04 September 2011

Gen 2 Chapter 2: Getting on with it

I've been pondering my life... am I alone too much now that I've moved out of the family house? Am I making a mistake concentrating so much on my career? Am I letting Mom down because I haven't produced an heir to the legacy yet? Will anyone even want me now that I'm old and wrinkly?



I've been chatting up a lot of people lately, mostly as part of the job. I question them, I learn things about them, I write reports.


But am I being too impersonal? How will I know if I've made a connection when I don't even know what it feels like?


My parents had a storybook romance, at least in the beginning, like lightening striking according to Mom. Should I wait for that? Has it already happened and I missed it?


I decided to think about it over some ice cream. I've met so many people over the last couple of days... do I have enough in common with any of them to start a relationship?


I put my Triple Agent analytical brain on the question and decided that it was time to take charge. I invited Kevin over. We met in the park the other day and seemed to have a lot in common.


We chatted well into the night. He and I were so comfortable with each other and the conversation flowed naturally.


I also discovered that Kevin is a great kisser!


The next day, I invited Kevin over again. I was so happy to see him and realized that I wanted to be with him all of the time.


I decided to take a chance...


I didn't know if it was too early in our relationship, after all we'd only met a few days ago, but I couldn't help myself.


I must not have been too far off, though, because Kevin agreed to get married before I'd even finished asking him!


We immediately invited our friends and family over and set up the side yard for our wedding. It was very casual and romantic all at once.


As Kevin slipped the ring onto my finger, I couldn't help but wish that my parents had lived to see this. It was one of Mom's dreams to see us all happily married.


I was happier than I've ever been before! I even forgot about my mid-life crisis for awhile.


After cutting the cake, I anticipated what would come next.


Our wedding night...


I can't wait to see what other talents my "great kisser" husband my be hiding!


******************
A/N: She just wouldn't roll any social wishes, so I started having her question everyone as part of her job just so she'd have to meet people. Once we found someone with whom she seemed to have a lot in common and also seemed to like her, I used my "free day" to invite him over and get the ball rolling. Everything between his first visit and the actual wedding was part of the free day... but at least she was willing to go through with it once my controlling time was up!

11 comments:

  1. I've just caught up with this and I really like it! I love reading other people's wishacy's and you write very well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! Letting the sims make all of the decisions is so weird at first, but it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it was very weird for me at first! But now I wouldn't play the game any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy fast nuptials!!! But I guess we don't have to worry about being heirless now! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I only had so many Sim hours to get her to that point! Neli is not the most social of Sims...

      Delete
  5. Aww Neli has finally found someone ... time to get cracking on babies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite difficult to get her to that point, but she was very cooperative once I forced Kevin on her!

      Delete
  6. Yay! I'm hoping for the best for these two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neli and Kevin are so cute together, for being in an arranged marriage!

      Delete
  7. Wow, kudos to you playing this challenge, I would be stark raving insane. Did she roll a wish to move out or is it permitted for the new heir to move? Kevin looks very nice, can't wait to see what he's like. And babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neli didn't roll a wish to move out, but I've decided that I can move them once per generation (or if the game gets super glitchy) without a wish. Since they have such different personalities, it makes sense for them to find their own space, tight?

      Kevin was so sweet. I'm glad that they both agreed to go through with the marriage!

      Delete