18 September 2011

Gen 2 Chapter 4: Just call me Mom!

So Kevin and I are going to start a family... unfortunately, I got called in to work before we could actually get anywhere with that. I was so exhausted after pulling what amounted to a triple shift that all I wanted to do was sleep when I got home!



Luckily, Kevin was very understanding. And I totally made it up to him the next time we were both home and awake at the same time!



Sure enough, I soon felt the symptoms of a little heir on the way!


Unfortunately, pregnancy apparently makes me absent minded and I set the kitchen on fire when I left the stove unattended during a bathroom run! (I don't really think I should share with Kevin that I almost burned down my mom's kitchen when I rushed off to school in the middle of cooking back when I was a teen!)


I tried to explain to Kevin that it was an accident but he was very upset about the whole thing. He wouldn't even wait for the fire department! He just rushed into the fire to try to do... something... I have no idea what he was thinking.


He got a little singed, but I was so happy that he hadn't gotten himself killed before our baby was even born that I didn't mind too much.


Shortly after the fire, I went into labor!


And Kevin just sat there eating his waffles!


And, then, our baby was born. It's a boy! Kevin and I decided to call him Zeke. Kevin says it's a "rock and roll" name, but I just think it's cute. I can already tell that my boy will be a genius!


Kevin can't seem to get enough of Zeke, either. He's been wishing for a son for such a long time!


And I have to admit, having a baby around is a pretty amazing thing.


In all of the excitement, we totally forgot to celebrate Kevin's birthday!


I made it up to him by putting Zeke down to sleep early and inviting my very understanding husband to spend a romantic evening stargazing. Life is good.


********************
 A/N: We have a 3rd generation!

11 comments:

  1. Yay, Generation Three is born :) Zeke really is a cute name. Where did you/did they get it from? I haven't heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandfather on the tv show "Parenthood" is named Zeke and it just popped into my head when the baby was born. (I haven't actually watched that show in over a year as we got rid of cable, but apparently the name stuck in my head!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! I'm all caught up!

    I'm looking forward to getting to know Kevin. I thought you did a nice job of giving us a sense of how Neli's personality is different from Trixi's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice chapter! Got a little worried there when I saw the fire I thought somebody was going to die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @CourtneyHelen: Oh, I know! I was so worried when Kevin jumped into the fire that it would be the end of him!

    @Susan: Thanks! It's nice to know that I was able to give them different "voices"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for explaining about the name! To me it sounded arabic or something like that, having a special meaning - I really didn't think of a TV show ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, now I'm curious so I looked it up!

    Zeke comes from Ezekiel and is Hebrew in origin. It means "God will strengthen".

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it really HAS a special meaning! I like that! (Thanks for looking it up ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! 3rd Generation on the way :)

    I love the name you chose, but then I seem to have a weakness for the Biblical/Hebrew sounding boys names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Zeke was such a cute baby! It's hard to remember now that he's an elder.

      I'd also forgotten about Neli setting things on fire early on.

      Delete
  10. I meant to say 3rd generation is here ... too early in the morning for me to concentrate properly

    ReplyDelete