19 March 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 35: Bumbling

Blu finally came home, after partying all night and who knows what all. He looked tired and hung over. He skipped work and passed out in the kitchen.

Ha! Serves him right!

(I have to admit, though, that older Blu is still hot. Just don't tell him that I said that!)

Screenshot-101

He obviously wasn't feeling well and needed some peace and quiet to get over his headache.

So I decided to sculpt! Loudly! With hammers!

Screenshot-105

All day and into the night. I made a toilet. And when that was done, I started in on a new sculpture. I think the act of beating on wood calmed me, though. I started to feel better. I was calmer than I'd been since Dad died and I even decided to forgive Blu. Our grief and all of the changes had piled up on both of us so I couldn't really blame him for everything.

Screenshot-108

Then it hit me.

Screenshot-110

Again and again and again!

Screenshot-112

Alone, in the backyard, I gave birth to our second child. The boy child that Blu wanted!

Screenshot-114

Meet Bumble. Isn't he beautiful?

Screenshot-115

He's even cuter than his namesake. I think Mom would approve of my abominable name theme.

















But what was everyone else doing while I was laboring in the back yard?

Well, Nova slept through it.

Screenshot-116

And Blu was eating cake. CAKE! Remember how I was all forgiving of him before Bumble was born? Blu's going to have to work a lot harder to make this up to me.

Screenshot-118

At least Bonehilda took good care of my girl. Yeti was clean and fed and happily playing.

Screenshot-124

******************
A/N: Ariel and Blu continue to not be on the same page. They're pretty much in different books altogether at this point! But Bumble might just bring them back together, I hope.


Outtakes!

Ah, Gwyn, you always did love that bikini.
Screenshot-98

Randomly, Puzzle was catching a cab right outside the house one morning. I have no idea what he was up to.
Screenshot-100

Ariel in labor. It almost looks like she's kissing her sculpture!
Screenshot-111

8 comments:

  1. I still hate seeing Ariel and Blu not communicating. But Bumble is adorable, and I LOVE THE NAME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blu and Ariel are driving me nuts. They're hardly ever in the same place! You'd think that Blu would have shown up for the birth of his son...

      I love that Bumble is blue like his namesake. If he's heir, I'm totally going to give him a white beard when he's old!

      Delete
  2. I love that name, too! :) Hopefully Bumble (it even makes me smile to just WRITE IT) will bring his parents back together.The family can't just fall apart now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they settle down soon. I don't think Blu or Ariel realized just how much they depended on her parents for stability!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to join the consensus and say I love the name too. In fact, I'm going to go one further and say I LOVE YOUR NAMING THEME!!!

    Blu is really ticking me off. Grow a pair pal! It looks like he was behaving himself whilst Ariels parents were around, and now they're gone he can start to act like a douche. I don't think he's really like that though. I'm going to hold to my belief that he misses her folks.

    Also, remind me never to make Ariel angry! She can be quite vindictive when she wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that some people weren't sure about it when Ariel named her daughter Yeti, but Yeti and Bumble? It's all coming together now!

      It cracked me up that all Ariel rolled were sculpting wishes as soon as Blu came home exhausted. Not that it actually bothered him, but it seemed fitting.

      I think Blu is throwing himself into a mid-life crisis. Also, I think he started early.

      Delete
  4. He obviously wasn't feeling well and needed some peace and quiet to get over his headache.

    So I decided to sculpt! Loudly! With hammers!

    I'm thinking Ariel has a touch of 'Southern' lady in her. That was so something I've done before, substituting doing dishes and vacuuming for hammering. :D

    Naming theme=AWESOME! You have the best names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariel does seem to have a bit of a cranky streak in her!

      I love the names this generation... so fitting for Ariel.

      Delete