29 January 2013

Gen 4 Chapter 28: Just call me Auntie!

This is a picture of Dad's latest "friend"... Kristain, or something like that. It doesn't matter, we just call him Bucket of Bolts or BOB for short. He's weird and annoying, and not in a good way. I don't know why Dad brought him home.

Screenshot-2

Then again, why does Dad do anything he does these days?

I guess I'll just be happy that he's having fun now and not creeping on Puzzle anymore!

Screenshot-4

Nice hint there, Dad. No pressure or anything.

Screenshot-5

Mom went out to join Dad in the water and he totally ran off to work! Can you believe it? He's super old and they probably wouldn't blame him if he took a day off to spend time with his bikini-clad wife and he totally ditched.

Mom didn't care, though. She was having too much fun. Sometimes I feel bad about my "no pool" rules.

But... no.

Screenshot-7

Look how sweet Blu is! He was totally making waffles for me!

Screenshot-11

Weirdly, I didn't feel all that hungry this morning.

Screenshot-12

Oh well. Nothing that I quick work-out won't fix!

Screenshot-13

Or maybe not.

Screenshot-17

I couldn't think about it, though, because Blu set the kitchen on fire! I don't think that's happened for generations! Us Hodgins are good cooks.

Fire!

And I thought water was dangerous!

Screenshot-20

And look at him acting like it wasn't him... like he didn't do anything...

He's so cool under pressure.

Screenshot-22

Blu let the fire burn until Mom finally showed up and told him to put it out. Really, what was he thinking? He should have put it out long before then. He's supposed to be the level headed one in our relationship!

Screenshot-24

Fire! Panic! Why doesn't Blu panic?!

Oh. Level headed. Right.

Screenshot-33

In all of the excitement, we almost forgot that Nemo was throwing a house party at the guys' new place!

It's a good thing that we made it, though, or we would have missed Sebastian being invisible!

Well, he had a head and feet, but everything in between was invisible! Isn't that a great trick? I hope he teaches it to me.

Screenshot-50

Huh. Guess he's really tired.

Screenshot-51

Oh! Wow! That's an even better trick than being invisible!

Screenshot-55

Meet Margo, my niece! I'm Auntie Ariel! This is the best house warming party ever.

Screenshot-56

Mom couldn't wait to get her hands on her first grandbaby.

At least maybe they'll leave me alone about popping out a kids now.

Screenshot-58

********
A/N: Invisible Sebastian gives birth at Nemo's party... I couldn't have planned that better if I'd tried! And both Gwyn's and Zeke's wish for a grandchild were fulfilled... but now they've both rolled wishes for 5 grandkids. Sigh. 

Speaking of grandkids, Ariel was nauseated and she and Blu did woohoo (unsupervised) at the end of the last chapter, but I didn't hear any lullabies and the moodlet went away in all of the fire excitement. Hmmm...

Outtakes!

I'm starting to think that Blu might have a hidden evil trait or something... he looks way too happy about the fire.
Screenshot-21

Ariel is so upset by the fire that she punches clear through Blu's stomach!
Screenshot-29

See? Evil.
Screenshot-30

I'm not sure that Zeke really likes BOB any more than the rest of us.
Screenshot-34

Gwyn is so impatient to see the new grandbaby that she walks through the door.
Screenshot-57

12 comments:

  1. Bwahaha! It's brilliant! I see that you turned on male pregnancy in StoryProgression if you didn't have it before. I'm so glad to see that Puzzle and Sebastian had a kid.

    Not that you necessarily want to stop your pregnant men from walking around with just head and feet, but if you do you want these: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=370508

    I was so sure Ariel was pregnant! If you're not sure she isn't, I will go on hoping! Frustrating wishacy patrons!! Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handily, I already had male pregnancy turned on. It just hadn't come up yet! I love that Sebastian and Puzzle gave Zeke and Gwyn their first grandbaby, though.

      I'll have to check out that mod, but I think it worked for Ariel's narration that he was invisible.

      I didn't know what was going on with Ariel here (though I've played ahead enough to know for sure one way or the other now). Very mysterious... glitch or generation 5? Stay tuned!

      Delete
    2. I thought the fact that Sebastian was invisible was fabulous for Ariel's story, so I understand if you want to keep it that way :).

      It's actually not a mod. It's clothes. The reason that pregnant male sims show up like that is that the game can't find any maternity wear for them.

      I eagerly await the news of Ariel's state!

      Delete
    3. Clothes! That makes sense... though it seems like they should be walking around naked, then...

      Delete
    4. Heh. The technical answer to that is that the game considers nakedness to be an outfit just like clothes. It has no idea now to draw a pregnant body on a man. It looks up the "naked outfit" for a pregnant male, gets nothing, so it draws nothing.

      The link includes clothing for all categories and a "naked outfit" for men.

      Delete
    5. I'll have to add those clothes eventually. It probably won't work as well in future generations to have body-less heads roaming around! I love Ariel's "everything's ok" attitude!

      Delete
  2. Yay a baby! I like the name Margo, too! Too bad it wasn't the couple that I'm really waiting for... but still, congrats on the first birth of the next generation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margo is a totally cute name and I think it really suits Puzzle and Sebastian... but I can't take credit for it, the game gave it to her! The game is being super nice to that little family.

      Ariel and Blu are making me crazy.

      Delete
  3. Aww cute little Margo will be a heartbreaker I'm sure. Speaking of the spares, I finally got around to placing a bunch of sims from my fave blogs into the Bookabet save file yesterday and Nemo and Anita really hit it off. Thought I'd share that little tidbit with you. A Hodgins/Bookabet baby would really make me happy :)

    Also, speaking of babies, I hope Ariel is pregnant. She really needs to get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'm so glad to hear that Nemo is getting some happiness somewhere! He really needs some fun and excitement in his life!

      Ariel really does need to produce the next generation. She and Blu obviously like each other, but neither of them are all that interested in wishing to take it to the next level!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, do you remember if you changed Blu's traits when you added him to the game? I've noticed that when I change sims traits the changed trait still seems to show up sometimes, like a 'hidden' trait or something? He really seems to be sneakily enjoying that fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not change Blu's traits, so any hidden traits he has came along with him... but he does occasionally do something so completely out of his usual character that I have to wonder!

      Delete