that he can talk to Ariel.
Screenshot-101

The "thumbs up" is one of my favorite parts of announcing a pregnancy.
Screenshot-109

I love this... Zeke and Blu are fighting over doing the dishes while grieving for Gwyn. She spent so many "years" complaining that no one would do the dishes that I thought this was a nice tribute.
Screenshot-110

6 comments:

  1. Awww. Goodbye Gwyn! Then again, it's sort of good to know they they weren't immortal. Not so sure about Zeke....

    Your sims always have the best maternity wear.

    I don't recall my camera every auto-zooming to a death. I'm always afraid of missing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember if I've auto-zoomed before or not, but I'm really glad that it did here! I totally would have missed it by watching Ariel and Blu getting engaged!

      I was really surprised that it was Gwyn, though. Zeke is soooo old!

      I just now realized (because the picture is directly above these comments) that Ariel put an upside-down heart on Blu's arm. Right below whatever that creature is. I am continuously finding new bad tattoos on that poor guy! All from one sitting!

      Delete
  2. It's quite literally the circle of life in your case. One life is created and one is ended. RIP Gwyn.

    It's so strange how attached we get to our sims isn't it, and how sad we are when they pass on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They have their quirks and all, but I really do miss them when they're gone!

      It would have been nice if Gwyn could have met her newest grandchild, but she really was ready to go.

      Delete
  3. Noooooo, this is so sad! :( Even though Gwyn was ready to die, it is always hard to let them go. Just like you said - every sim has its bits, but you still miss them once they died.

    It's completely understandable that the household basically broke down for a while. Fortunately the family bonds are really strong, so they can really make this work again. Besides, baby on it's way! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwyn was the most ready to die Sim I've ever seen. I'll still miss her.

      Ariel and Blu are very emotional these days, aren't they? It's a roller coaster!

      Delete