19 February 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 31: Wedding interruptus

I miss my Mom.

I tried throwing myself into sculpting, but it just wasn't the same.

Plus, being pregnant made me hungry all the time.

And how was I supposed to have this baby surrounded by men and robots?!

I need my Mom!

Screenshot-112

BOB shorted out.

No one cared.

Screenshot-114

Blu suggested that maybe we should convert one of the extra rooms into a nursery. I think he was trying to give me a distraction. He's sweet like that. I should marry him.

Screenshot-115

Once he saw the finished project, though, I'm pretty sure that Blu thought that I'd gone completely overboard.

He kept muttering about babies not needing so much stuff.

I think it's beautiful.

Screenshot-116

Dad looks so sad these days. He tries to be excited about a new baby in the house and the wedding, but he misses Mom so much.

And we heard from Nemo that he and Kari called off their wedding. I don't know what happened there, but it didn't help any of us feel better.

Screenshot-118

I decided that we all needed to get out of the house.

It's hard to find anywhere in town that doesn't have water, though.

So we ended up at the local cat jungle. We brought Nova with us, of course. Poor kitty needed to get out of the house, too!

I like that Blu wears his shorts everywhere. My soon-to-be-husband-slash-baby-daddy is hot!

Screenshot-119

I started to think that maybe we should just exchange our rings right there, and not just so that I can call him something shorter than soon-to-be-husband-slash-baby-daddy.

It was just us and Dad and Nova. We were in a place safe from water. And there were lots of cats running around. Blu and I both love cats.

It would have been perfect.

Screenshot-121

Unfortunately... it was "time"!

Screenshot-123

We were all saddened that Mom was going to miss out on the event.

Then I went to the hospital all by myself. I hope that the rest of them can find their way home!

Screenshot-125

I wanted to name my baby something that would honor everything that my Mom believed in.

Introducing... Yeti!

Screenshot-126

********
A/N:The 5th generation arrives! And I didn't even have to force the issue with Ariel and Blu... I can't believe it! Yeti's rolled traits are: slob and eccentric. I don't think I've had a slob around for awhile, but I'm glad that she inherited Ariel's eccentricity. And this is the first time in this whole wishacy that we have an actual grandparent still living! Zeke is 125 now. Crazy.

Outtakes!

I just cringe every time I see the tattoos that Ariel gave Blu. I'm torn between wanting to fix them and leaving them just the way they are.
Screenshot-117

Ariel brought Yeti home and put her to bed.
Screenshot-127

Ariel and Blu have some borderline domestic violence idles!
Screenshot-128

12 comments:

  1. Yeti! That's a creative name for a baby! Then again, this is Ariel. Maybe Yeti will be an inventor!

    I have to say that I thought Slob was one of the least interesting traits, but it has grown on me a lot :).

    Did Ariel actually start the wedding and then go into labor? Or were you just planning to do it?

    I had the exact same glitch putting the baby in the crib. I don't think I snapped a pic of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Yeti was a fitting name for Ariel to pick, too. And that Gwyn would have approved!

      I haven't played a slob before, but I'm curious to see where that goes! An eccentric slob could get pretty gross.

      Ariel and Blu actually started the wedding before she went into labor. The "it's a wedding" pop-up came up and everything. Then they started at each other for a while before the wedding interaction cancelled and labor began. Very weird. It would have been nice for them to get married with Zeke presiding over the ceremony.

      Delete
  2. Yeti! I agree with you. There isn't any way that Ariel would ever choose a conventional name, so Yeti is actually perfect. As for her being an eccentric slob; I can just imagine her spending all of her time at the inventing tale and getting so lost in her own head that she doesn't feel the need to shower!

    Don't fix Blu's tattoos. It's a sign of Ariels affection for her beau. I can't imagine her inking anything else. The freezer bunny every time!!

    I hope Zeke is still around when they finally tie the knot. Has Ariel wished for the marriage herself yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to think that she'd make a good inventor... good to know! It will be interesting to see what other traits she adds as she grows up.

      I'm still amazed that Blu let Ariel give him those tattoos and didn't ever complain or get a negative moodlet from it!

      Ariel refuses to wish for marriage. If I left it up to her, she'd be a childless single woman for the rest of her life! But Blu wanting it is good enough for me.

      Delete
    2. It's Eccentric. That trait is aptitude for the Inventing skill.

      Blu's wish is totally valid.

      Delete
  3. Yeti? Oo (being the third person to start her comment with this word...^^) Wow, that is extremely unusual. Fitting Ariel's mind pretty much, maaaaybe being a tad TOO unusual even for her? I wonder what she looks like later.

    When I read the chapter title, I was afraid that Zeke was going to die now, as well. Glad to see he is still around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeti is a very unusual name... I'll bet that it drives Zeke nuts! He never was a free spirit like Gwyn and Ariel.

      It is nice to actually have a grandparent around, even if he is senile and a little creepy sometimes!

      Delete
  4. Welcome baby Yeti! That's so exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the pace that Ariel rolls family related wishes (which is pretty much never), I wasn't sure there would even be a generation 5! I'm so glad that I added Blu to the household to kind of force the interactions.

      Delete
  5. Aww, Yeti! I love her already!

    I have just been sitting here at work trying to catch up, saying "just one more" over and over....for about two hours now. If I wind up losing my job, I'm going to come live in your yard. It's big enough where you won't even notice!

    Anyway, I've really been enjoying catching up, and I can't wait to see what Yeti gets up to, or how the rest Ariel's life turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sob. This is too close to my life.

      Delete
    2. We can be yardmates in DragonWife's yard!

      Delete