24 September 2011

Gen 2 Chapter 5: Baby Baby Baby

I sometimes wonder if I waited too long to have a family... for as much as I love my husband...


... and my baby...


Occasionally, I just feel the need to get out!


I know I've said it before, but I'm so lucky that Kevin is very understanding. He loves staying home with Zeke so that I can have a night out to recharge my batteries!


Being around other grown ups just makes me feel so much better!


And I know that Kevin appreciates how much better I feel after a little time off!


Before we knew it, it was time for Zeke's first birthday! I was so mad that I got called in to work and had to miss it.


By the time I got home, my baby had become a bald-headed toddler! Judging from his eyebrows, though, I think he might have my mother's (and brother's and sister's) hair!


Zeke has entered toddlerhood with a lot of attitude and a thirst for knowledge.



I soon got the impression that we should teach Zeke the basics sooner rather than later.


After another double shift and a newly discovered pregnancy, I was so exhausted that I passed out right there in front of the office!


Kevin was thrilled by the news that another little one was one the way.


He certainly takes his family oriented traits to a whole new level.



But I just can't help but love him for it.


I love the way he loves our family!


I think that Zeke will be a great big brother. I hope he doesn't feel displaced by the new baby, though!


And then, one night, while Kevin was grilling on the patio...


I felt a familiar pang. I heard my mom talk all the time about how my dad was never around during my sister's and my births because he was at work. Apparently, Kevin has decided to continue that tradition by choosing dinner over childbirth! Not that I can blame him, I'd much rather have a hot dog too.


Soon enough, our new daughter entered the world! We named her Bonni and it was love at first sight!


Of course, I made sure to pay special attention to Zeke to make up for ignoring him during my labor.


Life is good.


Life is busy.


And life goes by too quick! Too soon, it was birthday time.


Bonni is a beautiful toddler who takes after her father quite a lot. And they adore each other.


Having two toddlers in the house is particularly chaotic. I have to keep reminding myself that this stage won't last very long.


And the fun times definitely outweigh the... less fun... times.


Just before Zeke's birthday, we got the surprise news that there was a new addition on the way! I was about to have a household that included an infant, a toddler, and...


... a very serious little boy. (I'm pretty sure there's a party animal lurking beneath that dour expression, though, just waiting to come out!)

*****************
A/N: Here's hoping they lay off the baby wishes for awhile. I wasn't sure this one had taken, though, since there wasn't any puking! Things get weirdly interesting in the next chapter...

9 comments:

  1. Woot! Looks like you have a good three heir options, but wow was it a good idea to finish her LTW before starting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good chapter! Ahhh it's so funny how once the sims have one kid, they want more, and more..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwww, Bonni is so cute! And Zeke's hair looks really funny. I am curious to see if there really is a party animal beyond that serious facade. And now we even have a third baby on its way - wow! If Penelope was already a little overstrained with ONE kid, how will she cope with three little ones then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Susan: No kidding! Back to back pregnancies take up a lot of time! I decided during my first generation that I'd just do a "first born as automatic heir" legacy, which makes it easy to carry on the story and focus on them from the beginning but also leaves a lot to chance! What if I don't like them? Luckily, Zeke is pretty good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Courtney: What is with that? Neli never actually rolled the wish to have a child the first time, that was all Kevin (lucky for my legacy he wanted one!), but ever since it's been one wish after another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @amhranai: Neli seems to be settling into motherhood now that she has another baby, but it was pretty tough on her at first. She kept wanting to visit different community lots. I think Zeke is a little nerdy, but there's hope for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason, I failed to subscribe to the comments here, so I didn't know so much conversation had gone on.

    I've been kind of avoiding rules because I want to do whatever seems most fun at the moment. OTOH, so far, all my heirs have been firstborn. I've been thinking hard about putting up an heir poll for the Gen 4 heir. I think it would be fun to have a poll, but then I don't know if I want to abide by it! Ha!

    Amhranai did a sort of informal poll. Maybe I'll do that :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Neli is making up for lost time with all the baby wishes! Zeke is a gorgeous little boy with his dark skin and red hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy, Neli and her baby wishes. If I recall correctly, they went well into elderhood... far beyond her fertile years!

      Delete